Thread: CDMA Boost Mobile

Device(s)
    iPhone XR, iPhone 6S, iPhone 5S, Samsung Galaxy Prevail
    Carrier(s)
    Teltik, netTTALK, Harbor Mobile (T), Boost Mobile, at&t, Cingular, T-Mobile, Voicestream, Sprint, Om
    Feedback Score

CDMA Boost Mobile

Are any online stores still selling the old network smartphones for boost mobile? If not I am thinking of switching that line to visible as the line was used in areas the t-mobile wouldn’t work so well. Any leads or ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S21 5G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I don't think any carriers in the US are activating CDMA phones any longer. Not sure what you would do with the phone if you were able to find one.
    Just another day in paradise.....

Device(s)
    Flip phone, Samsung J3 on Tello
    Carrier(s)
    Tello, H2O, Page Plus, Tmobile
    Feedback Score
    I just checked an old Samsung J337P on Boost's BYOD website and it liked it. Try your IMEI on it. If it's no, use it for GV house phone, etc.

Device(s)
    iPhone XR, iPhone 6S, iPhone 5S, Samsung Galaxy Prevail
    Carrier(s)
    Teltik, netTTALK, Harbor Mobile (T), Boost Mobile, at&t, Cingular, T-Mobile, Voicestream, Sprint, Om
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Serial Port View Post
    I don't think any carriers in the US are activating CDMA phones any longer. Not sure what you would do with the phone if you were able to find one.
    According to Boost Mobile sales support they are allowing you to switch phones but they are no longer selling the old phones... basically I’m pretty sure eventually they will offer a free upgrade path to t-mobile but there are certain areas with dead spots in t-mobile service where sprint service has superior service... it’s just a waiting game for t-mobile to integrate the network... and 5G be more readily available.

Carrier(s)
    Boost Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by magicski View Post
    According to Boost Mobile sales support they are allowing you to switch phones but they are no longer selling the old phones... basically I’m pretty sure eventually they will offer a free upgrade path to t-mobile but there are certain areas with dead spots in t-mobile service where sprint service has superior service... it’s just a waiting game for t-mobile to integrate the network... and 5G be more readily available.

Maybe you can swap CDMA to CDMA, but I just confirmed you can't swap GSM to CDMA. My wife broke her newish phone on the expanded network and tried to activate her old Boost CDMA and couldn't do the swap while we waited for a new phone to arrive.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S21 5G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by madaone1 View Post
    Maybe you can swap CDMA to CDMA, but I just confirmed you can't swap GSM to CDMA. My wife broke her newish phone on the expanded network and tried to activate her old Boost CDMA and couldn't do the swap while we waited for a new phone to arrive.
    That confirms what I said earlier. Thanks for posting your experience.