Thread: New Phone Activation

Device(s)
    Moto G Power 2020
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score

New Phone Activation

When I got the new Moto G Power 2020 HSN bundle I took the sim that came with the phone out before I turned it on and put my BYOP sim in to make sure I liked the phone. Been using it like this for a few weeks now. I do like the phone and want to activate the sim with the 1500 minutes, text and data that came with the new phone.

Is it too late to activate the sim that came in the phone? If not how do I go about transferring service from my BYOP sim and old phone to the new phone and sim?

Device(s)
    LG Q7+, LG Journey, LG Stylo 4+
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    It's not too late to activate the HSN phone. Contact TF and ask the rep to activate the HSN phone WITH A TRANSFER from your BYOP SIM.

I hope things didn't get messed up when you used your BYOP SIM in the HSN phone for testing. I put a BYOP TF/Verizon SIM into a new TF-branded LG Journey to do some testing. Later on, when I tried to activate the Journey with its own SIM, I kept getting an error message that "No such device in our system". I found out TF system had automatically paired the BYOP SIM to the Journey and "purged" the original SIM.

Device(s)
    Moto G Power 2020
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    It's not too late to activate the HSN phone. Contact TF and ask the rep to activate the HSN phone WITH A TRANSFER from your BYOP SIM.

I hope things didn't get messed up when you used your BYOP SIM in the HSN phone for testing. I put a BYOP TF/Verizon SIM into a new TF-branded LG Journey to do some testing. Later on, when I tried to activate the Journey with its own SIM, I kept getting an error message that "No such device in our system". I found out TF system had automatically paired the BYOP SIM to the Journey and "purged" the original SIM.
    Thank you for the reply.
    I'll give it a try. If I do get the error message you got will the BYOP sim still work in HSN phone just like its been doing?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NanaC View Post
    I'll give it a try. If I do get the error message you got will the BYOP sim still work in HSN phone just like its been doing?
    It will, but you'll lose out on the bundled time that came with the HSN phone. I have no ideas how to reclaim that bundled time if TF purged the SIM.

Device(s)
    Moto G Power 2020
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    It will, but you'll lose out on the bundled time that came with the HSN phone. I have no ideas how to reclaim that bundled time if TF purged the SIM.
    HSN phone is paired to the BYOP sim.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NanaC View Post
    HSN phone is paired to the BYOP sim.
    That's what I was afraid of. Ask a chat rep if there's a way to reclaim the bundled time that comes with the original SIM in the HSN phone.

Device(s)
    Moto G Power 2020
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    That's what I was afraid of. Ask a chat rep if there's a way to reclaim the bundled time that comes with the original SIM in the HSN phone.
    Thanks, will do.