Thread: Porting multiple lines from Legacy Sprint to T-Mo

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT and T
    Feedback Score

Porting multiple lines from Legacy Sprint to T-Mo

I want to port five legacy Sprint lines to T-Mo on recommendation by T-Mo. All five phones are 4G LTE, must be unlocked, paid off, and brought into the same “physical” store per T-Mo tech.

The problem is one phone far away (CO) and the others are all local (MN).

In light of the new 5G phone promotion, I am thinking of a replacement phone for which I could trade up using another phone, disabling the lone CO phone, and overnight the replacement phone.

Viable? Any other ideas? I wish I could find a T-Mo customer in the area or a T-Mo phone to test.

BTW: Consensus between legacy Sprint tech and T-Mo tech is that porting / switching to official T-Mo account would solve most of the connectivity, data and dropped call issues. The T-Mo locks onto T-Mo tower almost 3 miles away and will not use Sprint tower 2 miles away. B71 is not an issue as neither tower has B71.
    Download can get as high as Mbps, but upload is poor. Many to tickets, no noticeable improvements since TNX in Feb.
    Last edited by gdrenick74; 04-16-2021 at 07:46 PM.

Feedback Score
    your Sprint branded phones most likely is not working with VoLTE on T-mobile

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT and T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Androided View Post
    your Sprint branded phones most likely is not working with VoLTE on T-mobile
    Hmmm. The two phones are iPhone X and 8 purchased at Apple Store and unlocked.

Would you expand further? I am curious what might explain why VoLTE on T-Mobile is not working. I don’t know enough to understand the details.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S21 5G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    When I switched from Sprint to T-Mobile in March 2020, my two phones were already compatible (original iPhone SE and Samsung Galaxy S9+. I talked with T-Mobile customer support, they mailed me both SIM cards, I swapped the SIM cards and activated both devices.

My prior phones were Sprint branded with VOLTE worked from day 1 on T-Mobile.
    Just another day in paradise.....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gdrenick74 View Post
    Hmmm. The two phones are iPhone X and 8 purchased at Apple Store and unlocked.

Would you expand further? I am curious what might explain why VoLTE on T-Mobile is not working. I don’t know enough to understand the details.
    Sprint (unlocked) iPhones VoLTE works on tmobile.
    I meant Sprint branded other phone...

Sent from my BE2026 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gdrenick74 View Post
    I want to port five legacy Sprint lines to T-Mo on recommendation by T-Mo. All five phones are 4G LTE, must be unlocked, paid off, and brought into the same “physical” store per T-Mo tech.
    According to this page on the T-Mobile website, you can do the Tmobile Network Experience by just calling customer care and not going to a physical store.

https://www.sprint.com/en/support/so...xperience.html

They'll mail you the SIM's and it looks like you call in when you get them.

I don't think you'll need to "port" as it sounds like you were told. My understanding of the Network Experience program, your account stays the same and you just get SIM's which put the devices on the T-Mobile network.

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT and T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    According to this page on the T-Mobile website, you can do the Tmobile Network Experience by just calling customer care and not going to a physical store.

https://www.sprint.com/en/support/so...xperience.html

They'll mail you the SIM's and it looks like you call in when you get them.

I don't think you'll need to "port" as it sounds like you were told. My understanding of the Network Experience program, your account stays the same and you just get SIM's which put the devices on the T-Mobile network.
    Thanks, all five phones are already on T-Mo’s TNX which is the part of the issue. It was all through the mail.

Calls are a bit better but data speeds, esp. up, are poor compared to Sprint SIM.

Two of the techs suggested that I am hamstrung by Sprint’s backend and account management. (Those are my words - not theirs.) By fully porting to the T-Mo side of account management, et al, I would then be eligible for a T-Mo booster (which I had with Sprint SIMs).

Anyway, that is my challenge - missed calls, dropping of calls and slow data in a fringe, rural area.

Good news is I added a OnePlus Nord 10N 5G on a new line. I will see how that works out.