Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile US
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

T-Mobile Customers Getting 'Enhanced Pandora Experience'

Name:  IMG_0052.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  36.0 KB

Starting on Tuesday, March 23, any T-Mobile customer that participates in T-Mobile Tuesdays can get free access to the enhanced version of the Pandora music experience. Ad-free radio weekends will be available through March 2022.

"We're rolling out the magenta carpet once again for T-Mobile customers giving more free benefits and even more value through partnerships with today's best brands," said T-Mobile CMO Matt Staneff. "Now more than ever, we recognize the power that music has to connect communities. Today marks another exciting step in our relationship with Pandora, offering T-Mobile customers a new, supercharged version of a brand they already love. At T-Mobile, it's about getting more value on us -- just for being with us."

Ad-free Pandora weekends will include personalized music stations that can customized with the Modes feature, plus access to tens of thousands of podcasts.

T-Mobile customers will need the T-Mobile Tuesdays app and will need to redeem the Pandora offer. After that, users can download the Pandora app and create a Pandora account. Sprint users are also eligible to download the T-Mobile Tuesdays app.

https://www.macrumors.com/2021/03/17...dora-benefits/

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Carrier(s)
    Mint MVNO. Former: Visible, Verizon, at&t, Sprint, SunCom, PrimeCo, GTE Wireless, Contel Cellular
    Feedback Score

Wireless carriers becoming the new cable companies?

Is it just me or does it seem like the wireless carriers (perhaps TMO being the worst) are becoming the new cable industry by forcing us to buy "services" we do not necessarily want? They are cramming everything from Netflix, Amazon, Disney, Discovery, Pandora, Apple Music, HBO, Tuesday "freebies," etc. into cell plans. Make no mistake, we are paying wether we use them or not.

This is one of the reasons I have moved to a MVNO. All I want is reliable data and phone calls. I think this will eventually backfire. Perhaps I am an outlier on this, but I can't imagine most people actually utilize all these services. Especially once locked into an ecosystem like Apple, Pandora is useless to me.

Feedback Score
    No, right there with you. It is weird now, your carrier choice now is, "do I want Verizon and Disney+HuluPlusAppleMusicPlus? Or AT&T and HBO Max? Or TSprinTidalNetflixPandora(onweekends)?"

Or why not just charge me a reasonable price for bits and let me choose my entertainment providers independently? One leapfrogs from promotional bundle to promotional bundle with "discounts" attached for paying phone off, "discounts" for line access, "discounts" for line bundling, "discounts" on third party services, each with their own convoluted sets of requirements. Good luck keeping track of it all.

Device(s)
    One Plus 8 (T-Mobile), Samsung S10e (AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    The 'buy in bulk' approach of you get a decent amount more.... when you pay more (CostCo buy in bulk approach) where the cost/individual 'piece' is less.
    Sadly, price just continues to go up, and a lot of [email protected] that you probably don't want, ends up being included.
    Funny how T-Mobile is starting to sound more like the 'Carrier' than the 'Uncarrier' that it is supposed to be.
    AT&T... your world, throttled.

Device(s)
    iPhone 12 Pro Max / iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Pacific Bell Wireless / AT&T MX / Movistar MX / Telcel MX
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ctk74 View Post
    Is it just me or does it seem like the wireless carriers (perhaps TMO being the worst) are becoming the new cable industry by forcing us to buy "services" we do not necessarily want? They are cramming everything from Netflix, Amazon, Disney, Discovery, Pandora, Apple Music, HBO, Tuesday "freebies," etc. into cell plans. Make no mistake, we are paying wether we use them or not.
    Wireless carriers for the last several years have been embracing Quad Play for additional revenue streams and bringing in new subscribers. The wireless carrier business is saturated and the only way to differentiate themselves from one another is to bring additional services.

This is one of the reasons I have moved to a MVNO. All I want is reliable data and phone calls. I think this will eventually backfire. Perhaps I am an outlier on this, but I can't imagine most people actually utilize all these services. Especially once locked into an ecosystem like Apple, Pandora is useless to me.
    Each to his own. I think there are people who want their smartphone to do more besides phone calls and visit websites. Smartphones have become everything from ipods, digital wallets to movie players and wireless carriers need to offer more than just phone calls and data to visit websites. Another part of the offerings is to entice people to purchase smartphones.

I actually never had a use for such extra services in the past, but because of the pandemic I'm finding a use with HBO Max on AT&T. It's not like I can simply swing by brothers house at anytime or participate socially in large groups as I used to. What happens if I get sick with covid 19? It's not like I can show up at work and power through it like I did with the flu or cold. Still others, have been demanding that their $700-$1,000 do more than just phone calls and visit websites.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by formercanuck View Post
    The 'buy in bulk' approach of you get a decent amount more.... when you pay more (CostCo buy in bulk approach) where the cost/individual 'piece' is less.
    Sadly, price just continues to go up, and a lot of [email protected] that you probably don't want, ends up being included.
    Funny how T-Mobile is starting to sound more like the 'Carrier' than the 'Uncarrier' that it is supposed to be.
    For me, "uncarrier" in the past went hand in hand with poor coverage, compared to the "Carriers". I'm glad to have t-mobile significantly improve the coverage and become a "carrier".