Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Left after 6+ years

Feedback Score

Left after 6+ years

US Mobile's new Unlimited plans finally tipped me to leave after six and a half years with Cricket. For 5 lines it's cheaper at $125 (incl tax+fees) without trying to find refill deals and runs on Verizon (good or bad) or T-Mobile. Every additional line is also $25. The perks sealed the deal with the cost of Netflix Standard and the Disney+ Hulu bundles covered as monthly service credits. I'm under $100 for everything, just missing hotspot but that can be added to $10/mo 20GB if I really need it.

Speeds on Cricket were generally good, but many times trying to send an iMessage while on LTE it would get stuck for minutes before sending. We saw this on multiple lines and models of iPhone, so it was something do to with the connectivity and became very frustrating. I may be back if the Verizon deprioritization is bad enough where we need to use the phones, but I've also seen LTE speeds over 200Mb so far. Who knows, maybe Cricket with make some adjustments and we'll come back?

Feedback Score
    Interesting deal with the perks. Let us know how it goes.

Feedback Score
    Holy moly! Those are good deals. If US Mobile had Party Pay like Visible I'd port over for all those streaming services.
    I will be Judged on how I helped the poor, sick & others in need; strangers & loved ones alike.

Visible (Verizon) UTT & Unlimited Data $25/mo
    Liberty Wireless (T-Mobile) UTT 07.26.21
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.05.22
    Truphone (AT&T) every 180 days by 07.04.21

Carrier(s)
    Sprint/T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I heard a few people complain about the iMessage problem on cricket, so decided to try it for myself and you’re right, it’s a thing. Put a cricket sim in both my se 2020 and iPhone 12 and there were delays in both sending, and receiving iMessages. Some of the delays were pretty long also, to the point where it just wouldn’t send it as an iMessage, would send it as a sms, and the reply would never come in on my end. It’s a weird thing for sure, and not sure what causes it, but it’s definitely there.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Theghostlad82 View Post
    I heard a few people complain about the iMessage problem on cricket, so decided to try it for myself and you’re right, it’s a thing. Put a cricket sim in both my se 2020 and iPhone 12 and there were delays in both sending, and receiving iMessages. Some of the delays were pretty long also, to the point where it just wouldn’t send it as an iMessage, would send it as a sms, and the reply would never come in on my end. It’s a weird thing for sure, and not sure what causes it, but it’s definitely there.
    Yeah, the overall speeds and feel were fine in general with Cricket over the last couple years, but when I want to send a text, it needs to send. Decent ping, plenty of bandwidth, but it sometimes would just sit there trying to send. VPN helped sometimes, but I got tired of trying to manage it. 90% of the people I text for personal and work are on iMessage.

Verizon MVNOs can be a slow toad in a busy location, but if the texts and calls still work I can live with it.

Device(s)
    OnePlus 5T
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Wow. Those perks are tempting. We are on the grandfathered 5 lines for $100 now. There are only 4 of us but I got the free fifth line when those plans we’re going away.

Are there any taxes and fees on top of the 4 lines unlimited for $100? A couple of us would have to get new phones since they’re GSM only if we wanted to go with the Verizon version. Can you switch between V and T-mobile after you sign up?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hooked View Post
    Wow. Those perks are tempting. We are on the grandfathered 5 lines for $100 now. There are only 4 of us but I got the free fifth line when those plans we’re going away.

Are there any taxes and fees on top of the 4 lines unlimited for $100? A couple of us would have to get new phones since they’re GSM only if we wanted to go with the Verizon version. Can you switch between V and T-mobile after you sign up?
    These new plans are all taxes and fees included. You can switch easily between Verizon and T-Mobile with a quick chat to support (and the needed SIMs, of course).

One thing I did notice is that they seem to use 30 days instead of monthly date for billing, so it's a small amount more expensive annually. I think Redpocket is similar.

Anyway, there's promo codes for up to 3 free SIM Kits and $20 off the first month. Also if you contact them via Reddit they will credit back the $25 extra it costs for initial signup, since you activate one line at a time @ $45+30+$25+$25 etc.

Carrier(s)
    Sprint/T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by energyx View Post
    Yeah, the overall speeds and feel were fine in general with Cricket over the last couple years, but when I want to send a text, it needs to send. Decent ping, plenty of bandwidth, but it sometimes would just sit there trying to send. VPN helped sometimes, but I got tired of trying to manage it. 90% of the people I text for personal and work are on iMessage.

Verizon MVNOs can be a slow toad in a busy location, but if the texts and calls still work I can live with it.
    Yea, they are definitely doing something funky with imessage. AT&T gets great speeds here also, the cricket sim gets almost identical speeds to at&t, but iMessage just lags and hangs on cricket and not on at&t. It’s definitely weird whatever they are doing with it. I can see why iPhone users wouldn’t be happy on cricket.

Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Cool, I have been debating about moving out to Visible. Now there's another contender to consider.

Device(s)
    BLU V5, iPhone 6, iPhone SE2
    Carrier(s)
    TruPhone (ATT), Mint Mobile (TMo), TracFone (VZN), Cricket (ATT)
    Feedback Score
    I don’t use iMessage for a lot of reasons. I have it turned off and have no problems getting SMS or MMS in a timely fashion. Sometimes 2FA has a bit of lag, but it lags going to emails too.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

iPhone SE2 on Cricket (Primary)
    BLU V5 on TruPhone/Mint Mobile (Backup)
    iPhone 6 on Tracfone - VZ (Backup)

Feedback Score
    I left after they did away with the $100 per line port in credits hah

Device(s)
    Oneplus One
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    US Mobile's new Unlimited plans finally tipped me to leave after six and a half years with Cricket. For 5 lines it's cheaper at $125 (incl tax+fees) without trying to find refill deals and runs on Verizon (good or bad) or T-Mobile. Every additional line is also $25. The perks sealed the deal with the cost of Netflix Standard and the Disney+ Hulu bundles covered as monthly service credits. I'm under $100 for everything, just missing hotspot but that can be added to $10/mo 20GB if I really need it.

Speeds on Cricket were generally good, but many times trying to send an iMessage while on LTE it would get stuck for minutes before sending. We saw this on multiple lines and models of iPhone, so it was something do to with the connectivity and became very frustrating. I may be back if the Verizon deprioritization is bad enough where we need to use the phones, but I've also seen LTE speeds over 200Mb so far. Who knows, maybe Cricket with make some adjustments and we'll come back?
    Are you able to get wifi calling and VoLTE on US Mobile?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by emily1995 View Post
    Are you able to get wifi calling and VoLTE on US Mobile?
    VoLTE on both Verizon and T-Mobile with them. Wifi calling only with their T-Mobile service right now, but they are working on adding for Verizon soon.

Device(s)
    OnePlus 5T
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    What phones are you using. Cricket is not going to allow some older phones to use VOLTE starting next year even though they work on other carriers.

Device(s)
    Oneplus One
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    VoLTE on both Verizon and T-Mobile with them. Wifi calling only with their T-Mobile service right now, but they are working on adding for Verizon soon.
    Thanks. Few other questions:

(1) The free Netflix etc. are not actual subscriptions, instead they give you credits on bill. Correct?

(2) Now they say on website that these unlimited plans come with international roaming data included. That looks like a big deal since we plan to travel once this Covid business is over. This seems like a new addition.

(3) You talked about $20 credit for first month. If there is a referral code I would be happy to use yours for pointing us to USMobile.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast