Thread: HSN Bundle - Phone to one TF line and minutes/airtime to another?

Feedback Score

HSN Bundle - Phone to one TF line and minutes/airtime to another?

Need to replace my wife's current TF-branded phone. Have a TF-branded phone/airtime package coming from HSN. She does a monthly unlimited, and has airtime extending out a bit, and the minutes and and airtime would be wasted. I have a TF-branded phone and generally add airtime and minutes as needed.

How would I go about activating the new phone onto her existing line while getting the airtime and minutes to my line?

Device(s)
    LG Q7+, LG Journey, LG Stylo 4+
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gilby View Post
    How would I go about activating the new phone onto her existing line while getting the airtime and minutes to my line?
    You have to activate the HSN phone with its original SIM to get the bundled days/minutes. To get the end results that you want, do these steps in the exact order:

1. Activate the HSN phone WITH A TRANSFER from your current phone. Everything (phone number, days, buckets) from your phone will be transferred to the HSN phone, then the bundled days/minutes will be added on top of that. Afterward, your current phone will be deactivated.

2. Wait a day or two (so the transactions will have different dates, easier for TF to sort out if things go wrong), TRANSFER everything from the HSN phone to your previous TF-branded phone. Afterward, the HSN phone will be deactivated.

3. Wait a day or two, TRANSFER everything from your wife's TF-branded phone to the HSN phone.

We recommend that you use Chat and let the rep do all the activation and transfers. Ask the rep at the start of the chat to give you the current balances of the phone. After everything is done, ask for a ticket number, then copy and save the chat transcript to a text file for record.

Some people might suggest swapping SIMs, but the SIM of a TF-branded phone is paired with its original phone's IMEI in TF system. SIM-swapping will cause problems that aren't worth any time you might save.

Feedback Score
    Thank you. That very clearly lays it out. That seemed like it should be the sequence when I was trying to figure it out, but I wasn't sure if I was missing something important as I couldn't find anything about that step of transferring back to a new phone with a different line.

Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    We recommend that you use Chat and let the rep do all the activation and transfers. Ask the rep at the start of the chat to give you the current balances of the phone. After everything is done, ask for a ticket number, then copy and save the chat transcript to a text file for record.
    Yes. I've transferred a line onto a new phone in the past using chat, and I have a script I've used that I put together based on one shared here.

Some people might suggest swapping SIMs, but the SIM of a TF-branded phone is paired with its original phone's IMEI in TF system. SIM-swapping will cause problems that aren't worth any time you might save.
    Good to know. This was one of the things I was unsure on, as I figured if I was overlooking something in the process it would probably involve something with the SIM cards.

Again, thank you.