Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: After recharging my Moto e6, battery usage has taken a dive

Feedback Score

After recharging my Moto e6, battery usage has taken a dive

I am using a new ST Moto e6 which was activated on PPC a week ago.

As a very light user, a normal recharge would last me about 5-6 days. After a recent recharge, the phone's battery drains quickly and only lasts one day. I have tried turning off applications which consume data, restarting the phone, and doing a hard reset.

Before I attempt a factory reset, does anyone have any other suggestions?

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S21 5G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    What about GPS, Bluetooth and Wifi ? Are those features turned off when not in use ? Check your device settings to see if there are any power-saving features/options.
    Just another day in paradise.....

Device(s)
    LG Ultimate 2 L41C, HTC Evo 4G, Photon Mifi
    Carrier(s)
    Pageplus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Try downloading the accubattery app from the play store. It gives a lot of insight into your battery usage.

One of your apps might be draining the battery. An update could cause or fix that.

Sent from my S3_Pro Umidigi using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Serial Port View Post
    What about GPS, Bluetooth and Wifi ? Are those features turned off when not in use ? Check your device settings to see if there are any power-saving features/options.
    I normally keep wifi on all the time. GPS and Bluetooth are shut off after being used. I will check into the accubattery app you mentioned. Thanks for the suggestions.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by motherload View Post

As a very light user, a normal recharge would last me about 5-6 days. After a recent recharge, the phone's battery drains quickly and only lasts one day. I have tried turning off applications which consume data, restarting the phone, and doing a hard reset.

Might I ask what phone you were using before? I'm a pretty light user, too, and I have a Moto E6. I've never had it last more than 2 days before needing a charge, and I turn mine off when I go to bed. Honestly, this is typical for every phone I've used with a similar 'average' sized battery. I probably have the screen on 30-45 minutes on an average day, so you might get longer if you almost never peek....

With heavier use, my old Android 4.4 phone can still run 3 days between charges.
    My Tello referral code is P3BSR5HV, and gets both of us 10 Tello Dollars to pay for a plan.
    https://tello.com/account/register?_referral=P3BSR5HV

Device(s)
    Moto G Stylus, Moto E4 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Liberty Wireless, FreedomPop, Red Pocket (AT&T & Verizon)
    Feedback Score
    Yeah, my Moto E6 battery life is nothing to write home about. . . . . .

Are you in a bad signal area? A weak cellular signal can really drain the battery, even if the phone is just idling.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by greenhandle View Post
    Might I ask what phone you were using before? I'm a pretty light user, too, and I have a Moto E6. I've never had it last more than 2 days before needing a charge, and I turn mine off when I go to bed. Honestly, this is typical for every phone I've used with a similar 'average' sized battery. I probably have the screen on 30-45 minutes on an average day, so you might get longer if you almost never peek....

With heavier use, my old Android 4.4 phone can still run 3 days between charges.
    I was using moto e4.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Rules View Post
    Yeah, my Moto E6 battery life is nothing to write home about. . . . . .

Are you in a bad signal area? A weak cellular signal can really drain the battery, even if the phone is just idling.
    My signal strength is -75 dBm 65 asu

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by motherload View Post

It's not clear (at least to me) what you're saying.

Are you saying that this Moto e6 lasted 5-6 days on a charge, but suddenly, after using it for 1 week, it now lasts only 1 day?

5-6 days per charge would be pretty extraordinary for a smartphone. I get 2 or 3 days per charge, depending on how much I use it, on my Pixel 3a XL, and I thought that was pretty good!

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S21 5G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    OP, if you are in a area where there is overlapping cellular coverage on more than one tower, the phone may be constantly switching between towers or searching for a signal constantly trying to find the best signal. If so, it will consume battery power much faster than normal. You haven't identified what area of the country you live in.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    It's not clear (at least to me) what you're saying.

Are you saying that this Moto e6 lasted 5-6 days on a charge, but suddenly, after using it for 1 week, it now lasts only 1 day?
    Yes, that's what I mean. My previous phone, the e4, kept its charge for five days also. I am a very light user.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Serial Port View Post
    OP, if you are in a area where there is overlapping cellular coverage on more than one tower, the phone may be constantly switching between towers or searching for a signal constantly trying to find the best signal. If so, it will consume battery power much faster than normal. You haven't identified what area of the country you live in.
    I live in the Carolinas.

Device(s)
    A71 5G, Pixel 3aXL/4a5G, Moto E6/G7 Power/Z3 Play/G6 Play
    Carrier(s)
    H2O, TMO, Xfinity, PagePlus, TracFone
    Feedback Score
    If you have only been using it for a little over a week, you may not have had all the latest Android system and security updates installed yet. While on WiFi (with a full charge), go to Settings>System>Advanced>System udates, and have it check.

If an update starts running (which can take a while), wait a few minutes after it says completed and check again (there could be more than one). If it is on Android 9, I think it will update to Android 10.

Then check battery life after all updates are done.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mframe View Post
    If you have only been using it for a little over a week, you may not have had all the latest Android system and security updates installed yet. While on WiFi (with a full charge), go to Settings>System>Advanced>System udates, and have it check.
    I have done that, and it appears I am fully up to date.

Device(s)
    LG Ultimate 2 L41C, HTC Evo 4G, Photon Mifi
    Carrier(s)
    Pageplus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Another good way to check what's going on is to put your phone in airplane mode and just turn on the wifi and see how your battery drains. In just airplane mode, you battery can last 5-6 days since it's not doing anything. On just wifi, you should still get better battery performance atleast.

The cell antenna is usually the biggest battery depleter but not much can be done since you need cell signal. I have a phone on T-mobile and I'm convinced that relatively poor cell coverage contributes to its poor battery life.

Sent from my S3_Pro Umidigi using HoFo mobile app

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast