Thread: Kyocera Jax phone signal gone

Device(s)
    Kyocera Jax, iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    At&T, Boost
    Feedback Score

Kyocera Jax phone signal gone

Since at least 3/26. Chat noted that local cell tower was being upgraded for a better experience, however another location 10+ miles away also showed no signal. Have had this account (and simple 2g/3g phones) for ~20 years, but I guess they don't want this business anymore (minimal revenue as it is). With any luck I'll be able to transfer the number to a new Tracfone account with a basic 4G LG flip phone.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S21 5G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Towers are being upgraded to 4G and 5G technologies and older 2G and 3G (CDMA) are being replaced like used in your Kyocera. Unfortunately your phone is the older technology and you will need to upgrade your phone. It is nothing personal and you are not being singled out for no reason, your phone is a dinosaur.
    Just another day in paradise.....

Device(s)
    Kyocera Jax, iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    At&T, Boost
    Feedback Score
    I'm well aware of the reasons, though I am a bit put off for having the service terminated without notification and while I still have a balance on it. And I loved my dinosaur - unlike my iPhone, it weighs nothing and I had no worries about it being lost or damaged when out and about! Plus no constant updates, just super simplicity - there are times all I need is something to communicate with.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S21 5G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    It has been well known and circulated over many sources about the older network shutdowns. It is not like there have been warnings/notifications of shutdowns for several years. There are newer 4G flip phones currently sold on most carriers and some can be purchased for under $100.

BTW: it is not cost effective for your carrier to maintain and operate the older networks that are not as efficient as the newer 4G/5G networks. Even if you switch carriers, you will still need a new phone.

Device(s)
    Kyocera Jax, iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    At&T, Boost
    Feedback Score
    Yes, generic article warnings - but not directly from Boost to their customer. I was expecting a shutdown by early 2022, not now, and not without ANY direct communication from Boost. (And yes, I expect to have a new 4G LG flip phone today.)

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S21 5G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Anyhow, glad that you are upgrading your phone and best wishes to you.