Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: TracFone Activation

Device(s)
    LY Stylo 2v
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score

TracFone Activation

How many has used this method on TracFone website to activate new device and transfer service from old phone? Did all your minutes, text and data transfer?

ARE YOU TRANSFERRING SERVICE FROM YOUR CURRENT TRACFONE DEVICE?
    To complete the Activation, you will need to:
    1. Enter your NEW phone's serial number or SIM card number, if you purchased one.
    2. Enter the phone number you are transferring.
    3. Enter the last four digits of your current Tracfone device's serial number or SIM card number.
    4. Setup your phone.

Feedback Score
    That's the only method of activation I have ever used with Tracfone since 2011. I have never had problems with balances not transferring. I would rather not get humans involved in the process, and just let the computer do it.

Device(s)
    LY Stylo 2v
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lg800g user View Post
    That's the only method of activation I have ever used with Tracfone since 2011. I have never had problems with balances not transferring. I would rather not get humans involved in the process, and just let the computer do it.
    Thank you and I agree about TF CS reps.
    Last time I activated a new phone thru TF CS chat they lost over 2000 of my minutes and wouldn't give them back even though I had the chat transcript showing what I had to transfer.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Immediately before doing the transfer-activation use chat to get a record of your remaining airtime. Then immediately do the transfer-activation so they cannot say you used the missing airtime.

Device(s)
    LY Stylo 2v
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    Immediately before doing the transfer-activation use chat to get a record of your remaining airtime. Then immediately do the transfer-activation so they cannot say you used the missing airtime.
    Ok...Thank you.

Device(s)
    LG phones, Motorola, ZTE, occasional Alcatel
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    It's bizarre they wouldn't give you the lost airtime despite it being validated in the chat.

It's why it is best to validate first by asking the CSR to check the balance before proceeding, so they can't accuse you of using it... But that's crazy that despite the proof they didn't restore it.

TracFone can be worth it because of the lower priced plans, and their phones aren't too bad. But those occasional glitches & issues can be a PITA.

Still, other cell services have occasional problems too, i don't really think there's service that is without those.

I hope it works in your favor and goes well.

Sent from my U307AS using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    LY Stylo 2v
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WheelieBoot View Post
    It's bizarre they wouldn't give you the lost airtime despite it being validated in the chat.

It's why it is best to validate first by asking the CSR to check the balance before proceeding, so they can't accuse you of using it... But that's crazy that despite the proof they didn't restore it.

TracFone can be worth it because of the lower priced plans, and their phones aren't too bad. But those occasional glitches & issues can be a PITA.

Still, other cell services have occasional problems too, i don't really think there's service that is without those.

I hope it works in your favor and goes well.

Sent from my U307AS using HoFo mobile app
    Thank you, fingers crossed it goes well.

Yes, others are a PITA for sure too. Hubby has Verizon pre-paid. Can't even call about anything unless your calling from the phone number associated with your account. Kinda hard to do if the phone your calling about got frozen cause you put your sim card in a phone you bought and thought it was unlocked, but turned out to be locked cause it wasn't paid off. Suffice to say we took the phone back to where we bought it from and told them they needed to do a better job of checking the IMEI's.
    Took me 6 hours of google searching cause I couldn't talk to a real person and chat was automated so it was useless. Finally got him a working phone again, but not his original phone, couldn't get it unfroze, had to give him one of my unlocked phones and buy a new sim. Thankfully I was able to do a phone upgrade on his account so he got to keep his phone number and not lose what money was in his account.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I just used the web site about 2 weeks ago to do transfer of service and it went very smoothly with no loss of my (considerable) balances. I was, however, just transferring from a Trac T-mobile sim to another Trac T-mobil sim which I believe is about the simplest kind of transfer to make.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NanaC View Post
    Thank you, fingers crossed it goes well.

Yes, others are a PITA for sure too. Hubby has Verizon pre-paid. Can't even call about anything unless your calling from the phone number associated with your account. Kinda hard to do if the phone your calling about got frozen cause you put your sim card in a phone you bought and thought it was unlocked, but turned out to be locked cause it wasn't paid off. Suffice to say we took the phone back to where we bought it from and told them they needed to do a better job of checking the IMEI's.
    Took me 6 hours of google searching cause I couldn't talk to a real person and chat was automated so it was useless. Finally got him a working phone again, but not his original phone, couldn't get it unfroze, had to give him one of my unlocked phones and buy a new sim. Thankfully I was able to do a phone upgrade on his account so he got to keep his phone number and not lose what money was in his account.
    Ouch! Makes one wonder how things will be after VZW takes control of Tracfone.

Device(s)
    LY Stylo 2v
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by arny56 View Post
    Ouch! Makes one wonder how things will be after VZW takes control of Tracfone.
    Exactly...TF CS isn't anything to brag about, but at least you can talk to a real person, plus chat isn't just automated.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by arny56 View Post
    Makes one wonder how things will be after VZW takes control of Tracfone.
    I hear AT&T is also going more online only, so it's not just VZW. The physical stores are often little help these days, and I saw in an article that VZW want's to shut theirs down. Gone are the days you bought a phone in a carrier store, and they set it all up for you right there. There are 3 VZW "Authorized Retailers" in my small city, all owned by the same company, and all miserable for service. The lone AT&T and T-Mobile stores here are not much better.

Yes, a big question what VZW will do with Tracfone CS. Online only without call or chat would totally suck!

Device(s)
    LG Q7+, LG Journey, LG Stylo 4+
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    I hear AT&T is also going more online only, so it's not just VZW. The physical stores are often little help these days, and I saw in an article that VZW want's to shut theirs down. Gone are the days you bought a phone in a carrier store, and they set it all up for you right there. There are 3 VZW "Authorized Retailers" in my small city, all owned by the same company, and all miserable for service. The lone AT&T and T-Mobile stores here are not much better.
    Speaking of physical phone stores....I started signing up with cell phone companies about a year ago to do their sign-up deals. I've signed up with AT&T (3 times), T-mobile (2 times), Sprint, Visible (3 times), Cricket, Metro PCS. With all those sign-ups, I only went to a local store (Sprint) one time and the service was miserable. I needed a couple of Sprint BYOP SIMs and didn't want to wait for them to be shipped. So I called the local Sprint store and asked if I could buy them there. "Sure, come in and we'll help you", said the rep who answered the phone. I went there and the reps were like a bunch of hungry car salesmen. They came out, shook my hand (before the pandemic), greeted me enthusiastically, blah blah...They tried to sell me some expensive phones and add-ons. Once I told them that I just wanted to buy some BYOD SIMs, they gave me the cold shoulder, tellling me that the SIMs were in short-supply and reserved only for customers who were buying a phone in the store. I left, went across the street to Best Buy and bought the SIMs off the display rack for a few dollars each.

Feedback Score
    NanaC let us know how the activation went and if you like the new phone.

Device(s)
    LY Stylo 2v
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kc classic View Post
    NanaC let us know how the activation went and if you like the new phone.
    Activation went well, no problems so far!

As for the phone...I like it. Fingerprint sensor is a little iffy, especially when you get outta the shower and finger is kinda wrinkly.

Got a Poetic case on it with a tempered glass screen protector. Not so happy with it, no bubbles on screen protector at all and I let it set overnight before I put case on. Put case on this morning and couple bubbles appeared on top corners. Guess the case is squeezing it. The Poetic case is very sturdy and I need that cause I'm a klutz so unless I can find something just as sturdy I'll have to live with it.

Love the battery life on the phone. Basically why I wanted the Moto G Power to begin with and it doesn't disappoint in that area.

Camera wasn't so hot compared to my LG V30 ThinQ, so I searched and found an apk for GCam. Really made a difference, now just as good as the LG camera, night shots are even better.

All in all it's the best TracFone I ever had.

Feedback Score
    Which version of apk for GCam did you use?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast