Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

T-Mobile Goes After Businesses And AT&T And Verizon Should Be Concerned

Name:  IMG_0051.JPG
Views: 160
Size:  71.4 KB

Read here: https://www.forbes.com/sites/moorins...mpression=true

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Device(s)
    1+ 8T 5G, Galaxy S20 5G, Moto G7 Power
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    To compete with Verizon and AT&T for business accounts T-Mobile will first have to compete on coverage and reliability. It will be hard to shake a reputation of having poor coverage and a signal that shut down ten minutes after the light goes out.
    Donald Newcomb

Device(s)
    One Plus 8 (T-Mobile), Samsung S10e (AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I agree. Tmobile may be able to compete on small business side, especially with n urban areas. It has a long ways to go for rural and even suburban areas. I know on At&t with corp +10k lines), we get pretty good representation. I know from personal use on Tmobile, the attitude is 'take it or leave it's or 'here is some credit'... While typically not addressing the issue.

Sent from my IN2017 using HoFo mobile app
    AT&T... your world, throttled.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile US
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    You guys make good points.

I’d add that it really depends on the business needs of each corporate liable account.

For example: I belong to a nationwide organization but our traveling engineering team and C-Level Staff on our BAN have no need for mobile service in the sticks.

For us redundancy and reliability rank higher than rural coverage. As most of you will remember last year T-Mobile did have an incident that affected VoLTE for a few hours and that did raise a few eyebrows. But like our 24 hour new cycle that day came and went and long forgotten.

I’m hoping going forward that T-Mobile will identify and address any weak points in redundancy which will help them win more corporate accounts.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Having being literally tethered to the job in the past few companies, I guess it matters more where I go, than where I'm sent. In general, I've been called/paged whether I'm in Alaska, Hawaii, driving i75 into Canada or relaxing in Puerto Vallarta or Vegas. Best escape was cruise ship, as they won't pay for roaming or a sar phone.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by formercanuck View Post
    Having being literally tethered to the job in the past few companies, I guess it matters more where I go, than where I'm sent. In general, I've been called/paged whether I'm in Alaska, Hawaii, driving i75 into Canada or relaxing in Puerto Vallarta or Vegas. Best escape was cruise ship, as they won't pay for roaming or a sar phone.

Get them to pay for ship WiFi. WiFi calling works quite well on cruise ships and generally runs between $10-$15 per day for one device. I've made calls lasting 20-30 minutes without any problems. Put your phone in Airplane Mode with Wifi on and you are good to go.

Feedback Score
    I agree. Tmobile may be able to compete on small business side, especially with n urban areas. It has a long ways to go for rural and even suburban areas. I know on At&t with corp +10k lines), we get pretty good representation. I know from personal use on Tmobile, the attitude is 'take it or leave it's or 'here is some credit'... While typically not addressing the issue.

Not to mention the hundreds of urban areas not yet covered....

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by daleraver View Post
    Get them to pay for ship WiFi. WiFi calling works quite well on cruise ships and generally runs between $10-$15 per day for one device. I've made calls lasting 20-30 minutes without any problems. Put your phone in Airplane Mode with Wifi on and you are good to go.
    That defeats the purpose of vacation.

Device(s)
    iPhone 12 ProMax, OnePlus 8 5G
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by daleraver View Post
    My work has the expectation that when i'm on vacation.. i'm on... vacation.

Do not bother me with things others can easily handle. Unless it's on fire.. do not call me.. and even then... I cannot do anything about it across the country.. so you'd better find someone local.
    T-Mobile: Magenta Amplified (airline employee plan)
    AT$T: $50 Unlimited Elite Prepaid promo (for more “rural” areas)

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    That was one of the main reasons why I left where I was. Sadly, it was a sinking ship, and I effectively turned the lights out when I left.

Device(s)
    Samsung S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    They came to my work trying to get us ro switch 150+ lines from Verizon and gave us some activated SIM cards to try.. But the coverage and reliability issues were just too great.
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    To compete with Verizon and AT&T for business accounts T-Mobile will first have to compete on coverage and reliability. It will be hard to shake a reputation of having poor coverage and a signal that shut down ten minutes after the light goes out.
    Sent from my SM-N960U1 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I would agree.. especially for work. If I have a work device, I 'need' it to work where I'm going to be working, with few exceptions.
    If T-Mobile can't find their way to update a T1 feeding a 5G site to something better... then I can't see why I would use it for 'work'.

Device(s)
    Samsung S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I would agree.. especially for work. If I have a work device, I 'need' it to work where I'm going to be working, with few exceptions.
    If T-Mobile can't find their way to update a T1 feeding a 5G site to something better... then I can't see why I would use it for 'work'.
    T-Mobile's marketing strategy of not spending a lot to improve coverage and reliability and instead focusing on freebies like Netflix and low-speed included international data, including taxes & fees, partnering with businesses for things like free tacos and hamburgers, has served it very well in attracting new individual customers.

Going after the corporate and government market requires coverage and reliability, two features that T-Mobile has been loathe to spend money on because it requires enormous investments.

Device(s)
    Samsung S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    True, reliability and coverage are the issues dogging T-Mobile. Their low-band 5G speed is fine but they haven't done much in terms of mmWave 5G for the same reasons that they haven't addressed coverage and reliability issues—it's expensive to put in 5G mmWave small cells and it's expensive to add backup power to large cells. But they have a profitable niche selling to customers that aren't concerned about coverage or reliability.
    Quote Originally Posted by NotABiot View Post
    Not to mention the hundreds of urban areas not yet covered....

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianAngela View Post
    T-Mobile's marketing strategy of not spending a lot to improve coverage and reliability and instead focusing on freebies like Netflix and low-speed included international data, including taxes & fees, partnering with businesses for things like free tacos and hamburgers, has served it very well in attracting new individual customers.

Going after the corporate and government market requires coverage and reliability, two features that T-Mobile has been loathe to spend money on because it requires enormous investments.

You are correct in that regard. Government sector is expensive, but potentially lucrative. Tmobile has gone from the uncarrier non bundled and less expensive to bundling all sorts of "stuff" , like Netflix, or other items. Either way you'll pay because Tmobile and Netflix line their pockets with .. your money, which is at a discount.
    Similarly, much of rural and backup infra.
    TMobile doesn't have that "Go big" and having a large fiber footprint. They have deployed a lot... But typically colo sites where fiber and deployment is "easy". VZW costs a good bit, but went the extra mile to deploy in places others won't serve, and a reliable infra. I'm not anti carrier... But I don't have that much faith in government wanting Tmobile service

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast