Thread: New Moto G7 Power vs Moto G Power 2020

Device(s)
    LY Stylo 2v
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score

New Moto G7 Power vs Moto G Power 2020

What's your thoughts?

I have the Moto G Power 2020 and I'm not impressed. I've went back to my LG V30 ThinQ which I love, but the battery is going.

Is a brand new Moto G7 Power better than the Moto G Power or should I just look for a newer LG?

Device(s)
    Moto G Stylus, Moto E4 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Liberty Wireless, FreedomPop, Red Pocket (AT&T & Verizon)
    Feedback Score
    The G7 Power is one generation older than your G Power 2020. Are you referring to the G Power 2021?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NanaC View Post
    What's your thoughts?

I have the Moto G Power 2020 and I'm not impressed. I've went back to my LG V30 ThinQ which I love, but the battery is going.

Is a brand new Moto G7 Power better than the Moto G Power or should I just look for a newer LG?
    Without going into the details of the specs, there is not much difference.

I have the G7 Power and like it for what it is for what it cost.

What don't you like about the G Power?

Feedback Score
    What's your thoughts?

What specifications do you demand? Which of these Motos best fit the desired or demanded specifications?

Feedback Score
    (If it were me, I would look for something 32 GB of storage, prices up to $150, and at least 5.5 inch screen, and ideally a removable battery).

Device(s)
    LY Stylo 2v
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Rules View Post
    The G7 Power is one generation older than your G Power 2020. Are you referring to the G Power 2021?
    I have the Moto G Power 2020. Found a new unopend G7 Power thinking about getting. Wondering if its better than the G Power 2020.

Device(s)
    LY Stylo 2v
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    Without going into the details of the specs, there is not much difference.

I have the G7 Power and like it for what it is for what it cost.

What don't you like about the G Power?
    The G Power seems to be slower than my LG V30 ThinQ and I've used it for 2 years. My husband has a Moto E6 and its even faster than the G Power. Thats one reason I got the G Power, figure his cheap Moto E6 was fast and the G Power would be too. Sadly I was wrong.

Device(s)
    LY Stylo 2v
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by joseg2016 View Post
    What specifications do you demand? Which of these Motos best fit the desired or demanded specifications?
    The G Power fits the specs I'm wanting, 4gb ram, 64gb storage, but it still isn't as fast as my old LG V30 ThinQ. I know I'm comparing a cheap Moto to a mid range LG, but I've used the LG for 2 years and it still respond quicker and it was a refurb when I got it.

Device(s)
    LY Stylo 2v
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by joseg2016 View Post
    (If it were me, I would look for something 32 GB of storage, prices up to $150, and at least 5.5 inch screen, and ideally a removable battery).
    Would love a removeable battery, but I like a 6" or bigger phone and haven't found one with it. Really prefer 4gb ram and 64gb or higher storage.

I was checking out the Moto G7 Power even though its just 3gb ram andv32gb storage cause a friend has one that he's been using for over a year and it responds quicker than my new Moto G Power 2020.

Feedback Score
    The G Power seems to be slower than my LG V30 ThinQ and I've used it for 2 years. My husband has a Moto E6 and its even faster than the G Power. Thats one reason I got the G Power, figure his cheap Moto E6 was fast and the G Power would be too. Sadly I was wrong.
    That seems odd. I have been using an E6 as my daily phone since January. My perception is that my G7 Power is noticeably faster. Neither are speed demons, but are adequate for me for what I paid for them.

Device(s)
    LY Stylo 2v
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    That seems odd. I have been using an E6 as my daily phone since January. My perception is that my G7 Power is noticeably faster. Neither are speed demons, but are adequate for me for what I paid for them.
    I may give the G7 Power a try. Maybe my expectations are just too high for a cheap phone.

Feedback Score
    I know these may be more expensive than you want to spend but have you considered the Pixel 4a or Pixel 4a 5G? The 4a is likely smaller than you want and the price on the 5G is high but the screen is bigger. I've read a lot of good things about them. I've seen "mint" 4a's go for as low as $250 on Swappa, and 4a 5G listed at $370. Still kind of high but may give you the experience you're looking for.

I myself have been looking at the Moto G Power 2020 & Moto G Stylus...but I always get drawn back to the Pixels. I don't need a phone in the immediate future so I have time to play the waiting game for prices to drop (hopefully).

P.S. In regards to the Pixels, I am referring to the unlocked for all carriers models.
    Last edited by mn1968; 04-16-2021 at 10:31 AM.

Device(s)
    LY Stylo 2v
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mn1968 View Post
    I know these may be more expensive than you want to spend but have you considered the Pixel 4a or Pixel 4a 5G? The 4a is likely smaller than you want and the price on the 5G is high but the screen is bigger. I've read a lot of good things about them. I've seen "mint" 4a's go for as low as $250 on Swappa, and 4a 5G listed at $370. Still kind of high but may give you the experience you're looking for.

I myself have been looking at the Moto G Power 2020 & Moto G Stylus...but I always get drawn back to the Pixels. I don't need a phone in the immediate future so I have time to play the waiting game for prices to drop (hopefully).

P.S. I'm regards to the Pixels, I am referring to the unlocked for all carriers models.
    Thank you, I'll check it out.