Thread: TF Android widget says inactive

Feedback Score

TF Android widget says inactive

The Android app seems to have lost the ability to figure out which phone it is on.

If I open the app, the first device listed is not the device I'm on. The widget says the phone is inactive. At first I thought that the inactive devices in my account was confusing the phone. I deleted all of them (had several), but that didn't fix the issue.

If I text "bal" to 611611, it reports the correct balances.

Anyone else have this problem?

Feedback Score
    This happened to me when I redeemed reward points for a 60 min/ 90 day card.

https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...6#post17171656

https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...7#post17171937

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisme View Post
    This happened to me when I redeemed reward points for a 60 min/ 90 day card.

https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...6#post17171656

https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...7#post17171937
    Was there a resolution? That thread has over 1,000 posts and I didn't follow it.

I'm not enrolled in the rewards program, both Android phones with this problem are on AT&T and my iPhone on Verizon doesn't seem to have the problem.

Feedback Score
    I have two Androids on AT&T. The same model (Moto G7). One glitched up and one didn't. One shows the evil twin Inactive version when I pull up the app not logged in. When logged in, it shows both the twin and the correct way, like there are two phones listed. Plus the second G7, which is fine.

Look at your account on the TF website. You will see a deactivation represented by the Inactive account immediately after an airtime redemption. Then at the same time, the normal appearing account shows an activation. All of the past history is listed with the deactivated one, which was previously the original account.

Confused yet? Basically, after an airtime addition, the account crashed, was deactivated, and then reactivated with the old name but no history list carried forward. All it says is activation.

The crashed one is what pulls up from the widget. The account labeled Inactive, because it was deactivated and replaced.

It's just one of those Tracfone dumb things. I am afraid to delete the Inactive one, because that contains the history. Oh well.

I wonder if someone in corporate can fix it, don't know.

Feedback Score
    I deleted all of my inactive lines. I had a bunch already from the eBay 1yr SIMs. Every time I activated one of those SIMs, the account created an inactive device. So, I didn't have much history anyway.

Hmmm...

Feedback Score
    So, on a lark I pushed the activate device button. I got a dialog box asking for a SIM number. That's weird. So, I pulled out the SIM and put it in a spare phone. (Specifically, I moved the SIM from a Umidigi F1 Play to a Teracube 2e.)

The TF app is working fine on the Teracube. Widget shows the right balance, too.

So, it's not so much that the account is messed up as something with the phone and the app.

I'm going to let that SIM sit in the Teracube for a few days and switch back.

Feedback Score
    Update: should have tried this first... On my other line, I deleted the TF app and reinstalled. Now the widget is working again.

Feedback Score
    I'll try reinstalling the app.

I think I had to do this in the past for something else.

Thank you.