Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Results 46 to 55 of 55

Thread: It almost seems like AT&T is walking off the field. -- T-Mobile likely to hold onto fast 5G lead

  1. #46
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Greater Los Angeles
    Posts
    10,766
    Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile US
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Theghostlad82 View Post
    This is what T-Mobile is banking on, but, so far their endeavors into trying to cut into AT&T and Verizons corporate stranglehold has been a flop. Trying to ignore that coverage gaps are an issue for them in this regard is making excuses instead of fixing the problem. I'd rather have them fix the issue, instead of making excuses as to why it's not a big deal. Again, obviously to a lot of governments and companies, it is. If their goal is to be a consumer driven product, and not invest to much into corporate or government accounts then fine, I agree, don't worry too much about those gaps. I don't get the impression though this is their goal and they have been trying to take some at&t and verizons corporate market share, without much success. Excuses are great, anyone can come up with them, fixing what people complain about is better though, and the number 1 complaint about tmobile is still coverage gaps.
    I do work indirectly in the industry and I see/notice corporate buy trends like others do. Its what I do.

    I run into IT Directors and decision makers all the time and unless Im dealing with first responder organizations who serve communities of 1k in a remote area Im just not hearing the concerns mentioned in your comment.

    But I do respect your opinion and Ill leave it at that.




    Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    The Internet wasnt meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so its insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead its a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text. John Legere 1/5/2017

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    Charlotte
    Posts
    102
    Device(s)
    iPhone 12 Pro Max
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    I do work indirectly in the industry and I see/notice corporate buy trends like others do. It’s what I do.

    I run into IT Director’s and decision makers all the time and unless I’m dealing with first responder organizations who serve communities of 1k in a remote area I’m just not hearing the concerns mentioned in your comment.

    But I do respect your opinion and I’ll leave it at that.




    Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    Verizon and AT&T combined have over 91% of business market share. That’s a quote from T-Mobile directly. Corporate decision makers see through T-Mobile’s BS. T-Mobile’s target demographic is budget conscious consumers. They’re never going to be able to compete with the big 2 for business or government accounts. Coverage matters.

    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.for...ss-market/amp/

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    692
    Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by DMac704 View Post
    Verizon and AT&T combined have over 91% of business market share. Thats a quote from T-Mobile directly. Corporate decision makers see through T-Mobiles BS. T-Mobiles target demographic is budget conscious consumers. Theyre never going to be able to compete with the big 2 for business or government accounts. Coverage matters.

    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.for...ss-market/amp/
    Also in the business world it isnt always 100% of the time about money. If a business is currently using Verizon or AT&T (or even t-Mobile) and they are not having any issues or complaints from the employees or customers then they are unlikely to switch providers. Even if it is cheaper. In my past job I was often involved in contract/bids and we didnt always take the lowest bid if it didnt meet our needs or if we were happy with our current supplier.



    Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Greater Los Angeles
    Posts
    10,766
    Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile US
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeInPa View Post
    Also in the business world it isnt always 100% of the time about money. If a business is currently using Verizon or AT&T (or even t-Mobile) and they are not having any issues or complaints from the employees or customers then they are unlikely to switch providers. Even if it is cheaper. In my past job I was often involved in contract/bids and we didnt always take the lowest bid if it didnt meet our needs or if we were happy with our current supplier.



    Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    I get 20-30 RFPs each week all from businesses looking to save $$$ on their telco expenditures.

    Sometimes I negotiate with their existing provider but always give them a competing bid.

    It may be regional. Im in SoCal and business is better than Ive seen it in over a decade. I get requests from mom and pop businesses looking to power their mobile Point of Sale architecture to multi-national corporations trying to cut the fat.

    The industry behind the scenes is hot. The carriers are offering some clients free equipment, yearly upgrades, free service for 6 months etc.




    Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    692
    Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    I get 20-30 RFPs each week all from businesses looking to save $$$ on their telco expenditures.

    Sometimes I negotiate with their existing provider but always give them a competing bid.

    It may be regional. Im in SoCal and business is better than Ive seen it in over a decade. I get requests from mom and pop businesses looking to power their mobile Point of Sale architecture to multi-national corporations trying to cut the fat.

    The industry behind the scenes is hot. The carriers are offering some clients free equipment, yearly upgrades, free service for 6 months etc.




    Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    I wasnt disagreeing that companies dont ever try and shop around to save money. I would imagine every carrier offers different perks to companies that the average customer knows nothing about.

