Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Moto G Power

Device(s)
    LY Stylo 2v
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score

Moto G Power

Any problems getting text with the Moto G Power and TF/VZW BYOP sim or any other issues?

Thinking bout getting the Moto G Power 2020, want to make sure everything will work.

Device(s)
    LY Stylo 2v
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Forgot to mention looking at unlocked Moto G Power 2020.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I have the Tracfone branded Moto G Power (2020) on Trac VZW and it works fine for calls and text. Do you have any specific applications for it?

Device(s)
    LY Stylo 2v
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    That's good to know, , wondering if sending/receiving text on the unlocked Moto G Power works as well. I'm wanting the unlocked version because I'm using the TF/VZW BYOP SIM card. That way if there's a problem with the phone I can just pop my sim card back in my old phone. Plus I don't have to mess with TF CS swapping sim cards. Last time I got a new sim they lost over 2000 of my minutes. Want to avoid that if possible.

Device(s)
    Moto G Power, Moto G7 Power, Moto E6
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone (Verizon), Visible
    Feedback Score
    I also have the Tracfone branded Moto G Power (2020) and I like it. I have it on Tracfone Verizon. The only thing I don't like is that hotspot doesn't work. If you turn it on it automatically turns back off. Hotspot is not officially supported by Tracfone but it works on many phones like the moto e5 and e6 (on Tracfone Verizon)

Feedback Score
    I just activated a new tracfone branded Moto G power last week. I am very happy with it so far. I had a lg g5 before this. I was able to pick it up when QVC had them on sale a few weeks ago. 119.00 with free shipping was the deal.
    I believe there are some problems with sim swapping. Atleast that is what I have read on the forum in the past.

Device(s)
    LY Stylo 2v
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    I read that too about sim swapping. Thats why I want the unlocked version that isn't Tracfone branded so I can use my TF/VZW BYOP sim. Trying to find out if anybody is doing that without any problems.

Device(s)
    LG Q7+, LG Journey, LG Stylo 4+
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NanaC View Post
    I read that too about sim swapping. Thats why I want the unlocked version that isn't Tracfone branded so I can use my TF/VZW BYOP sim.
    Even with an unlocked phone you can still run into problems when SIM swapping. A BYOP TF/VZW SIM is paired to the IMEI of a whitelisted phone that you provided when activating that SIM. In the past, TF or Verizon didn't really enforce that pairing when you swapped the SIM into another phone. But recently some people got a message saying (basically) "The SIM is not being used in the phone that it was activated with. Please put the SIM back into that phone to resume your service".

If you want to use a BYOP TF/VZW SIM a different phone, you should contact TF and ask the rep to pair the SIM to the IMEI of the new phone.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    You should buy a TF Moto G Power airtime bundle from HSN/QVC/Tracfone e-Bay store.
    It may cost less than the unlocked Moto G Power without airtime.
    The TF Moto G Power comes with Verizon service. Transferring service from your old phone to activate the bundle has little risk when using chat.

Device(s)
    LY Stylo 2v
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post

If you want to use a BYOP TF/VZW SIM a different phone, you should contact TF and ask the rep to pair the SIM to the IMEI of the new phone.
    Thanks for the info hpham, wasn't aware I could do that. Thought I would have to go thru the process of swapping sims and possibly losing my minutes.
    ~~Teresa ~~

Device(s)
    LY Stylo 2v
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    You should buy a TF Moto G Power airtime bundle from HSN/QVC/Tracfone e-Bay store.
    It may cost less than the unlocked Moto G Power without airtime.
    The TF Moto G Power comes with Verizon service. Transferring service from your old phone to activate the bundle has little risk when using chat.
    Thank you! Just ordered from HSN at the lowest price I've saw yet.

Feedback Score
    I have the Tracfone branded Moto G Power 2020 from the Amazon deal several months that didn't come with any service.
    I put my Safelink SIM card in it and it works perfectly.
    Safelink runs on T-Mobile where I live.

When I first got it, it had a Tracfone Verizon SIM card in it but I pulled it and put my Safelink SIM card in it before I turned it on for the first time.

Sent from my Moto Optimo Maxx

Device(s)
    LY Stylo 2v
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowyWhite View Post
    I have the Tracfone branded Moto G Power 2020 from the Amazon deal several months that didn't come with any service.
    I put my Safelink SIM card in it and it works perfectly.
    Safelink runs on T-Mobile where I live.

When I first got it, it had a Tracfone Verizon SIM card in it but I pulled it and put my Safelink SIM card in it before I turned it on for the first time.

Thank you so much for the info! That's what I'm hoping I can do, at least to test the phone out. I don't want to go through the process of pairing my sim to the moto g power then not be able to use it in my unlocked phone if I need to go back to it for some reason. That's the reason the BYOB sim card to begin with, so I could swap between phones without having to go thru Tracfone customer service every time I switched phones.

Feedback Score
    Before I got the Moto G Power I had my Safelink SIM card in a Simple Mobile Moto e5 and it just worked without me having to do anything special.
    I just put the Safelink SIM card in it and it worked just fine.
    When I got the Moto G Power I did the same thing.
    No problem at all.
    Thank you so much for the info! That's what I'm hoping I can do, at least to test the phone out. I don't want to go through the process of pairing my sim to the moto g power then not be able to use it in my unlocked phone if I need to go back to it for some reason. That's the reason the BYOB sim card to begin with, so I could swap between phones without having to go thru Tracfone customer service every time I switched phones.

Feedback Score
    Thank you! Just ordered from HSN at the lowest price I've saw yet.
    That is the same deal I got with QVC.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast