Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tracfone phones with WiFi calling

Feedback Score

Tracfone phones with WiFi calling

Hello all. My wife has a Samsung Galaxy A20 phone through Verizon prepaid. This phone has WiFi calling capabilities. I purchased the same phone except through Tracfone (Verizon network) for my daughter, but for some reason it does not have built-in WiFi calling. I contacted Tracfone to see about getting her a different phone with WiFi calling capabilities, but of course they simply tell me to look on their website under the specifications for each phone to see which ones would be compatible. After looking for a while I have still not found one that specifies this as this feature. Any input or help would be greatly appreciated.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bhoup View Post
    Hello all. My wife has a Samsung Galaxy A20 phone through Verizon prepaid. This phone has WiFi calling capabilities. I purchased the same phone except through Tracfone (Verizon network) for my daughter, but for some reason it does not have built-in WiFi calling. I contacted Tracfone to see about getting her a different phone with WiFi calling capabilities, but of course they simply tell me to look on their website under the specifications for each phone to see which ones would be compatible. After looking for a while I have still not found one that specifies this as this feature. Any input or help would be greatly appreciated.
    first, try here - https://e911-reg.tracfone.com/wps/po...vZ0FBIS9nQSEh/

it doesn't work yet on tracfone verizon except on iphone or pure luck - https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...t=wifi+calling

Feedback Score
    As @October262 mentioned, TF/Vzw does not have wifi calling. I believe only TF/TM has it at this time. It's not the phone. Verizon MVNO's are not the same as Verizon prepaid on some features.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    As @October262 mentioned, TF/Vzw does not have wifi calling. I believe only TF/TM has it at this time. It's not the phone. Verizon MVNO's are not the same as Verizon prepaid on some features.
    I have a cricket LG harmony 3 and a cricket moto G7 power. Both phones have wifi calling if I used Tracfone BYOD AT&T sim cards.

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I have WiFi calling with Verizon based Straight Talk with A50 S506DL and A51 S515DL. I have tried others, but I have not see it with other branded phones with a Verizon based SIM yet.

Device(s)
    iPhone XR
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I have an iPhone 7 with a TF BYOD at&t sim and have wifi calling

Also it didn't happen when I activated the sim I was messing with the phone one day when I noticed I could turn it on and worked

We have 2 XR's on Verizon TF sims and no wifi calling

Device(s)
    LG Q7+, LG Journey, LG Stylo 4+
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Got my TF-branded Moto G Power today and activated it on TF/Verizon. I was surprised that WiFi Calling works on it. Attached are screenshots showing the WiFi Calling settings, and a WiFi Call in progress with the phone in Airplane mode and WiFi ON.

Name:  Moto-G-Power-WiFi-Calling-01.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  31.6 KB

Name:  Moto-G-Power-WiFi-Calling-02.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  19.5 KB

Name:  Moto-G-Power-WiFi-Calling-03.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  27.2 KB

Device(s)
    moto g6
    Feedback Score
    I wish the moto g6 were capable of Wi-Fi calling, that would be nice. Luckily for me the VZW cell site is almost literally in my backyard (2 blocks up the road), so not a big deal. I've also been using my Google Voice number with Wi-Fi calling a lot when home, which doesn't use up TF minutes and has great voice quality now (used to not be the case).

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tracfoner69 View Post
    I wish the moto g6 were capable of Wi-Fi calling, that would be nice. Luckily for me the VZW cell site is almost literally in my backyard (2 blocks up the road), so not a big deal. I've also been using my Google Voice number with Wi-Fi calling a lot when home, which doesn't use up TF minutes and has great voice quality now (used to not be the case).
    WiFi calling works on my G6 with a Tracfone T-Mobil sim so it is capable. VZW seems to be pretty stingy when it comes to sharing it though.

Device(s)
    moto g6
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by arny56 View Post
    WiFi calling works on my G6 with a Tracfone T-Mobil sim so it is capable. VZW seems to be pretty stingy when it comes to sharing it though.
    Hmm, interesting. I have an active AT&T SIM I can try it with, and a T-Mobile SIM coming later this week. Thanks for the tip, I wouldn't have thought to try those (the VZW SIM is my primary for this phone).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    Got my TF-branded Moto G Power today and activated it on TF/Verizon.
    As an aside question, does this G Power work on hotspot? Some have stated they do not on TF/Verizon.

Device(s)
    moto g6
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    As an aside question, does this G Power work on hotspot? Some have stated they do not on TF/Verizon.
    I can't speak to the G Power specifically, but the Wi-Fi Hotspot on my g6 on TF/VZW works fine. I don't use it often because I guess it's technically still against the TF TOS, but in a pinch it definitely works.

Name:  Screenshot_20210419-183237.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  21.3 KB

Device(s)
    LG Q7+, LG Journey, LG Stylo 4+
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    The Hotspot function is there, "sticks" when turned on, and my other phone (LG Stylo 4+) can connect to it. With Data on the Moto G turned OFF, the Stylo has no Internet. However, as soon as Data on the Moto G is turned ON, a message came up saying my plan doesn't support tethering, and it turned off Hotspot.

Name:  Moto-G-Hotspot-3.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  21.1 KB

Name:  Moto-G-Hotspot-4.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  24.4 KB

Name:  Moto-G-Hotspot-6.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  14.8 KB

Name:  Moto-G-Hotspot-5.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  19.2 KB

Name:  Moto-G-Hotspot-2.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  18.9 KB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    The Hotspot function is there, "sticks" when turned on, and my other phone (LG Stylo 4+) can connect to it. With Data on the Moto G turned OFF, the Stylo has no Internet. However, as soon as Data on the Moto G is turned ON, a message came up saying my plan doesn't support tethering, and it turned off Hotspot.
    Thanks for really checking! Failure to do hotspot is what has kept me from getting the Moto G Power. Some have said these will work on Total Wireless and Straight talk plans that have hotspot provision. Information is not clear if a factory unlocked G Power will act the same. Depends on how they are doing the locking.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tracfoner69 View Post
    I can't speak to the G Power specifically, but the Wi-Fi Hotspot on my g6 on TF/VZW works fine. I don't use it often because I guess it's technically still against the TF TOS, but in a pinch it definitely works.
    The Moto G6 does not lock out hotspot, nor does my G5 Plus. I used it very carefully with a computer when there were widespread power outages because of wildfires in NorCal in 2019. Verizon must have been on generators, as they never went down.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast