Thread: What's the name of the currently advertised 2 for $70 over 55 plan?

Feedback Score

What's the name of the currently advertised 2 for $70 over 55 plan?

Hello,

My wife and daughter recently joined T-Mobile and were placed on the 2 lines for $70 "Magenta 1.0 Unlimited 55"

It seems it is not as good as the one advertised on TV which as "Netflix on Us" and seemingly more hotspot data.

When she uses the website to "manage plans" she does not see a dropdown for the plan advertised on TV. She is paying a total of $80 because my daughter uses an Apple Watch.

Does she have to call 611 to get the better plan? If so, what plan is she asking for? I wish she could just toggle on the website. Why have a "manage plan" section if you can't use it to switch to the better plan?

Thanks,

Dan

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S21 5G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I have the same Magenta 55 plan. When I go to my online account, the Netflix option is not available on this plan, only on the standard Magenta plan for about $50 more per month. I haven't seen the commercial you mentioned so I don't know the actual content, only what you reported. In the "Manage my Plan" page from their site shows the plan differences in detail.

Bottom line, if the Netflix feature is important enough, you will pay more to get it. It isn't included with this plan.
    Just another day in paradise.....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by saverdan View Post
    Hello,

My wife and daughter recently joined T-Mobile and were placed on the 2 lines for $70 "Magenta 1.0 Unlimited 55"

It seems it is not as good as the one advertised on TV which as "Netflix on Us" and seemingly more hotspot data.

When she uses the website to "manage plans" she does not see a dropdown for the plan advertised on TV. She is paying a total of $80 because my daughter uses an Apple Watch.

Does she have to call 611 to get the better plan? If so, what plan is she asking for? I wish she could just toggle on the website. Why have a "manage plan" section if you can't use it to switch to the better plan?

Thanks,

Dan
    Hi Dan:
    I changed to the Magenta® Unlimited 55. It is 70bucks a month for two lines, all in. Includes 100GB data each line, Netflex on only ONE screen at a time, and 10GB of hot spot on each line. MUST have Autopay enabled, or it's 10bucks extra.

I only changed to the plan a month or so ago. It is billing correctly, and I get the services promised. I am happy.

Hope you get on a path to happiness also. Good Luck.

I

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chucko2000 View Post
    Hi Dan:
    I changed to the Magenta® Unlimited 55. It is 70bucks a month for two lines, all in. Includes 100GB data each line, Netflex on only ONE screen at a time, and 10GB of hot spot on each line. MUST have Autopay enabled, or it's 10bucks extra.

I only changed to the plan a month or so ago. It is billing correctly, and I get the services promised. I am happy.

I
    The improved plan was probably out when we were at the store and placed on the "1.0" version. I will be quite annoyed to pay $20 to get placed on the plan we belonged on in the first place. I'll see if my wife has time for the 6-1-1 call today - she detests making those calls so I tried self-service instead.

She needs the larger hotspot more than Netflix - I know the two upgrades travel together from reading news articles on the new "unlimited" magenta press releases that embedded comments about the improved "over 55" plan that remains nameless on the website.

Thanks!

Dan

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chucko2000 View Post
    Hi Dan:

I
    OK - the plan she should ask for is "Magenta Unlimited 55" - I'm glad you are happy after the switch. I'm wondering if there is any down side to giving up the 1.0 plan - I can't see any and the price is exactly the same.

Thanks for the prompt reply!

Dan

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by saverdan View Post
    OK - the plan she should ask for is "Magenta Unlimited 55" - I'm glad you are happy after the switch. I'm wondering if there is any down side to giving up the 1.0 plan - I can't see any and the price is exactly the same.

Thanks for the prompt reply!

Dan
    I contacted T-Mobile yesterday to change my plan to the new Magenta 55+ plan. I asked the woman if there were any downsides to going to the new plan and she said no. It took her about 20 minutes to complete the switch. She set it up to go into effect on April 4 since that's when my billing cycle starts. Easy Peasy. I have a friend who did the same thing by phone yesterday, too.

Feedback Score
    How does this change effect someone who is on the same plan but has the additional 3rd line currently for $20. We’re currently playing $90 for the regular 55 plus line , three lines currently in total.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S21 5G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Limeybastard View Post
    How does this change effect someone who is on the same plan but has the additional 3rd line currently for $20. We’re currently playing $90 for the regular 55 plus line , three lines currently in total.
    When I signed up for the plan in March 2020, only 2 lines were allowed at $70/month combined (fees and taxes included). There may have been an older version, but if so I don't have any details. I would imagine that a version offering a 3rd line is expired now and likely that a newer version would be required limiting the total # of lines to 2. Only way to be certain is talk to T-mobile customer support over the phone, online chat or at a retail location.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Serial Port View Post
    When I signed up for the plan in March 2020, only 2 lines were allowed at $70/month combined (fees and taxes included). There may have been an older version, but if so I don't have any details. I would imagine that a version offering a 3rd line is expired now and likely that a newer version would be required limiting the total # of lines to 2. Only way to be certain is talk to T-mobile customer support over the phone, online chat or at a retail location.
    The third line we added was via a text message offer that T-Mobile sent us. Otherwise it was the same criteria as before since we couldn’t add a third line unless we got that text message which a out a year or so into our plan we got.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Device(s)
    Galaxy S20 FE 5G (me), Galaxy S9+ (wife), Nexus 7 Tablet
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Smile

You folks are discussing an "older version" of the $70 two line 55+ plan.

Sorry, but you arrived too late to get the actual older version. I'm grandfathered into the T-Mobile ONE 55+ Unlimited plan and have been paying $60 (all inclusive) for two lines for at least the last two or three years.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S21 5G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Allow me to clarify, my Magenta 55+ plan is $80 for 2 lines before the $5 discount (x2 lines) for using autopay.