    All I was saying is that sometimes its not always about money. A lot of companies do look for ways to trim the fat but a lot of companies also have the if it aint broke dont fix it mentality.



    Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    692
    Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    I get 20-30 RFPs each week all from businesses looking to save $$$ on their telco expenditures.

    Sometimes I negotiate with their existing provider but always give them a competing bid.

    It may be regional. Im in SoCal and business is better than Ive seen it in over a decade. I get requests from mom and pop businesses looking to power their mobile Point of Sale architecture to multi-national corporations trying to cut the fat.

    The industry behind the scenes is hot. The carriers are offering some clients free equipment, yearly upgrades, free service for 6 months etc.

    Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    Also just to add my background is in the medical field, not the technology/communication industry. Most of the time when we sent out of a RFP it was due to a system or product not meeting our needs or to implement a new process/product. Im not saying it never happens but the majority of the RFPs were to fix or implement something and not driven by cost savings.

    I guess its similar to viewing posts on here. Most of the people on here talk about switching carriers due to a speed, coverage issue, or another carrier has a better plan or perks to meet their needs. Some people do switch for cost saving measures but most people switch carriers for other reasons.



    Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    311
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint/T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    I do work indirectly in the industry and I see/notice corporate buy trends like others do. Its what I do.

    I run into IT Directors and decision makers all the time and unless Im dealing with first responder organizations who serve communities of 1k in a remote area Im just not hearing the concerns mentioned in your comment.

    But I do respect your opinion and Ill leave it at that.




    Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    Since you work in the industry and work with decision makers all the time, you then know that tmobile just isn't an option for most corporations, by T-Mobiles own account over 90% of them. As I said, excuses are awesome as to why something's "just aren't their fault", but, I would rather have them fix their issues, then give excuses as to why it's like that. Coverage gaps are still the number 1 complaint against tmobile, as I said. Where you are correct is it's not 100% coverage that keeps them away, some smaller businesses and government agencies don't need the extra coverage, instead it's redundancies that they have an issue with, or lack of I should say, or T-Mobiles history of data breach issues.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Greater Los Angeles
    Posts
    10,766
    Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile US
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeInPa View Post
    Also just to add my background is in the medical field, not the technology/communication industry. Most of the time when we sent out of a RFP it was due to a system or product not meeting our needs or to implement a new process/product. Im not saying it never happens but the majority of the RFPs were to fix or implement something and not driven by cost savings.

    I guess its similar to viewing posts on here. Most of the people on here talk about switching carriers due to a speed, coverage issue, or another carrier has a better plan or perks to meet their needs. Some people do switch for cost saving measures but most people switch carriers for other reasons.



    Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    You make great points!

    My background is in Service so we cater to companies who need the entire gannet of support from helpdesk to billing as opposed to break fix and that might be why we see things from alternative perspectives.

    Appreciate the insight.


    Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    17
    Feedback Score
    0
    Here in the rural area of the upstate in SC, Tmo was ok, decent coverage and lousy data speeds in most areas not all. You might get 5 to 10 down and 1-2 up with a decent db signal. Switched back to At&t and they blow Tmo out of the water, in signal and data speeds. You get what you pay for.

    Sent from my SM-G996U1 using HoFo mobile app

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles/Canada
    Posts
    12,317
    Device(s)
    One Plus 8 (T-Mobile), Samsung S10e (AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    You make great points!

    My background is in Service so we cater to companies who need the entire gannet of support from helpdesk to billing as opposed to break fix and that might be why we see things from alternative perspectives.

    Appreciate the insight.


    Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    Ive worked for (and still do) for some large corp companies where most employees are required to have a wireless smart phone, and the company pays for the service. Employee gets to pick device and pay a subsidized amount (eg. Samsung S10e was free - taxes only). We also get to pick the carrier. Until recently, it was At&t, Verizon and Sprint. Many picked Verizon. And At&t is the "preferred" carrier. Sprint has changed to Tmobile, but I doubt anyone will "switch" unless required.
    Most won't pick Sprint/Tmobile, as many (including myself) don't have that much faith in Tmobile outside of urban areas.

    Sent from my IN2017 using HoFo mobile app
    AT&T... your world, throttled.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Similar Threads

  1. AT&T Telenav is now in the app store
    By Donnation in forum iOS Apps
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-02-2009, 10:55 AM
  2. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-19-2008, 07:18 AM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-02-2008, 12:04 PM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-20-2003, 02:39 PM
  5. Verizon Billing is strange it almost seems they are overcharging
    By richhill963 in forum Verizon Wireless
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-05-2003, 11:07 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks