Thread: WiFi calling on Verizon Towers?

Feedback Score

WiFi calling on Verizon Towers?

Does anyone have WiFi calling working on Verizon Towers with Tracfone? I used to have a BYOD iPhone on T-Mobile towers and WiFi calling worked. Recently switched to a new iPhone and Tracfone sent me a new sim with the Phone which is on Verizon.

I can switch on WiFi calling on the iPhone and set up E911 but I get an error when trying to call using WIFi only. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Feedback Score
    I don't think Verizon does wifi calling on TF or any mvno at this point.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_in_nyc View Post
    Does anyone have WiFi calling working on Verizon Towers with Tracfone? I used to have a BYOD iPhone on T-Mobile towers and WiFi calling worked. Recently switched to a new iPhone and Tracfone sent me a new sim with the Phone which is on Verizon.

I can switch on WiFi calling on the iPhone and set up E911 but I get an error when trying to call using WIFi only. Thanks
    Wifi calling with Tracfone only works with T-Mobile.

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I have WiFi calling on both the A50 and A51 on Verizon based Straight Talk, but I am using branded phones tho.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S21 5G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Does anyone have WiFi calling working on Verizon Towers with Tracfone?
    Wifi calling doesn't operate on the cell tower, it operates on Wifi networks either at home or businesses that offers access. Wifi calling works of the internet instead. WiFi offers too little range to establish and maintain a usable signal from outside of a fixed location (normally 40 feet from the router at most).
    Just another day in paradise.....

Feedback Score
    Wifi calling works on TF/AT&T, too. Phoenix 2, iPhone SE 2016 and 2020, in my case.

If I try it on the iPhone SE 2020 with TF/VZW it behaves like in the first post - the set up looks good, but it doesn't work in the end.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Serial Port View Post
    Wifi calling doesn't operate on the cell tower, it operates on Wifi networks either at home or businesses that offers access. Wifi calling works of the internet instead. WiFi offers too little range to establish and maintain a usable signal from outside of a fixed location (normally 40 feet from the router at most).
    Yes I understand. What I meant was my underlying network on Tracfone is Verizon. If I go into airplane mode with WiFi turned on and try to make a call I get an error message even though the phone and tracfone allow me to set up WIFi calling.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I have WiFi calling on my old iPhone SE on Trac VZW. Not sure how I got it to work but I suspect it has to do with me sim swapping between my Trac branded SE and my Simple Mobile SE.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by arny56 View Post
    I have WiFi calling on my old iPhone SE on Trac VZW. Not sure how I got it to work but I suspect it has to do with me sim swapping between my Trac branded SE and my Simple Mobile SE.
    A Simple Mobile sim is TM.

Feedback Score
    Yes I understand. What I meant was my underlying network on Tracfone is Verizon. If I go into airplane mode with WiFi turned on and try to make a call I get an error message even though the phone and tracfone allow me to set up WIFi calling.

Doesn't airplane mode turn off wifi as well as cellular? Maybe that's not what you meant, but if you did, try turning off just the cellular connection.

Device(s)
    LG Q7+, LG Journey, LG Stylo 4+
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RVaughn View Post
    Doesn't airplane mode turn off wifi as well as cellular? Maybe that's not what you meant, but if you did, try turning off just the cellular connection.
    On some phones, airplane mode turns off Wifi, but you can then turn Wifi back on by itself (without cell service). On older phones, airplane mode doesn't turn off Wifi.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Boom Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Serial Port View Post
    Could have been shorthand to indicate they were using the Verizon network

Or maybe not.
    iPhone 12 Pro is my current primary phone. No plans to upgrade plan to 5G.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    A Simple Mobile sim is TM.
    That’s true, but I don’t use that sim. I swap a Trac VZW sim into it.