Thread: Need suggestions on Tracfone Rewards phone with the best camera

Feedback Score

Need suggestions on Tracfone Rewards phone with the best camera

So with the Rewards points becoming available for buying phones, I'm looking to get a phone with the best camera.

Should I just look at the megapixel values and decide which phone has the best camera? Do higher values mean that it's a better camera, or are there other things that make a camera better/worse?

I have never used an iPhone but I've heard they have good cameras. Should I just go with an iPhone?

Please share any experiences you have with the phones that can be bought using Rewards points.

Thank you for any and all help!

Edit - I mean please suggest a phone with the best rear/main camera (not selfie camera), and the phone that makes the best videotapes. Thx.

Device(s)
    LG Q7+, LG Journey, LG Stylo 4+
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sillyette View Post
    Should I just look at the megapixel values and decide which phone has the best camera? Do higher values mean that it's a better camera, or are there other things that make a camera better/worse.

I have never used an iPhone but I've heard they have good cameras. Should I just go with an iPhone?
    Megapixel value is not the only factor that determines a good camera. Other factors are the size of the "plate" where the picture is recorded on, the lens "speed" (quoted as f/n.n, which n.n is a number. The lower the number, the "faster" the lens, meaning it does better in low-light condition), how the camera's software processes the image and colors, etc. I don't know anything about iPhones, but among Android phones Samsung phones have a reputation for taking good pictures.

Whichever phone you're considering, look it up on www.gsmarena.com . If they have full review of that phone, there's a complete section about its camera specs and test photos. For example, here's their Review of the Samsung A50 . They have a "Compare" option where you can select up to 3 phones for side-by-side comparison of their specs.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    iPhone. I think the XR may be rated a little bit better than the SE2, but the SE 2 camera is great.

If you want to see samples, look on reddit. R/iphonese2, r/iphonexr, and r/iphoneography. Lots of people post pics in those reddits, although iphoneography is skewed towards the newer high-end phones, but there's still an occasional SE or XR pic there.

Feedback Score
    Thank you for the replies, please keep them coming!

Is iPhone SE 2 the "iPhone 7 Black", or the "NEW iPhone SE 64GB - BLACK"?

TIA.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Thank you for the replies, please keep them coming!

Is iPhone SE 2 the "iPhone 7 Black", or the "NEW iPhone SE 64GB - BLACK"?

TIA.
    The SE 2 is "new iphone SE 64gb". Black, red, and white were all in stock when I looked earlier.

Device(s)
    LG 290C
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    For what options are available right now in the store, I would certainly go for the iPhone SE. If the iPhone 11 were in stock, and IF you could stack the codes, and IF you had enough points, I’d point you to that one since it has the ultra wide, as well. But really, the SE takes excellent photos and superb video and it only takes one $200 code.

While some of the Android options have higher megapixels, they are still budget Androids, and just won’t have the hardware and software refinement of the iPhone.

Device(s)
    Pixel 3 & 3a, iPhone SE (2020)
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Did you buy your phone yet? If so, which did you get and how do you like it?

If I'm not too late then I'd like to add...

The iPhone SE 2 or XR should be good... but you may also want to consider the Samsung Galaxy A51. It has an ultra-wide camera which the SE and XR don't have. It also has a macro camera.

https://news.samsung.com/global/phot...era-1-desserts
    [UPDATED] LATEST CODE: Use my TracFone referral code ZHAU-7856 to get 8,000 points. IMPORTANT: Enter the code in the mobile app because the website may not give you the points you deserve (Tracfone broke it).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Common Sense Al View Post
    Did you buy your phone yet? If so, which did you get and how do you like it?
    Yes, I ordered the iPhone SE2 based on the responses in this thread.
    And I haven't been able to try it out yet because it came without a charger, since Apple expects everyone to already have a compatible charger, given how, you know, everyone already owns some Apple product or another, right! Well, I'm not one of those people, this is my first Apple product (and possibly my last)!

Device(s)
    Pixel 3 & 3a, iPhone SE (2020)
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    And I haven't been able to try it out yet because it came without a charger, since Apple expects everyone to already have a compatible charger, given how, you know, everyone already owns some Apple product or another, right! Well, I'm not one of those people, this is my first Apple product (and possibly my last)!
    At least they included a cable.

This charger should work:
    https://www.amazon.com/Charger-Anker...ef=sr_1_2_sspa

Feedback Score
    If they sent a cable, you should have a wall wart to plug it into?

Feedback Score
    The cable in my XR was lightning/USB C. I don't have any USB C chargers (all my USB C devices came with USB C to A cables and A based chargers), but I have other lightning cables (USB A) I could use. I could see people new to Apple not having something handy to charge with.

Feedback Score
    There are charging blocks that take both A and C. Might affect the speed as a compromise.