Thread: Ebay's Tracfone airtime cards

Feedback Score

Ebay's Tracfone airtime cards

Couple questions about the TF airtime cards sold on ebay:

1. I noticed that the cards are different from the ones sold on tracfone.com - example - the $15 card on ebay has less minutes - https://www.ebay.com/itm/283104149181. Has it always been this way?

2. Are there any problems with using the ebay cards for activating TF service?

3. Does ebay send out physical cards? (Or ePIN like Walmart does?)

4. Anything else to be aware of, about the ebay airtime cards?

5. Do we know if the 90-day Basic card that sells for $20 is acceptable for activating a smartphone?

Thank you so much for any help with these!

Device(s)
    LG Q7+, LG Journey, LG Stylo 4+
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    1. I don't know if it's an old card or a mistake, but why takes a chance? Buy it on TF web site to get 500/500/500. If you have a Target Red Card, buy it online at Target.com for 5% off, delivered by email in about 10 minutes.
    2. You can use Ebay cards, physical cards from local stores, or email-delivered cards to activate a new line.
    3. According to the Q&A for that item, it's a physical card.
    4. N/A.
    5. I used a 90-day Basic card bought on Target.com for $19 (5% off, and no taxes/fees) to activate a new line last month.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    If you purchased the old card, Tracfone automatically gave the latest airtime. But what if they do not? There may be no proof of this policy.
    There used to be two airtime listings... one for e-mail delivery and another for mail delivery. No one has asked about this for a very long time.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    1. If you have a Target Red Card, buy it online at Target.com for 5% off, delivered by email in about 10 minutes.

5. I used a 90-day Basic card bought on Target.com for $19 (5% off, and no taxes/fees) to activate a new line last month.
    Thanks for the info! Good to know you were able to successfully activate a smartphone with a Basic card. Was it a physical card?

I don't have a Target store close enough to buy a physical card, so will have to get it delivered by email. Is the process different if it is an emailed card?

Thanks.

Device(s)
    LG Q7+, LG Journey, LG Stylo 4+
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sillyette View Post
    Good to know you were able to successfully activate a smartphone with a Basic card. Was it a physical card?

I don't have a Target store close enough to buy a physical card, so will have to get it delivered by email. Is the process different if it is an emailed card?
    I ordered the card on Target.com . About 10 minutes later, they emailed a link to download the card image below. The 15-digit PIN is similar to the PIN that you scratch off on a physical card. When I activated the new line, TF site asked me to enter the time card PIN, and it worked the same as if the PIN came from a physical card.

Name:  Tracfone--Card-from-Target.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  41.3 KB

Feedback Score
    Thanks, hpham.

Feedback Score
    Have purchased Tracfone cards on e/bay from private sellers.

The last one. Got a call from Tracfone security. The card was valid but was purchased (the seller) from a stolen credit card.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by unit731 View Post
    Have purchased Tracfone cards on e/bay from private sellers.

The last one. Got a call from Tracfone security. The card was valid but was purchased (the seller) from a stolen credit card.
    I think the moral here is only buy cards or sims from the “Tracfone” ebay store.

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sillyette View Post
    2. Are there any problems with using the ebay cards for activating TF service?

3. Does ebay send out physical cards? (Or ePIN like Walmart does?)
    Just a reminder, eBay doesn't sell anything. It's a place for others to sell to you. Like a flea market. You buy from the individuals setup there not the market.

So there are no "eBay" cards and eBay doesn't send anything.

Some sellers send PINs and some ship physical "cards" (which could be a bit of paper with a PIN written/printed on it).

The answer to both of your questions depends in the seller you purchase from.