Thread: H20 account editing question

Device(s)
    LG phones, Motorola, ZTE, occasional Alcatel
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score

H20 account editing question

I 've had several H20 numbers at different times.

Does anyone know how to remove the expired numbers on the old accounts so I can use the email addies with a new number?

The last time I tried to set up a new number, H20 would say that the email address was already in use so I had to use a different address and create a new account. I can find "add a new line" but no way to delete the old number.

Sent from my moto e6 (XT2005DL) using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S21 5G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I would have to guess that only customer service can help you with your question. Not likely that you can resolve it yourself.
    Just another day in paradise.....

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Serial Port View Post
    I would have to guess that only customer service can help you with your question. Not likely that you can resolve it yourself.
    I'll probably have to engage a chat CSR to attempt a meaningful conversation in real time.

The only option is to use another email account for the new SIM.

I emailed H20 yesterday while logged in but only got the form reply.

Sent from my moto e using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    I've had as many as four lines - currently two - under one h2o account/email address. Is that limited now? Or am I misunderstanding something.

Years ago, I had customer service remove one inactive line I ported out. Another line, I let expire, went away on its own in time.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thu1227 View Post
    I've had as many as four lines - currently two - under one h2o account/email address. Is that limited now? Or am I misunderstanding something.

Years ago, I had customer service remove one inactive line I ported out. Another line, I let expire, went away on its own in time.
    I saw under the number that expired that there was an option to add a line. It should offer an option to delete inactive numbers. Someone else must have that number now and hopefully the fact its showing in my account doesn't cause conflicts for them. I need to contact a CSR by chat to see if they can remove the old number.

Sent from my grunt using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    I just engaged a chat with a H20 CSR and they removed the expired number from my account. It was pretty easy and quick. They just asked for my account email and what the number was and within a few moments the old number was gone. I don't know why I didn't think to start a chat about it before since that's how I take care of my TracFone account issues. Much easier than calling the help desk.

My new SIM kit is supposed to arrive today or tomorrow. So is my eBay Red Pocket kit.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S21 5G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Glad to hear you got it taken care of. A lot easier than you thought it might be ??

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Serial Port View Post
    Glad to hear you got it taken care of. A lot easier than you thought it might be ??
    I haven't gotten the H20 SIM yet, supposed to be here today. Most likely afternoon. I've Activated on H20 a few times so hopefully this won't end up like RedPocket did yesterday, a neverending round of CSR chats lasting from about 3pm to 8 or 9pm.

I was thinking of porting my Assurance Wireless number to Google Voice, or to H20. I:ve never ported in or out of H20 before and I might be better off just getting a new number. It may not be a number I will like but if not I can always use my GV number instead. I like numbers that are easy to remember with repeating digits, zeroes, etc.

Sent from my moto e using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    I tried to post earlier but forgot I was using the phone that crashes the H20 app when I add an emoticon. Of course, I added it at the end of the post and didn't save the post. It crashed.

I got my H20 SIM today and activated it. I put it in my AT&T 4052R Smartflip. It activated super easy and fast online. My plan of choice is the 90 day paygo LTE for $10.

I won't try to recreate the post that crashed, but there are a few things I might point out for anyone who hasn't tried H20 paygo before.

The activation instructions come in a brochure and there's an ActFast code on the SIM card.

The instructions say to go to the activation page at the website and enter the ActFast code in the provided text field.

The instructions on the webpage say to enter the SIM number OR the ActFast code. I enter the code to make sure the plan funds are applied. I doubt if either way would make a difference but that's my way of doing it.

After the ActFast code is entered, it verifies the SIM number by displaying it.

When you choose to get a new number rather than port, they ask for the area code you want to activate in, and they offer a choice of towns from a drop down list. I don't know why they don't offer a list of zip codes instead. Anyway my town isn't on the list but a nearby smaller town is so I chose it.

After the ActFast verification and choice of area code/town, it is usually pretty fast to activate. I already had an account with H20 so didn't have to create one.

An email came through saying what the new number was and how to check the balance to make sure it was properly credited.

The code they give for checking the balance resembles an AT&T code. The code instructions in the brochure say "text *777*1# from your H20 phone to get your data balance and expiration."

I had the code on my phone's contact list already from my last H20 activation. It's *777# on my phone contacts list and I choose it and press CALL. I treat it as a call, not a text. I've never texted to get the balance.

The reply comes back fairly fast, giving the funds in dollars USD, $10.00 USD in my case.

If you have trouble with the code in the brochure, try calling the one I listed.

After sending texts I get balance updates. I like knowing what the remaining balance is after each transaction. It might annoy some people if they send and receive lots of texts. That's an old AT&T prepaid feature. In the old days TracFone used to send balance updates each transaction too, and also I think Virgin Mobile.

After activation, H20 sends a message to the phone saying they'll be sending an update to it. It may take a while to come through.

My flips usually update ok, but if I put the SIM in a smartphone it usually doesn't update the settings. The APNs can be manually edited if a person knows how. I think there's a page for that at the H20 site. H20wireless.com/simconfig is the link they give in the brochure.

If I remove the SIM to put in another phone it usually says it's going to send updates to the other phone, although if it's a smartphone it usually never sends the update. When I put the SIM back in the activation phone, it sends the update notice again.

My flip has WiFi so I set mobile data to off to try to save leakage, but I did it after the updates came through.

I rarely if ever send or receive MMS messages on my H20 phones because of the cost of data. I think it's 10¢ per MMS and the data besides. I tested sending or receiving and it's usually like 50¢ per item, so forget that. But I like having a flip for quick short occasional calls. I usually don't text on the plan, just keep it for backup.

The last H20 number expired because the website wouldn't process my card. It was late at night and not long til expiration when I tried to buy a PIN. They rejected my card security code even though I had the card in front of me. It was too late to go to the corner market to buy a PIN, so I let the number go.

Despite that I came back. I like the simplicity of H20 paygo plans even if they aren't the cheapest for $10. Page Plus Cellular offers 120 days for that price. But PPC is on Verizon, it is a member of the American Móvil family TracFone is a part of. I'm not sure what VZ is going to do with the sister brands once it takes over. As an AT&T MVNO I hope H20 is around awhile.

The Red Pocket eBay plans like I activated yesterday, a GSMT SIM on T-Mobile offers much more for $30/year, so there are more affordable things out there that offer a better overall value. Their AT&T based Red Pocket eBay plan is $60/year but I decided to try the T-mo based one because it offered more for less money.

I realize I'm anile about the details, but I posted my experience with activation in case anyone needed the info to make a decision.

If so, I hope it ends up being a good choice for their needs.

My Red Pocket activation details were posted elsewhere in the forum. That one wasn't an easy one "myeasyactivation" NOT. It was probably my fault though due to dufus mistakes I made.

For someone who needs more than the $10 paygo plan here, the eBay Red Pocket annual plans might be a good choice.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    I don't always like the random numbers I get with activations so I bought a number I like from Number Barn for $5. It costs $2/month to park it until I can port it.

I've ordered another H20 SIM kit to port it to. I may leave it on H20 but I will probably try to port it to GV.

The Number Barn numbers are wireline/landline and GV won't port those in, they have to port first to cellular.

It seems sort of a hassle to pay to port through these workarounds but a really memorable number with repeating digits is so much easier than a random one I have a hard time remembering.

Sent from my moto e5 (XT1920DL) using HoFo mobile app