Thread: AT&T Galaxy S21 Ultra: Dual Sim?

Device(s)
    Galaxy Nexus
    Feedback Score

AT&T Galaxy S21 Ultra: Dual Sim?

Greetings,

Does anyone know if the AT&T branded version of the Galaxy S21 Ultra supports dual sim standby with one esim and one physical sim? W

Thanks

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S21 5G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    From what I just read, the S21 does have the ability to use a physical SIM and an eSIM.
    Just another day in paradise.....

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 12 Pro Max, Google Pixel 5
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    The Galaxy S20 and S21 series apparently has eSIM functionality, however for US models that functionality is disabled. Whether that was because of Samsung or the US carriers, I don't know. Rumor has it that T-Mobile will be the first to enable eSIM functionality on the Galaxy S21 series in July, but I wouldn't hold my breath on that. Lies about this have been said before by both people, carriers, and Samsung themselves, and so far its never come true.

It is frankly ridiculous that both Apple and Google can make the carriers play nice with eSIM but not Samsung, the largest Android manufacturer in the world.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S21 5G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Just for giggles, I called my carrier T-mobile and they don't have an official answer or commitment for the S21. It would be silly not to offer an eSim for a flagship phone nowaday. I also suspect it will be available later this year, but their CS group hasn't been given the go-ahead or training to start the process yet. I don't need to activate an eSIM but I wanted to ask them myself.