Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Switch to visible

Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Visible
    Feedback Score

Switch to visible

So i switched from Verizon prepaid to visible wireless. My question is the only difference between the 2 Verizon prepaid has roaming tech support in store and calling in? Or am i missing anything else?

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyTwisted View Post
    So i switched from Verizon prepaid to visible wireless. My question is the only difference between the 2 Verizon prepaid has roaming tech support in store and calling in? Or am i missing anything else?
    Visible data speed can be very inconsistent from moment to moment and place to place. If the cells you connect to are congested, it can be bad. Calls and texts usually always work.

Round trip (ping) latency is higher than regular cell service. That can make it poor for gaming.

Data speed on the hotspot is throttled to 5 Mbps. My experience was that the upload speed that goes with that was 1 Mbps or less, sometimes much less. The hotspot may not work for video conferencing that a lot of people have to do these days.

I had no problems. It worked well for $25 a month when I had it. I quit because I don't really need unlimited everything. Other plans are much less expensive than even $25/mo. for my low use.

No additional taxes and fees is nice.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Visible
    Feedback Score
    Where i live Verizon works fine. I have home internet so hotspot isn’t really a necessity. Just trying to see if the lower cost is worth staying with visible if the speeds aren’t much faster on Verizon prepaid compared to visible.

Feedback Score
    I just got the sim via fedex. Still pondering to leave Vz prepaid for Visible. Decisions!

Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    I had no problems. It worked well for $25 a month when I had it. I quit because I don't really need unlimited everything. Other plans are much less expensive than even $25/mo. for my low use.

No additional taxes and fees is nice.
    What service did you go with? I want to leave Tracfone due to their lack of customer support but like you, I don't need unlimited everything. If Tracfone could get my problems with VoLTE figured out I'd be happy.
    Roadtrip

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by roadtrip View Post
    What service did you go with? I want to leave Tracfone due to their lack of customer support but like you, I don't need unlimited everything. If Tracfone could get my problems with VoLTE figured out I'd be happy.
    I switched back to Tracfone on a HSN bundle - $65 for a Moto E6 with 1200 each talk, text, data MB for a year. That's hard to beat if one doesn't mind a phone like the E6. It works fine for me. I'm not a phone snob. I've had horrible cheap phones before. The E6 is much better than that.

I have not had any problem with Verizon VoLTE with Tracfone on Moto phones. I don't know about VoLTE on AT&T or T-Mobile service. I have heard that AT&T is very picky about which phones work with their VoLTE.

Good luck

Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Thanks bobdevnul. I think the problem is when I started with TFW I had a HSN bundle with an LG smartphone (not LTE back then). When I changed phones to one that is LTE they must not have changed my account from non LTE to LTE compatible. I'll wait until Verizon shuts down the old cell service and see what happens.

Feedback Score
    ........................ When I changed phones to one that is LTE they must not have changed my account from non LTE to LTE compatible. I'll wait until Verizon shuts down the old cell service and see what happens.
    What phone are you referencing ? A phone being LTE in itself does not mean VoLTE ability.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    iPhone SE 1st gen that is VoLTE capable.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I wanted to mention that the Apple manual states that the phone is VoLTE capable if the carrier offers it. Tracfone has activated it several times but they turn it off when I add minutes to the phone. It takes about 100 to 300 minutes of talks with different reps to get VoLTE turned on again.

Feedback Score
    I wanted to mention that the Apple manual states that the phone is VoLTE capable if the carrier offers it. Tracfone has activated it several times but they turn it off when I add minutes to the phone. It takes about 100 to 300 minutes of talks with different reps to get VoLTE turned on again.
    Have you tried transferring your service to a new SIM. That is what used to take care of getting VoLTE.

Some times I would prefer old style cell voice. The horrible quality discourages people from talking too long. ;~>

Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I’ve tried many new SIM cards with no change in results. I add minutes and lose VoLTE. Trying to get it back is an exercise in frustration. I haven’t tried switching from a TFW Verizon SIM to AT&T SIM because I don’t trust TFW to switch my service from one to the other without screwing things up. The only reason I stay with TFW is because I don’t talk on the phone much and they’re my cheapest option. My phone has been on VoLTE multiple times until I add minutes or days, then TFW turns it off again. Maybe I should just go back to a landline for home and a CB or ham radio for traveling....

Device(s)
    s8/s8+/Nexus5x
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kingc View Post
    I just got the sim via fedex. Still pondering to leave Vz prepaid for Visible. Decisions!
    My issue is the damn loyalty discount... if you leave and come back you loose out, unless there are port in promos and that is if they accept Visible

Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Visible
    Feedback Score
    See for me i had the loyalty discount and had autopay with calling mart. I don’t use much data so for me to be on the cheapest Verizon plan it would be like 4.00 more to be on Verizon prepaid after i get the loyalty discount back. So for me i don’t think it makes sense to switch back to Verizon prepaid since data speeds are good for me as well as my ping is under 100 most of the time.

Feedback Score
    I left tmobile post paid for visible. For $25 a month it's amazing.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast