Thread: Prpaid: Can't add number to MyVerizon/Swap Service

Feedback Score

Prpaid: Can't add number to MyVerizon/Swap Service

Switched to Verizon Prepaid last week, ported a number from Tracfone over to Verizon.

Have a issue when I try to add my number to my MyVerizon account it says that the number has already been added to a account. Strange, I just created a MyVerizon account and have never used this number on Verizon. How can I fix this? I tried to chat with Verizon but when I login it says that I don't have permission.

Second Question: I bought a used Verizon Sonim flip phone. Wanted to know if I all I have to do is swap the SIM card to the Sonim phone or do I have to call Verizon..

Thanks For Your Help

Device(s)
    Pixel2 XL iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    VZW prepaid, Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hippieelmo12 View Post
    Switched to Verizon Prepaid last week, ported a number from Tracfone over to Verizon.
    How exactly did you port your Tracfone number over? Did you do it from within the MyVerizon account you "just created?" If not, you will need to register a new MyVerizon account using the 10-digit number you ported over.

Quote Originally Posted by hippieelmo12
    Second Question: I bought a used Verizon Sonim flip phone. Wanted to know if I all I have to do is swap the SIM card to the Sonim phone or do I have to call Verizon..
    What phone/carrier is the SIM card coming from?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by taoman View Post
    How exactly did you port your Tracfone number over? Did you do it from within the MyVerizon account you "just created?" If not, you will need to register a new MyVerizon account using the 10-digit number you ported over.

What phone/carrier is the SIM card coming from?

I ported my Tracfone number to Verizon by calling Verizon and they did it all over the phone. I went to setup a MyVerizon account and then when I tried to add my cell number to my MyVerizon account I get the error that the number is already associated with another MyVerizon account.

Last night I removed the SIM card from my 3Talk Verizon phone and put it into the Sonim phone and the phone works. Only issue is that the voice mail icon doesn't show up when I have a voice mail. I get strange txt messages from Verizon after I get a voice mail. They appear to be something to do with visual voice mail looking into how I can fix this as well.

Feedback Score
    ...................... I get strange txt messages from Verizon after I get a voice mail. They appear to be something to do with visual voice mail looking into how I can fix this as well.
    Your Sonim flip likely doesn't support VVM. Phones now are provisioned as VVM. You can see if Verizon can provision you for Basic Voice Mail. Some CSRs know how to do it. That's the only fix. If they can't or won't re-provision it you'll just have to live with getting that strange text as your indication you have voice mail on that phone.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    Your Sonim flip likely doesn't support VVM. Phones now are provisioned as VVM. You can see if Verizon can provision you for Basic Voice Mail. Some CSRs know how to do it. That's the only fix. If they can't or won't re-provision it you'll just have to live with getting that strange text as your indication you have voice mail on that phone.

Thanks for your help! It only took 2 calls to Verizon tech support and on the 2nd call the rep was able to provision my account for basic voice mail. Works great Now!!

On the same call the rep was able to fix the MyVerizon issue. Found that my number was locked for some reason, she unlocked it and I was able to add it to my MyVerizon account.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for your help! It only took 2 calls to Verizon tech support and on the 2nd call the rep was able to provision my account for basic voice mail. Works great Now!!

On the same call the rep was able to fix the MyVerizon issue. Found that my number was locked for some reason, she unlocked it and I was able to add it to my MyVerizon account.
    Good to hear. Whether one of the big 3 or an MVNO it's always playing the lottery and getting the right rep. I never stop with one rep unless the issue is resolved.
    One heads up though when re-provsioning to Basic VM. Sometime on Vzw/Mvno's when your service renews, the feature could revert back to VVM. Don't know how Vzw direct will react. I had a flip on a Vzw/Mvno. I just lived with the weird text as my notice I had a VM.

Feedback Score
    Good to know. If it goes back to VVM I guess I will try again, to go back to basic VM. Took a few times for the rep. to accept that the phone is a basic phone, even through they still sale it on the Verizon site.