Thread: Cheapest phone with usb-c port?

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S5
    Carrier(s)
    TF Verizon
    Feedback Score

Cheapest phone with usb-c port?

I'm looking for least expensive phone with usb-c port. Any suggestions < $50?

Thanks

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S21 5G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Just wondering, why the specific need for an inexpensive phone with USB C ? Anything wrong a phone with the prior Micro USB connection port ? I suspect that all new phones have the updated USB C ports in the near future.
    Just another day in paradise.....

Device(s)
    LG Q7+, LG Journey, LG Stylo 4+
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry.user View Post
    I'm looking for least expensive phone with usb-c port. Any suggestions < $50?
    If you don't mind a reconditioned phone, Reconditioned Samsung A20 for $49.99 . (sign up with your email and get 25% off).

Samsung A20 Full Specs

Reconditioned phones from TF are typically in excellent condition, can't tell them from brand-new ones. They come with 30 or 90 days warranty.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    If you don't mind a reconditioned phone, Reconditioned Samsung A20 for $49.99 . (sign up with your email and get 25% off).

Samsung A20 Full Specs

Reconditioned phones from TF are typically in excellent condition, can't tell them from brand-new ones. They come with 30 or 90 days warranty.
    I have bought several reconditioned phones from the TF website, at bargain prices. They all looked and worked like new.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S5
    Carrier(s)
    TF Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Serial Port View Post
    Just wondering, why the specific need for an inexpensive phone with USB C ?
    Primary use of the phone will be as a recording device with a plug-in usb-c microphone

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Primary use of the phone will be as a recording device with a plug-in usb-c microphone
    If you already have a phone with the old micro-USB port, you can buy an inexpensive USB-C to micro-USB adapter on Ebay.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S5
    Carrier(s)
    TF Verizon
    Feedback Score
    If you already have a phone with the old micro-USB port, you can buy an inexpensive USB-C to micro-USB adapter on Ebay.
    Good idea, but that wouldn't work mechanically for the plug-in camera to be supported by the edge of the phone.

Name:  cam.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  5.7 KB

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Good idea, but that wouldn't work mechanically for the plug-in camera to be supported by the edge of the phone.
    Most phones have the USB port on the bottom. I don't know how that camera setup will work out.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S5
    Carrier(s)
    TF Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Most phones have the USB port on the bottom. I don't know how that camera setup will work out.
    It works fine, I've used it with USB Audio Recorder Pro app which has a screen flip option.

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I have seen some devices say in the manual say that device might not work with adapters.

Barry.user, I have seen with some reviews of some of the cheaper phones say they do not support USB audio. That might be they have 3.5mm jack too. I would not know tho since I do not have USB-C audio device.

Feedback Score
    An adapter probably won't work. I have tried using an adapter for "fast charging" my moto phones and it only charges at normal speeds. Something as complex as the device you are trying to use probably won't work. The phone will have to support "On the Go" (OTG) to work with the camera/microphone device. Most, if not all, newer phones with USB C support OTG.

Feedback Score
    Gsmarena has a phone finder that includes USB-C and price as a critera. I tried it and it appears to include a lot of foreign models to weed out.

https://www.gsmarena.com/search.php3?

Moto Gs starting with the G6 have USB-C. Moto Es starting with the E7 have USB-C.

Recent Samsung Galaxy A models have USB-C.

Feedback Score
    If you want a recorder and not a phone, the pre VoLTE version of the ZTE ZFIVE had USB-C, the updated version has microUSB. So the ones with USB-C cannot be activated. Not sure what happens if you stick an active SIM in one.
    Tracfone rewards referral code OXCC-2594 gives 8,000 points to new rewards members at rewards.tracfone.com or in the Tracfone App.

Sign up for the TracFone rewards program here: https://www.tracfone.com/rewards

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by taxmantoo View Post
    If you want a recorder and not a phone, the pre VoLTE version of the ZTE ZFIVE had USB-C, the updated version has microUSB. So the ones with USB-C cannot be activated. Not sure what happens if you stick an active SIM in one.
    The ZTE ZMax Champ also has USB-C, and also cannot be activated as a phone (Verizon network phone without VoLTE.)
    This one is kind of short on RAM/memory, though. 1.5GB RAM, 8GB memory, but does have uSD slot.

Barry.user, I'm intrigued by the concept. What is your application? Does the software have the capability of setting input gain/attenuation on the mic? (Concerned about clipping the input...)
    My Tello referral code is P3BSR5HV, and gets both of us 10 Tello Dollars to pay for a plan.
    https://tello.com/account/register?_referral=P3BSR5HV