Thread: PayGo Plans question

Device(s)
    LG phones, Motorola, ZTE, occasional Alcatel
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score

PayGo Plans question

I just visited the H20 Wireless website and couldn't find the PayGo plans. They were mentioned at the bottom of the page but when I clicked the link, it took me back to the beginning of the monthly plan page.

Question-- are they doing away with the PayGo plans? (The $10/90 day plans, etcetera).

If so, that makes H20 just another monthly plan MVNO. The PayGo plans were what set them apart.

With Tracfone selling to Verizon I was scouting ways to get service that suits my needs. I was planning on activating an H20 PayGo SIM because it was only $40/year. I can do most data via WiFi, but do need an active phone number and wanted to port the one I've had on Tracfone.

Red Pocket is the closest thing I know to H20 price wise that uses AT&T. I have never had that service before but if H20 discontinues its PayGo/$10/ 90 day plan, I will probably have to do Red Pocket.

I like plans that don't require registering my debit card, I can just buy top ups as needed. Not many of those left. TF did allow that, but they also sold phones on eBay with a year's service. That was a bum deal for us low volume customers when TF was sold.

Sent from my LGL423DL using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    That is concerning, that the paygo plans are missing from their home page. Hopefully just a web site error. Here is the old link, accessible from the paygo lines in my existing h2o account. What becomes of old paygo lines if discontinued?

https://www.h2owireless.com/plan/minute

BlackWireless still has ATT-network paygo with the same terms as h2o. I think they are owned by RedPocket nowadays.

https://www.blackwireless.com/plans#pay-as-you-go-tab

Feedback Score
    As pointed out in the Tracfone forum, the paygo plans link is near the bottom of the Unlimited Plans page on the h2o website.

Feedback Score
    Would you be comfortable with a mobile virtual company which uses Verizon's network? You can go to Page Plus Cellular, and choose a $10 plan which lasts 120 days. You do not need to register any credit/debit card with PPC(that is, if you 'pay as guest' and not setup an online account with PPC).

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thu1227 View Post
    That is concerning, that the paygo plans are missing from their home page. Hopefully just a web site error. Here is the old link, accessible from the paygo lines in my existing h2o account. What becomes of old paygo lines if discontinued?

https://www.h2owireless.com/plan/minute

BlackWireless still has ATT-network paygo with the same terms as h2o. I think they are owned by RedPocket nowadays.

https://www.blackwireless.com/plans#pay-as-you-go-tab
    Thanks, thu1227. I used the link you sent and visited the homepage. Of course the PayGo Plans link was at the foot of the page. I feel silly now and apologize if I posted wrong info.

I'll do H20 and hopefully they won't disc their 90day/$10 plans. I've had their service before. I only let my previous SIM expire because I had more service than I needed on several phones.

I had forgotten about Black Wireless. I saw it a long time ago. If H20 ever does disc it's PayGo plan, BW will likely be my go to.

Can a person use a locked AT&T phone with BW like with H20? I have an unlocked AT&T Phoenix 2. I wasn't able to get my AT&T smartflip unlocked, I got the code but couldn't finish the transaction. But I was able to activate it on H20 anyway.

I like that H20 allows SIMs to swap to another AT&T phone. Does BW allow that?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by joseg2016 View Post
    Would you be comfortable with a mobile virtual company which uses Verizon's network? You can go to Page Plus Cellular, and choose a $10 plan which lasts 120 days. You do not need to register any credit/debit card with PPC(that is, if you 'pay as guest' and not setup an online account with PPC).
    Thanks for the info, joseg2016. I thought PPC belonged to American Móvil/TF. The 120 days for $10 is a good deal but not sure I'd have a compatible phone. I have an unlocked AT&T LG Phoenix 2, but I think it's GSM only. I don't necessarily want to invest in a VZ compatible phone to activate. Although one day I plan to get an unlocked phone that can switch if needed.

Someone else here would probably prefer PP because of the price. Thanks for posting the info as an option. I hope if it belongs to American Móvil, it survives the VZ sale.

Device(s)
    Flip phone, Samsung J3 on Tello
    Carrier(s)
    Tello, H2O, Page Plus, Tmobile
    Feedback Score
    At least H2O still gives a discount for prepay. And one of their employees watches HOFO posts and has helped me twice when c/s was unable to.

Page Plus started adding a $1 surcharge to online credit card payments. Their autopay won't handle quarterly payments and only works for monthly plans. Turns the 6c/min into 6.66 c/min. My pin supplier also adds the surcharge. Their 5 c/mb data is a little better than H2O's 10 c/mb for occasional use.

Finding a compatible phone on the used market is easier with H2O. All the CDMA phones are obsolete.
    On the new market, the ATT GoPhones work on H2O, and the Tracfones work on PP, so I hear.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dfriz View Post
    At least H2O still gives a discount for prepay. And one of their employees watches HOFO posts and has helped me twice when c/s was unable to.

Page Plus started adding a $1 surcharge to online credit card payments. Their autopay won't handle quarterly payments and only works for monthly plans. Turns the 6c/min into 6.66 c/min. My pin supplier also adds the surcharge. Their 5 c/mb data is a little better than H2O's 10 c/mb for occasional use.

Finding a compatible phone on the used market is easier with H2O. All the CDMA phones are obsolete.
    On the new market, the ATT GoPhones work on H2O, and the Tracfones work on PP, so I hear.
    I was just over at the Red Pocket page at eBay and for $60/year, I can use my unlocked Phoenix to get 100talk mins, 100 texts, and 500mb data (no rollover) per month. Plus they allow cheap topups.

They have a GSM T-mo/sprint plan for $30/year with way more monthly allotment on talk & texts, like 200 talk and 1000 texts monthly for anyone with a compatible phone. I cant rely on Sprint/Tmo here.

I have never tried PPC or Red Pocket. H20 was just pocket friendly and basically has been reliable when I used it (I've had 3 activated SIMs in the past few years). I also like the fact that H20 doesn't require an unlocked phone & can swap SIMs as needed. I will probably go with H20 again when my TF's expire this year, but I will probably try Red Pocket too.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Boom Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    Most ATT network MVNOs can use a locked ATT phone. As long as the phone is compatible with the current ATT network.

What is concerning to me is I've began to see reports that ATT may be duplicating a Verizon practice of charging a MVNO more for customers porting from their main postpaid network.
    iPhone 12 Pro is my current primary phone. No plans to upgrade plan to 5G.