Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: horrible customer sevice

Feedback Score

horrible customer sevice

first they sent the phone to the wrong address. then they told me to contact fed ex. twice. fed ex told me to contact trac fone again. around and around for 4 hours yesterday, another 4 today. when i am able to get a hold of a live person the line suddenly goes dead. i need for tem to contact fedex to get the old phone, sent to the wrong address back to them so i can get a refund. meanwhile a new phone has been sent today. still on the phone with an actual live person for the last 45 minutes who cannot seem to figure out how to get the package with the old phone, sent to the wrong address so i can get the refund. it makes me feel not too confident that i will get the new phone or the refund for the old one. this really bad.

Device(s)
    LG Q7+, LG Journey, LG Stylo 4+
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by william wh View Post
    first they sent the phone to the wrong address.
    Where did they get the wrong address from? How is it wrong?

Feedback Score
    I'll get flack. But welcome to TF.
    I will be Judged on how I helped the poor, sick & others in need; strangers & loved ones alike.

Visible (Verizon) UTT & Unlimited Data $25/mo
    Liberty Wireless (T-Mobile) UTT 07.26.21
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.05.22
    Truphone (AT&T) every 180 days by 07.04.21

Feedback Score
    they left out the apartment number.

Feedback Score
    So another 4 hours on the phone with trac fone again today! the few people that I actually spoke to who didn't suddenly Go silent were unhelpful until the very last guy. A young guy spent 45 minutes trying to get fed ex to send the wrong addressed package back to Trac Fone. Finally I suggested he call a supervisor and he did! The supervisor he would escalate this to the overseas team (!) and that they would be calling me in 24-48 hours with news of the refund. and hopefully the wring addressed phone gets to be returned to Trac Fone.Just as the supervisor said thank you and good night, my phone's battery went dead.

Device(s)
    LG Q7+, LG Journey, LG Stylo 4+
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    I'd have directed FedEx to deliver to one of the alternate drop-off points (Walgreens, Kinko, etc) or hold at their local office, then go there and pick it up.
    https://www.fedex.com/en-us/shipping...ge-pickup.html

https://www.fedex.com/en-us/delivery...eliveries.html

Feedback Score
    william wh
    You are having a hellofatime trying to get your phone. Things like this are good justification for actually buying an unlocked device from the device manufacturer, and then activating the device with the carrier service of your choosing (as long as you check for comparability on the carrier first). I am suggesting, do not buy a device from the CARRIER.

Feedback Score
    Wow! I had no idea TF manually addressed their packages! That's bad!

Feedback Score
    It seems obvious to me that if Tracfone screwed up the address, it should be Tracfone's headache to retrieve it. Tracfone does know how to do this-- witness the time not long ago when Trac intercepted and recalled a large number of shipments when they decided the pricing was in error.

That said, Tracfone is usually pretty reliable with shipping-- I've probably ordered 20 phones or SIM cards over the years, and never had an issue.
    My Tello referral code is P3BSR5HV, and gets both of us 10 Tello Dollars to pay for a plan.
    https://tello.com/account/register?_referral=P3BSR5HV

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Contact your credit card company and alert them to the problem and that you may have to dispute the charge if you never receive the phone or a credit.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S21 5G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    The lesson to be learned here is that the consumer should not attempt to contact the shipper (USPS, FEDEX, UPS, etc.) about the order status but should contact the service/product provider instead. Even if customer service insists that you contact the shipper, stand firm and request them to do so instead. If you get any pushback from the rep, ask for a manager.

As someone who used to work for At&t as a CS rep, the shipper will NOT discuss with the customer directly. There are internal groups for the phone company that address/resolve such issues.
    Just another day in paradise.....

Feedback Score
    How did you know the package addressing was wrong? FedEx should have just returned the package to the sender if they could not deliver it. It used to be that shipments from Tracfone using FedEx required a signature. Maybe that has been dropped, especially at apartment addresses.

BTW: All the Best Buy stores in my area have this model in stock.

Device(s)
    LY Stylo 2v
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by joseg2016 View Post
    william wh
    You are having a hellofatime trying to get your phone. Things like this are good justification for actually buying an unlocked device from the device manufacturer, and then activating the device with the carrier service of your choosing (as long as you check for comparability on the carrier first). I am suggesting, do not buy a device from the CARRIER.
    Just gotta ask...Are you saying that TracFone is the only carrier that could mess up an address. That big name carriers could never do that?

Don't matter if its unlocked or locked. If you buy online and having it shipped your taking a chance of something hapoening to the package. The only way it couldn't happen is to buy it in store and walk out with it.

You talk about only buying from big name carriers. Some of us can't afford to do that unless we buy a refurbished phone and get it online. Right now there getting so expensive its just cheaper to buy a new prepaid phone. Thats why I chose a TracFone Moto G Power over the unlocked version, got it for half the price.

Feedback Score
    The phone I wanted cannot be ordered from the manufacturer (LG) it can only be ordered from Trac Fone. In fact, i am locked into Trac fone for one year.

Feedback Score
    I buy flip phones. The most expensive one I ever had cost $50. I never got a smart phone because I have a desktop computer at home.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast