Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: TF Moto G Power 2020 (XT2041DL) vs Moto G Stylus 2021 (XT2115DL)

Device(s)
    LG Q7+, LG Journey, LG Stylo 4+
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score

TF Moto G Power 2020 (XT2041DL) vs Moto G Stylus 2021 (XT2115DL)

I'm thinking about redeeming some reward points to get either the Moto G Power for $149.99 or the Moto G Stylus for $199.99. Either one is too big to carry, so I just want to use it as a media device. Does anyone have experience, pro/con opinions about either one? I don't really use the Stylus function.

Device(s)
    Moto G Stylus, Moto E4 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Liberty Wireless, FreedomPop, Red Pocket (AT&T & Verizon)
    Feedback Score
    I would go with the 2020 Moto G Power over the 2021 Stylus for a few reasons;

-Only 1 speaker on the Stylus (No Stereo)
    -Brighter screen on the Power, even thought it is a bit smaller
    -Larger battery in the Power (5000 vs 4000 mah)

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for your input. I redeemed 20,000 points for a $300 discount code and used it to buy a Moto G Power and a Samsung A21, along with a $15 time card. Paid $16.93 with tax.

Device(s)
    LG phones, Motorola, ZTE, occasional Alcatel
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    Thanks for your input. I redeemed 20,000 points for a $300 discount code and used it to buy a Moto G Power and a Samsung A21, along with a $15 time card. Paid $16.93 with tax.
    Ohmylord. That's a discount.

Sent from my moto e5 (XT1920DL) using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    I'm thinking about redeeming some reward points to get either the Moto G Power for $149.99 or the Moto G Stylus for $199.99. Either one is too big to carry, so I just want to use it as a media device. Does anyone have experience, pro/con opinions about either one? I don't really use the Stylus function.
    I moved all my phones to TF G power (2*$119) and Stylus from BB ($199+Tx unlocked) , and retired my Apples which needed to recharge daily.
    I am not very impressed with Stylus... but I like G Power which can stay charged for a week.
    Nowadays Motorola updates very often.

I usually leave 1 or 2 in the car, and never carry any.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by meetoo88 View Post
    Nowadays Motorola updates very often.
    My TF-branded Moto G Power (2020) got updated to Android 11 two days ago.

Feedback Score
    Yes. Think about using a bag or a pouch with maybe "lanyard" attached and loop this with the device/smartphone in it over your neck. Where you find these pouches or bags, I do not know. I was given mine from a convention many long years ago. There were no smartphones back then.

I not try to go off-topic. Only commenting on the size of the devices and how they may or may not fit in normal shirt or pantalon pockets. Any Moto whatever which you may like and can afford, pick whatever size you can accept. If too large, then an external or supplementary pocket such as I described might be an accessory to use.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Rules View Post
    I would go with the 2020 Moto G Power over the 2021 Stylus for a few reasons;

-Only 1 speaker on the Stylus (No Stereo)
    -Brighter screen on the Power, even thought it is a bit smaller
    -Larger battery in the Power (5000 vs 4000 mah)
    I rarely stream video on a phone, but watching a basketball game on the G Power right now. The stereo effect is amazing for such tiny speakers.
    I'm still somewhat interested in the G Stylus 2021 because it's a year newer release and I've got points.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by joseg2016 View Post
    Think about using a bag or a pouch with maybe "lanyard" attached and loop this with the device/smartphone in it over your neck.
    No, thanks. I'm not "geek" enough to model that fashion. Wearing an ID badge around my neck during my working years was bad enough.

Feedback Score
    OT. I have the Moto G Stylus 2020 with Stereo Speakers. Once every couple months when playing media the ear piece speaker is silent.

The Fix:
    I got this solution from Reddit it's for a G Power but it worked on my Moto G Stylus 2020.

"...my G Power wasn't as loud as normal, and noticed it's only playing audio from the bottom speaker. The top still works as I can make calls normally..."

Solution from Reddit DrFatz: "I actually found a solution via Google search. Reseting the wifi and Bluetooth in Settings then rebooting the phone helped. I'll see if it's a permanent solution here soon."
    I will be Judged on how I helped the poor, sick & others in need; strangers & loved ones alike.

Visible (Verizon) UTT & Unlimited Data $25/mo
    Liberty Wireless (T-Mobile) UTT 07.26.21
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.05.22
    Truphone (AT&T) every 180 days by 07.04.21

Feedback Score
    No, thanks. I'm not "geek" enough to model that fashion. Wearing an ID badge around my neck during my working years was bad enough.
    I know somewhat, at least, what you mean. Someone, customer in a retail store upon seeing me, asked where some kind of temperature control container or heater/cooler was to be found. I do not work there. I was just a customer, too. When the person saw the solid coloring I was wearing and saw some pouch holder around my neck and I put my device into it, I must've appeared as if I worked there.

One could do very well with almost any of the Motorola Motos E or G kind. If big but still fit in a pocket (pants, shirt, coat), great. If too big for your wearable slots, well, plan what you can.

Device(s)
    Moto G Stylus, Moto E4 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Liberty Wireless, FreedomPop, Red Pocket (AT&T & Verizon)
    Feedback Score
    Do you notice much difference since the update? I'm hesitant to take the plunge since everything is now working well.
    My TF-branded Moto G Power (2020) got updated to Android 11 two days ago.
    Sent from my moto g stylus using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Rules View Post
    Do you notice much difference since the update? I'm hesitant to take the plunge since everything is now working well.
    I didn't do much testing to see what the differences are. Besides the Security Patch and Google Play being more current, one thing I noticed is that I used to be able to take a screenshot by holding down the Power key alone then select Take a Screenshot, but now it no longer does that.

Name:  Moto-G-Software-Level-2021-05-09.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  20.5 KB

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I didn't do much testing to see what the differences are. Besides the Security Patch and Google Play being more current, one thing I noticed is that I used to be able to take a screenshot by holding down the Power key alone then select Take a Screenshot, but now it no longer does that.

Name:  Moto-G-Software-Level-2021-05-09.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  20.5 KB
    3 finger tap and hold works nicely for taking a screenshot. It may need to be turned on in settings, I forget if it's on by default.

I haven't noticed much of an overall change with the update to 11.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosaic55 View Post
    3 finger tap and hold works nicely for taking a screenshot.
    Yeah, I saw a tip about that and started using it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast