Thread: P+ Customer Service Almost OK

Device(s)
    Motorola G6
    Carrier(s)
    Page Pluss
    Feedback Score

P+ Customer Service Almost OK

Sorry about the novel ---

I’ve had a P+ Pay-As-You-Go plan for about 12 years and my cash balance grew. Eventually I gave up my LG VX5400 flip phone in favor of a an Alcatel A502DL Smartphone. I changed to the $12 a month plan to better experiment with the Smartphone and run the balance down. After a year or so, my cash balance sunk to $4. I asked if if my plan could be changed to PAYG ; I was advised this change happens automatically and does not need Customer Service. Eventually, the web page and MyAccount app reported I was PAYG and the dates and numbers were correct.

I added $10 every four months and again, my balance grew. At the New Year, my $10 renewal put me past the $12 mark and P+ took $12 from my cash balance. I called Customer Service ; they gave me $12 bsck ; OK so far. Web page and MyAccount app say I’m PAYG and the numbers are right.

Late in January, P+ takes another $12 from my cash balance. This time, Customer Service cannot understand what I’m complaining about. (“Yes, you’re on PAYG ; You must have used $12 in airtime this month.”)

As a mere customer, all I can do is go away. I sent a letter to Miami and observed that I am not likely to buy any more airtime.

Crickets.

Late in April, I looked on the MyAccount app and found my $12 restored and my active date is now in August. OK so far . Now I want to see if they take the $12 back in May.

Overall, might be an OK experience with P+ Customer Service.

Regards, FJ

Device(s)
    A71 5G, Pixel 3aXL/4a5G, Moto E6/G7 Power/Z3 Play/G6 Play
    Carrier(s)
    H2O, TMO, Xfinity, PagePlus, TracFone
    Feedback Score
    As I recall, when on a monthly plan and your plan balance goes below its stated amount, yes it will revert to PayGo, but only as long as the balance stays below the monthly plan amount. When it goes above, the monthly plan is reinstated and its amount deducted, just as you experienced.

The CS rep was not correct in believing it would stay PayGo. There is something they have to do to change the plan back to PayGo permanently.

Feedback Score
    mframe is correct based on how it used to work, and apparently still does, based on the info provided by Frontierjustice.

A lot of us PPC old-timers know more than current PPC CSRs. The problem is, as outsiders, we have no idea what might have been changed since the last time we last experienced a particular situation, so it's hard to answer with absolute certainty that what we knew is still valid.

Anyhoo...I hope the problem is finally corrected for FJ!

Device(s)
    Moto E (T-Mo); LG Fiesta 2 (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    The "interim phase" you experienced when your balance dropped below the $12 threshold before a monthly renewal was to be expected, but that does not change your official plan status. You'd have to request through a live CSR (either over the phone or through their Chat support window) that you'd like your plan changed to PAYGO (I guess formerly called the Standard Plan). Like Boz1 said, that's how it used to be and likely still is.

The major issue here is that when you did ask if (what I'm calling) the interim phase would hold as the newly established plan type, they indicated yes, which was the wrong answer, and you saw what happened. So that transaction needs to happen again (asking for new PAYGO plan status and verifying that's what you've got). Otherwise as soon as your balance peeks above $12 it'll get snatched and applied.

Device(s)
    Motorola G6
    Carrier(s)
    Page Pluss
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by whacker View Post
    The major issue here is that when you did ask if (what I'm calling) the interim phase would hold as the newly established plan type, they indicated yes, which was the wrong answer, and you saw what happened. So that transaction needs to happen again (asking for new PAYGO plan status and verifying that's what you've got). Otherwise as soon as your balance peeks above $12 it'll get snatched and applied.
    The web page, app and customer service all said I was PAYG ... all the way through the event. November, December, January, February.

P+ took my $12 balance but did not reinstate the $12 plan. The app and web page still say I'm PAYG. I'll chat with them again just in case. Maybe the Miami rep fixed it ; maybe he just gave me $12 ; maybe this starts again.

Regards, FJ

Device(s)
    Moto E (T-Mo); LG Fiesta 2 (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Yes, that is certainly a mess!