iPhone 12 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Nokia 2720 V Flip Phone Coming to Verizon

Name:  2720vflip.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  30.8 KB

Nokia is bringing the 2720 V Flip to the US via Verizon. The "smart feature phone" running KaiOS comes with 4G and Google Assistant and will be available on May 20th for $79.99.

Info and full specs at Nokia

Via: Nokiamob.net

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Frail,

I have the Nokia 2720 (European version) and really like the phone. Two of the best features are 1) it is dual sim and 2) it has mobile hotspot capability. The European version of the 2720 is dual sim: one nano sim and one micro sim. I see that the Nokia 2720 V lists dual nano sims, which means it has been changed/updated(?) from the European version.

I also have the new Nokia 6300 (US version) that is very similar to the Nokia 2720. Both use KaiOS.

I'm waiting to see what the network specs are for the Nokia 2720 V. The website currently only lists the European and Middle East versions network specs.

Eric

Device(s)
    iPhone 12 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    While it's not something I could use as a primary phone, I've always had a soft spot for Nokia since I became a fan in the early 2000's, so I'm considering picking one of these up to play around with.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone SE , Sony Ericsson TM-506
    Carrier(s)
    Consumer Cellular , Airvoice Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by frail View Post
    While it's not something I could use as a primary phone, I've always had a soft spot for Nokia since I became a fan in the early 2000's, so I'm considering picking one of these up to play around with.
    I picked up the retro 3310 a few years ago cuz it was a cheap "can't find my phone" phone. I've had a couple of Nokias in the past (another flip they did for Verizon years ago; can't remember the model number) and an E73 and really liked them both. I liked the 3310, too, but, yeah, if you're used to a full synthetic keyboard for texting and a decent camera, it's hard to use one of these retro models for any length of time. Loved the feel of it in my hand, though. I wish them well with this one.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fv22652 View Post
    Frail,

I have the Nokia 2720 (European version) and really like the phone. Two of the best features are 1) it is dual sim and 2) it has mobile hotspot capability. The European version of the 2720 is dual sim: one nano sim and one micro sim. I see that the Nokia 2720 V lists dual nano sims, which means it has been changed/updated(?) from the European version...
    You can bet the US VZW version will not be dual SIM.
    I will be Judged on how I helped the poor, sick & others in need; strangers & loved ones alike.

Visible (Verizon) UTT & Unlimited Data $25/mo
    Liberty Wireless (T-Mobile) UTT 07.26.21
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.05.22
    Truphone (AT&T) every 180 days by 07.04.21

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I checked with Verizon chat the other day on the specs of the Nokia 2720V. The guy on the other end of the chat didn't know anything about the phone: dual sim? network specs? The only thing he could tell me is that I could buy it for full price, but it would be locked to Verizon for 60 days AND after 60 days of the phone being on Verizon service would it be unlocked. No thank you.

Eric

Device(s)
    iPhone 12 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fv22652 View Post
    I checked with Verizon chat the other day on the specs of the Nokia 2720V. The guy on the other end of the chat didn't know anything about the phone: dual sim? network specs? The only thing he could tell me is that I could buy it for full price, but it would be locked to Verizon for 60 days AND after 60 days of the phone being on Verizon service would it be unlocked. No thank you.

Eric
    Verizon's history and track record with Nokia has always been terrible. Back when Nokia was in its prime AT&T was my go-to carrier.