Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: SprinT-Mobile Does Not Know How To Unlock A Sprint Sonim XP3

Device(s)
    iPhone SE (2020), Sonim XP3, iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    BTW, I've been dealing with someone from the Executive Response Team since last Monday (04/19) with no luck so far. Everyone they contact tries to unlock it OTA instead of just obtaining the code for me.

I asked them what they plan to do when the time comes that they need to move thousands of XP3's that are on enterprise accounts over to T-Mobile SIM's and they did not have a answer other than if a phone is not compatible with T-Mobile they tell them to buy new phones. I pointed out that T-Mobile does not even offer any ruggedized business phones so these customers will most likely move to another carrier. I also pointed out that the XP3 is compatible with T-Mobile except for band 71.
    Personal: Sprint Apple iPhone SE (2020) (A2275) on Sprint Post Paid SERO Premium SWAC Plus running iOS 14.5.1 with Sprint 46.0 and PRL 55576 and modem firmware 2.04.07 and SIM card version SGI0003a
    Work: Sprint Sonim XP3 | AT&T iPhone 6

Device(s)
    iPhone 12 ProMax, OnePlus 8 5G
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by techguru View Post
    BTW, I've been dealing with someone from the Executive Response Team since last Monday (04/19) with no luck so far. Everyone they contact tries to unlock it OTA instead of just obtaining the code for me.

I asked them what they plan to do when the time comes that they need to move thousands of XP3's that are on enterprise accounts over to T-Mobile SIM's and they did not have a answer other than if a phone is not compatible with T-Mobile they tell them to buy new phones. I pointed out that T-Mobile does not even offer any ruggedized business phones so these customers will most likely move to another carrier. I also pointed out that the XP3 is compatible with T-Mobile except for band 71.
    Well maybe this will get them to work with Sonim on issuing an OTA update to them, that would be the easiest solution and would allow them to add native T-Mobile SIM support to the device remotely.

It's like this MiFi 8800 I've got here - it's marked unlocked in Sprint's system, but I no longer have a way to actually get an active Sprint SIM to finish unlocking it - and putting a T-Mobile SIM in just proclaims the SIM is incorrect.

Sprint's unlocking/activation system is just a joke overall.
    T-Mobile: Magenta Amplified (airline employee plan)
    AT$T: $50 Unlimited Elite Prepaid promo (for more “rural” areas)

Feedback Score
    T-Mobile obviously does not care about that business segment, and are willing to loose those customers rather than change. Special phones for "Joe Sixpack" types are not a priority, or they would already have them. Sonim has lost the Sprint business, and should just UICC unlock those customer phones directly.

I still think this is worth an FCC complaint. It might be covered in the unlocking provisions agreed to by all the carriers a few years ago. It might also conflict with agreements made specific to the T-Mobile-Sprint merger.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Still not getting anywhere. Got a voicemail from Executive Response Team saying they've exhausted all options. Should I ask them to swap out the phone since they still sell it?

Feedback Score
    Still not getting anywhere. Got a voicemail from Executive Response Team saying they've exhausted all options. Should I ask them to swap out the phone since they still sell it?
    I see no indication that they have these phones anymore. Even if they did, they would be locked to Sprint from the factory as yours is. Without a factory unlock, you can't use this phone in any other service. Do you really need Sprint/T-Mobile service? If you had a Verizon or AT&T version it would likely also be carrier locked.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S21 5G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    Even if they did, they would be locked to Sprint from the factory as yours is. Without a factory unlock, you can't use this phone in any other service.
    This was the same situation when Cingular Wireless bought the original AT&T Wireless (not the same as the current At&t
    Mobility) in the early 2000's. Phone users of the original carrier had a short period of time to get their phones unlocked from the old carrier and after that the phones were permanently locked to that network. No appeals or escalation to a manager would change that so there is a precedent
    Just another day in paradise.....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brad15 View Post
    Unlocked for GSM, but I doubt for CDMA. Unknown if this model has VoLTE on T-Mobile. Does not have Band 71, which can be necessary in some areas.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I see no indication that they have these phones anymore.
    No idea where you heard this nonsense. Both versions of the XP3 are in stock and available for sale on Sprint's website.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Does not have Band 71, which can be necessary in some areas.
    No XP3 model has band 71.

Code:
    B1/B2/B3/B4/B5/XX/B8/B12/B13/B14/B25/B26/XXX/B38/B66/B41(HPUE) - Sprint
    B1/B2/B3/B4/B5/B7/B8/B12/B13/B14/XXX/B26/B30/XXX/B66/XXX         - Verizon
    B1/B2/B3/B4/B5/B7/B8/B12/B13/B14/XXX/B26/B30/XXX/B66/XXX         - AT&T

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    Unlocked for GSM, but I doubt for CDMA. Unknown if this model has VoLTE on T-Mobile. Does not have Band 71, which can be necessary in some areas.
    Who cares if it's "Unlocked for CDMA" that's irrelevant now - as well as nobody will activate a CDMA device on a new line anymore, and the OP wants to use a GSM SIM in it anyway...

As far as B12 is also fine for most, and it's been pointed out in this thread no B71 on any Sonim device.. and is the "same" issue the OP would have with the one they're trying to currently unlock for use on GSM.

As far as VoLTE, T-Mobile let's any device that can probes the network for VoLTE connect, even my cheap $49 Nokia 225 gets VoLTE with a T-Mobile SIM.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Got a letter from T-Mobile in the mail today.

http://tinypic.cf/T-Mobile_Letter_1.gif

http://tinypic.cf/T-Mobile_Letter_2.gif

I responded with the following:

Despite T-Mobile's false claims that my Sprint Sonim XP3 has been unlocked by them it remains locked as documented in the following two videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dt2pNwcjIAw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANJWLBdTlFk
    Last edited by techguru; 05-01-2021 at 11:46 PM.

Feedback Score
    Got a letter from T-Mobile in the mail today.
    File the FCC Consumer Complaint form. Try and keep the Description to just a few sentences. They should know that a Sprint issue will be with T-Mobile.

https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/h..._form_id=39744

Form navigation aid:

Phone Issues: Equipment
    Phone Equipment Sub Issue: Device Unlocking
    Your Phone Method: Wireless
    Company Name: Sprint
    Relationship to Company: Current Customer

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    The letter was a CC of T-Mobile's response to the FCC. The copies I posted may have not shown up inline for some reason so I just changed them to links.
    Last edited by techguru; 05-02-2021 at 12:06 AM.

Feedback Score
    The letter was a CC of T-Mobile's response to the FCC. The copies I posted may have not shown up inline for some reason so I just changed them to links.
    After reading the T-Mobile FCC response, seems they are not guaranteeing any other network compatibility after a Sprint unlock. Why they mention MSL code is strange, as they state that is for devices made before February 2015. No mention of the UICC lock we discussed earlier. What now?

https://www.sprint.com/en/legal/unlo...egal_unlocking

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast