Thread: Unlock cricket iPhone for at&t

Device(s)
    iPhone 12 Pro Max
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Unlock cricket iPhone for at&t

My wife has a cricket iPhone 12 which she just bought a few weeks ago, I recently got at&t which my job pays for and is willing to pay for her line too but not the phone, is there anyway I can port that phone to at&t before the 6 month period is up? Cricket locks phones for 6 months it says.

Carrier(s)
    Sprint/T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Locked to cricket for 6 months. They ain’t lying lol. Can look to see if you can find a 3rd party unlocking company to unlock it, but, iPhones aren’t cheap to unlock and very few can actually do it.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S21 5G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    At&t owns and operates Cricket Mobile. I am not certain, but I thought the plan can be migrated without having to worry about unlocking in that scenario. Would be an issue switching to Tracfone or Page Plus for example. Best suggestion is for the OP to confirm with At&t postpaid directly.
    Just another day in paradise.....

Carrier(s)
    Sprint/T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Serial Port View Post
    At&t owns and operates Cricket Mobile. I am not certain, but I thought the plan can be migrated without having to worry about unlocking in that scenario. Would be an issue switching to Tracfone or Page Plus for example. Best suggestion is for the OP to confirm with At&t postpaid directly.
    While they own cricket they don’t do this. They keep both brands separate and will not unlock a cricket device early to move to at&t. Cricket devices are locked directly to cricket for 6 months, they will allow you to request to unlock it at the 176th day, but you have to pay for 6 months of service on cricket to have them unlock the device, even if you want to use it on at&t. The one way the op could get them to unlock it for them early is if they are military and can show they are being deployed. They will unlock it early for that, otherwise it’s 6 months. The at&t unlock portal used to have a glitch where it would accept cricket devices and actually unlock them, but at&t has fixed this and cricket handles all their own unlocks now and are strict on the 6 month requirement. I agree, the op can try to contact cricket to see if they will do anything, but contacting at&t will be pointless, they will direct them to call cricket.

Device(s)
    iPhone 12 Pro Max
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, TMobile
    Feedback Score
    That's wild because it used to not be an issue to use a phone between those two carriers without unlocking

Device(s)
    iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone SE, Galaxy a10e
    Carrier(s)
    Boom Mobile, Mobi
    Feedback Score
    At least the last few years it was one way. You could use a locked ATT phone on Cricket. So it was different longer ago?
    iPhone 12 Pro is my current primary phone. Now using both eSIM and nano SIM. And also have a Galaxy a10e as a backup travel phone.

Carrier(s)
    Sprint/T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by kevink1 View Post
    At least the last few years it was one way. You could use a locked ATT phone on Cricket. So it was different longer ago?
    Can use an AT&T device on cricket, can’t use a cricket device on AT&T, and yep was always this way since AT&T bought leap (heck back in the AIO days you could use an AT&T device on AIO as well) AT&T will not unlock a cricket device early to switch to AT&T, I’ve never heard they even used to allow this, though, it was a lot easier to unlock a cricket device in the past. Their old unlock policy was 1 month of paying for an unlimited plan made the device eligible to be unlocked. You could even pay for the month pan, get the device unlocked, then switch right back to the lower tiered plan if you wished.

Device(s)
    iPhone 12 Pro Max
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Maybe ill try contacting cricket to see if they'll unlock it for AT&T, worth a shot i guess