Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Verizon Starts C band equipment deployment

Device(s)
    Iphone Xs, Ipad Pro 11"
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon/Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Checker79 View Post
    I think Verizon will have an amazing C band network. What I’m concerned about is them losing all these customers. When does that bleeding stop ? They can’t even counter with a better plan until more capacity is deployed.
    I don't think people are leaving in droves like you think. They still have a ton of customers and will continue to have those (and even gain some back, especially with c band deployment starting to begin in December for some of the spectrum they just won).

Device(s)
    iPhone, iPad, Netgear Nighthawk mobile hotspot
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Normal people don’t speed test. They pick a carrier based on a combination of what their friends/family like and what the service costs, and they only leave if their service is poor enough that calls cut out & drop or data stalls in the middle of trying to do things, or if another carrier offers a sufficiently attractive deal to justify the hassle of porting over. As long as Verizon delivers acceptable, functional service to its customers and stays competitive in terms of pricing and special offers, they’ll be fine.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VVivian View Post
    Normal people don’t speed test. They pick a carrier based on a combination of what their friends/family like and what the service costs, and they only leave if their service is poor enough that calls cut out & drop or data stalls in the middle of trying to do things, or if another carrier offers a sufficiently attractive deal to justify the hassle of porting over. As long as Verizon delivers acceptable, functional service to its customers and stays competitive in terms of pricing and special offers, they’ll be fine.
    I agree with this 100%. The average person who just streams video/music and checks emails and texts will never be able to tell the difference between 6 Mbps and 600 Mbps. I have several techie friends and I’m the only one who runs speed tests. Everyone else just says that service “just works” or it doesn’t.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ckoch125 View Post
    I don't think people are leaving in droves like you think. They still have a ton of customers and will continue to have those (and even gain some back, especially with c band deployment starting to begin in December for some of the spectrum they just won).
    Verizon lost 178K last quarter. It only took losing 400K in 6 weeks for Verion to bring back unlimited after saying it was unnecessary just weeks earlier

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Has anyone seen any c-band upgraded towers. I’m curious what a fully updated towers setup will look like. I’m wondering if a fully loaded tower will have 5 panels per sector. I’m wondering if they will use the normal 2 slim panels close together for LTE/5G bands 5-2-4/66-13 then use one panel for CBRS, another for c-Band, and a last panel for MmWave. I also think their may be a few panels that can do both CBRS and C-Band on the same panel but some of the tech specs I have seen look a little confusing.

Feedback Score

Verizon Starts C band equipment deployment

[QUOTE=JoeInPa;17175060]Has anyone seen any c-band upgraded towers. I’m curious what a fully updated towers setup will look like. I’m wondering if a fully loaded tower will have 5 panels per sector. I’m wondering if they will use the normal 2 slim panels close together for LTE/5G bands 5-2-4/66-13 then use one panel for CBRS, another for c-Band, and a last panel for MmWave. I also think their may be a few panels that can do both CBRS and C-Band on the same panel but some of the tech specs I have seen look a little confusing.

Sent from my iPhone using

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Checker79 View Post
    Nothing yet but I have a few permits for upgrades coming. If you care to see any ill private message u . Let me know
    Yes. Please do. I am definitely curious.

I have been keeping an eye out here as well but I haven’t seen anything yet.

In the wood's of Maryland's eastern shore.
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Have the C band frequency numbers been listed on the Spectrum Omega site yet.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bcltoys View Post
    Have the C band frequency numbers been listed on the Spectrum Omega site yet.
    As of a few weeks ago no. But CBRS has been added.

In the wood's of Maryland's eastern shore.
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Is there a map anywhere yet of what Verizon bought and where, that's like Spectrum's map.

Feedback Score
    Is there a map anywhere yet of what Verizon bought and where, that's like Spectrum's map.
    This is where Cband can be launched at end of year

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Verizon Starts C band equipment deployment

Here is the totals per PEA

Image from website below. It has tons of useful info.
    https://sashajavid.com/FCC_Auction107.php

Last edited by JoeInPa; 05-13-2021 at 01:01 PM.

Feedback Score
    Verizon got at least 140 MHz and untoward 200 MHz in some places with most places getting 160 MHz. However only 60 MHz will be available for those 46 PEAs starting in December the rest will have to wait until Dec 2023

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    Verizon got at least 140 MHz and untoward 200 MHz in some places with most places getting 160 MHz. However only 60 MHz will be available for those 46 PEAs starting in December the rest will have to wait until Dec 2023
    Why do they have to wait?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CellGeek View Post
    Why do they have to wait?
    Some ranges of C-band are licensed by, and being used by other services. Verizon and other C-band auction winners will have to wait until the current licensees quit using the frequencies or move their use to other frequencies.

The C-band cellular auction winners will be required to pay big bucks to the current users to move to other frequencies.

Radio frequencies are highly regulated nationally and internationally to prevent interference.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast