Thread: Warning about Verizon Debit Card and trade-in offers.

Device(s)
    9630 BB Tour
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score

Warning about Verizon Debit Card and trade-in offers.

Please do not buy into Verizon for these reasons. The Credit card is a scam that doesn't allow you to use the rewards- and quite frankly it isn't worth the hassle. Synchrony is the third party bank with poor service and using those credits they say you will get back isn't their responsibility. When Verizon is contacted they say you have to call Synchrony. They just bounce off each other- no real rewards. Buyer beware- not worth taking a credit hit to apply for this credit card. They advertise the crap out of the card- just use your regular debit and be done with it. You still get plenty of discounts.

Verizon trade-in is also a complete scam the quoted prices are not actual prices and they will always knock off money even if the phone is in good condition. They lose trade-in phones all the time in their warehouse- then getting them to locate and credit is a month to two month process. Neither the credit card or trade-in is as smooth as they purport it to be online or on the phone. I understand we are in a pandemic but calling customer service is an arduous task. My Verizon bill hasn't gone down, why should their customer service go down.

I am only with Verizon because of their phone service quality and free things given with it. Free Disney plus and Hulu plus. ESPN plus is really not worth it and has little to no content. Their speeds are ok in my area and Tmobile and ATT blow them out of the water. I am in Chicagoland.

Feedback Score
    Very Sorry to hear.

Device(s)
    NUU X6 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Hello Mobile, US Mobile
    Feedback Score
    The disney and hulu plus freebies were only for the first 6 months of service last time i checked.

After that, ive read about charges anywhere between 20-50 added to the bill for those two services alone, which you can get both separately for like 15.

Sent from my S6003L using HoFo mobile app
    Drako Swiftclaw

Webmaster for Drako's Website Services
    Review Team Member for Drako's Wireless Review
    Independent Tech for DTech Seattle

Device(s)
    Verizon Galaxy S6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I never had an issue with their credit card. It gives Verizon Dollars that could be used toward my bill. I'm paying that anyway so don't see how I can lose.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jmac32here View Post
    The disney and hulu plus freebies were only for the first 6 months of service last time i checked.
    That must have been along time ago. On Play More and Get More unlimited the Disney Bundle is included with the plan since August.

Device(s)
    Iphone Xs, Ipad Pro 11"
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon/Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Lol, I haven't had any issues with their credit card. Have been using it for a while, get the credits each month, and also able to put them towards my bill. Also you claim you are only with them for their phone service quality yet then also claim att and tmo blow them out of the water, so why not switch?