Thread: Issues transferring number to a new provder

Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score

Issues transferring number to a new provder

Last year I transferred my number from Mint to At&t and it took less than an hour to be done. This year I am going from At&t to Verizon and 39 hours later still not done and no messages on the process. Isn't this process been streamlined by now?

Feedback Score
    I tried to port a number to Verizon. It is very cumbersome. The process to port your number is supposed to be easy. Just not with Verizon. You complain and nothing ever happens. No one can figure out why it is a problem with Verizon. You can bet people will give all sorts of reasons why Verizon can't get the job done in a reasonable time or within the porting rules for carriers. You'll see! I am going to read the porting rules myself to see what the problem is. Maybe it's the other carrier or it could be Verizon comparability - maybe something else. This problem should have been taken care of by now but, it hasn't.

Device(s)
    LG phones, Motorola, ZTE, occasional Alcatel
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    I haven't any experience porting AT&T to Verizon except within the TracFone brand, but that usually takes minutes or at very least hours. TF offers service using the major carriers.

Verizon bought or is buying TracFone and I wonder if there is some sort of rivalry issue involved between the companies.

It's hard to believe that VZ would be so unhelpful at porting someone in from a rival like AT&T. Porting away from VZ to AT&T I might expect it. They should be glad to have you as a new customer if they want to be #1.

I have heard that porting landline numbers can take forever but two cell phone numbers shouldn't take weeks.

Sent from my moto e6 (XT2005DL) using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    A71 5G, Pixel 3aXL/4a5G, Moto E6/G7 Power/Z3 Play/G6 Play
    Carrier(s)
    H2O, TMO, Xfinity, PagePlus, TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Maybe being the weekend has something to do with it. Also, Sunday being the Easter Holiday in many countries (where some CS is based).

Feedback Score
    Verizon bought or is buying TracFone and I wonder if there is some sort of rivalry issue involved between the companies.

It's hard to believe that VZ would be so unhelpful at porting someone in from a rival like AT&T. Porting away from VZ to AT&T I might expect it. They should be glad to have you as a new customer if they want to be #1.
    The change in ownership is scary. A guess is , customers who are using one of the Tracfone companies might be pushed into some problems. Eventually; at some point in time. What will happen to Page Plus Cellular company and its customers? One great advantage in using Page Plus Cellular is that it uses Verizon's networks, AND prices are much lower - this latter, being a big reason why some people become PPC customers.

Device(s)
    LG phones, Motorola, ZTE, occasional Alcatel
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    Because VZ is the underlying network for PPC they might preserve it in some format but I really doubt they'll deal too kindly with the subscribers when they're ready to really take over.

The sort of people who need a service like that are low end, low volume, for glove compartments and that sort of thing.

The revenues from low volume users still amounts to something or TF and other companies wouldn't have taken advantage of that market.

If VZ kills off the cheaper PayGo plans, the people aren't going to upgrade to something more expensive.

I'm hoping someone will realize how important the cheap services are and they'll provide PayGo if VZ quits with it. There's still Red Pocket and other similar services for TF people who have to bail out.
    Quote Originally Posted by joseg2016 View Post
    The change in ownership is scary. A guess is , customers who are using one of the Tracfone companies might be pushed into some problems. Eventually; at some point in time. What will happen to Page Plus Cellular company and its customers? One great advantage in using Page Plus Cellular is that it uses Verizon's networks, AND prices are much lower - this latter, being a big reason why some people become PPC customers.
    Sent from my moto e6 (XT2005DL) using HoFo mobile app