Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile US
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Verizon’s ‘fastest 5G’ claim stands up in NAD ruling

Name:  IMG_0063.JPG
Views: 90
Size:  57.8 KB

Verizon can continue using the slogan “fastest 5G in the world” in TV commercials, but it needs to make clear that it only pertains to its millimeter wave (mmWave) network, according to the National Advertising Division (NAD) of BBB National Programs.

NAD issued its decision after AT&T complained that Verizon’s “fastest 5G in the world” statement is misleading because in reality, virtually no consumer will experience that speed due to the poor coverage. Last year, reports pegged Verizon’s mmWave 5G at just 0.5% availability, meaning that 99.5% of the time, Verizon subscribers were not in a location where they could access the mmWave service.

https://www.fiercewireless.com/opera...-up-nad-ruling

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    Name:  IMG_0063.JPG
Views: 90
Size:  57.8 KB

Verizon can continue using the slogan “fastest 5G in the world” in TV commercials, but it needs to make clear that it only pertains to its millimeter wave (mmWave) network, according to the National Advertising Division (NAD) of BBB National Programs.

NAD issued its decision after AT&T complained that Verizon’s “fastest 5G in the world” statement is misleading because in reality, virtually no consumer will experience that speed due to the poor coverage. Last year, reports pegged Verizon’s mmWave 5G at just 0.5% availability, meaning that 99.5% of the time, Verizon subscribers were not in a location where they could access the mmWave service.

https://www.fiercewireless.com/opera...-up-nad-ruling
    I'm tired of Verizon and T-Mobile both flogging 5G like it ths only thing that matters. It will be important in the future. As of now, it is a distinction without a difference.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    I'm tired of Verizon and T-Mobile both flogging 5G like it ths only thing that matters. It will be important in the future. As of now, it is a distinction without a difference.
    Yep, many have not seen much performance gains from "Nation wide" 5G compared to 4G LTE. You have to go to the urban/suburban areas here to see any mmWave 5G on any carrier. I wish Verizon would fix their deteriorating LTE service here instead of wasting time with 5G.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    Yep, many have not seen much performance gains from "Nation wide" 5G compared to 4G LTE. You have to go to the urban/suburban areas here to see any mmWave 5G on any carrier. I wish Verizon would fix their deteriorating LTE service here instead of wasting time with 5G.
    If you have issues with their services just switch

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Checker79 View Post
    If you have issues with their services just switch
    Nothing to switch to around here. AT&T coverage is mediocre and T-Mobile is dismal outside the towns. This hilly and forested area does not like the higher frequency bands like B4/B66. Those who have lived in this area for a while are mostly using Verizon.