Thread: Is VoLTE now required, and source for a flip phone.

Feedback Score

Is VoLTE now required, and source for a flip phone.

I'm a pageplus user recommending a pay-as-you-go phone for a neighbor. H2O has slightly better coverage here, so I'm thinking of recommending H2O over PP. Page Plus now requires VoLTE phones, but H2O doesn't seem to mention that. It says things like 'any gsm compatible phone'. My neighbor only needs a flip phone for doctor messages and the occasional phone call. Not seeing anything that simple on the H2O site. Thanks

Device(s)
    Flip phone, Samsung J3 on Tello
    Carrier(s)
    Tello, H2O, Page Plus, Tmobile
    Feedback Score
    Plan A: If you have an ATT compatible phone that has at least 3G capability you can drop a H2O sim in it and it will work for now until ATT dumps 3G. (later this year or 2022?)
    There are some "H2O 50% off" deals out there, but only good for monthly plans with data. I didn't see any flip phones on stock.
    For a flip phone you will want the "Pay as you go" deal which is $10 for 200 min. / 3 months. ($9 with auto pay).

Plan B: Go to the Tracfone display, pick out a flip phone and register it on Page Plus. $10/ 3mo, 6c/min, 6c/mb data.
    LG Classic Flip (L125DL) seems to be the most likeable one. My local Kroger had an LG Journey for $18, PP's website said it would accept the IMEI. Good cheap one if grandpa isn't stuck on a flip phone.

Feedback Score
    I've got a handful of older but not ancient phones. I assume an H2O compatible phone would at least require a sim card--being GSM. Is there am IMEI checker site for H2O. If I don't need LTE at the moment I may have a compatible phone. (I just found the ATT IMEI checker site)

Feedback Score
    The current AT&T Prepaid Alcatel/Cingular Flip at Target or wherever. It will work on H2O. Mixed reviews on that phone, but it should be adequate. Might need to manually update the APN to get LTE working. More phones here, or hunt for a gently used postpaid flip:

https://www.att.com/ecms/dam/att/con...TT-Network.pdf

https://www.att.com/buy/phones/browse/value

AT&T's 3G cut off is Feb 2022, currently. New 3G activations might be disabled already. That's a question for customer service.

Device(s)
    LG phones, Motorola, ZTE, occasional Alcatel
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    Walmart website says out of stock on a version of the AT&T flip priced at 24.88, but found one at the website for 49.99. One of the reviews mentions using it on the H20 Wireless 90 day/$10 plan.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/AT-T-PREP...ll&athena=true

Best Buy website was sold out on an AT&T flip for 29.99. Target website said not available for shipment. I wanted to buy an extra too. I didn't search Amazon or eBay.

If you can't find one locally or at any of the websites for a price you want to pay, you might try the one for 49.99 from Walmart's website.

If you have a Rite Aid, Walgreen's in your area, might try there. I used to get AT&T prepaid phones at Rite Aid.

Sent from my moto g(7) optimo maxx(XT1955DL) using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Thank you very much!

Feedback Score
    PS. You'll still need an H2O SIM ... target.com shows them for $1. And the AT&T Smartflip for $25.