Thread: Cricket vs AT&T

Device(s)
    iPhone 12 Pro Max
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Cricket vs AT&T

I currently have Verizon which I知 tired of paying a premium price and having to roam on us cellular 1x anytime I知 in West Virginia off the major interstates, it is unusable for anything other than texting and calling. Everyone with at&t is getting 4g or 5G and I知 sitting there with a useless phone, so I知 either going to get cricket or at&t, just wondering the difference I would see between the two? I壇 get the top tier plan on cricket which from what I understand doesn稚 throttle you back to 8mbps like the core plan does

Feedback Score
    I'm assuming you mean Cricket or At&t Prepaid? Both are pretty solid. I switched from Cricket to At&t Prepaid a few years ago for the faster speed, free Hotspot and rollover. I pay around $36.00 per month for the Wally/At&t Prepaid 25gb plan.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishx65 View Post
    I'm assuming you mean Cricket or At&t Prepaid? Both are pretty solid. I switched from Cricket to At&t Prepaid a few years ago for the faster speed, free Hotspot and rollover. I pay around $36.00 per month for the Wally/At&t Prepaid 25gb plan.
    How much are the taxes and fees? I recently switched to the unlimited plan on Cricket and it's a little expensive. But 35 gb probably won't be enough.

Sent from my Nokia C2 Tennen using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by futurephone View Post
    How much are the taxes and fees? I recently switched to the unlimited plan on Cricket and it's a little expensive. But 35 gb probably won't be enough.

I grab 2 refills every time Target does the 5 off 50. No taxes or 911 fees when you purchase pins from Target and At&t Prepaid doesn't charge tax or 911 when they withdraw the monthly payment from your balance

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishx65 View Post
    I grab 2 refills every time Target does the 5 off 50. No taxes or 911 fees when you purchase pins from Target
    Thank you.

Feedback Score
    Cricket is somewhat more restrictive about BYOD Android devices. You won't get hotspot unless it's an IPhone or a Cricket branded Android. Coverage will be the same. I switched to AT&T prepaid when I got an extra data deal. Then I had issue with AT&T prepaid when they stopped allowing forwarding for BYOD Android devices. AT&T prepaid doesn't support Visual Voicemail for BYOD Android. I am at current using Red Pocket AT&T. Support is there for VoLTE and WIFI calling. Hotspot works. I am able to forward to Google Voice for Voicemail. Red Pocket says they support Visual Voice Mail but even with the add-on it won't work on a BYOD Android because of AT&T restrictions.

Sent from my iPad using HoFo

Feedback Score
    I'm on Cricket's more expensive unlimited plan, and the speeds should be the same as AT&T Prepaid for the most part. AT&T Prepaid's Unlimited Plus plan will have 22GB of prioritized data while Cricket is prioritized all the time. Cricket's unlimited plan will cost less than AT&T Prepaid if you need a family plan.

Device(s)
    iphone 6s plus
    Carrier(s)
    VZW,T-mobile,Cricket,Fi
    Feedback Score

Cricket vs AT&T

fwiw, my anecdotal experience is that the AT&T unlimited plus prepaid plan has more reliable faster data than the highest tier Cricket unlimited plan.

With Cricket I had buffering/interruptions consistently while streaming in certain locations. With AT&T prepaid in the same phone, data speeds were fine, no buffering.

The always on deprioritization on Cricket actually matters (to me). My usage is typically less than 22GB per month.

I also had intermittent iMessage issues with Cricket and do not have them with AT&T prepaid.

I am certainly not going back to Cricket.
    "I didn't get fat by accident. This was a personal choice. " - Kevin Gillespie

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mch View Post
    fwiw, my anecdotal experience is that the AT&T unlimited plus prepaid plan has more reliable faster data than the highest tier Cricket unlimited plan.

With Cricket I had buffering/interruptions consistently while streaming in certain locations. With AT&T prepaid in the same phone, data speeds were fine, no buffering.

The always on deprioritization on Cricket actually matters (to me). My usage is typically less than 22GB per month.

I also had intermittent iMessage issues with Cricket and do not have them with AT&T prepaid.

I am certainly not going back to Cricket.
    Good to hear the iMessage issues are not present on AT&T Prepaid. I moved our 5 lines to US Mobile (Verizon) recently, and while speeds can be all over the place, iMessage has had no delays like I saw on Cricket Unlimited+.