Thread: Question about iPhone SE on TF web site

Device(s)
    LG Q7+, LG Journey, LG Stylo 4+
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score

Question about iPhone SE on TF web site

I don't know anything about iPhones. Is this TF iPhone SE on TF web site the same model/version as this TF iPhone SE on Bestbuy.com ? If so, why is TF selling it cheaper? even with a required $30 time card, it's still $60 cheaper than at Best Buy.

Feedback Score
    Tracfone frequently offers better pricing when purchased direct from the website instead of from 3rd party vendor. (Of course, sometimes the opposite is true.)
    Yes, it's the same phone.
    My Tello referral code is P3BSR5HV, and gets both of us 10 Tello Dollars to pay for a plan.
    https://tello.com/account/register?_referral=P3BSR5HV

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    I don't know anything about iPhones. Is this TF iPhone SE on TF web site the same model/version as this TF iPhone SE on Bestbuy.com ? If so, why is TF selling it cheaper? even with a required $30 time card, it's still $60 cheaper than at Best Buy.
    Yes, same phone.

Why? Who knows?

Feedback Score
    Cricket has sold that phone for as low as $49 (I bought it at that price) with only a $60 plan purchase (it's now up to $120), and Cricket unlocks after 6 months. Of course, Cricket plans start at $30/month while we know TracFone has many cheaper options to maintain service. So pros and cons based on what you need the iPhone for.

Device(s)
    LG Q7+, LG Journey, LG Stylo 4+
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pitflyer View Post
    So pros and cons based on what you need the iPhone for.
    I'm thinking about getting it with points and resell it. I don't use Apple products.

Feedback Score
    Yeah. Someone else suggested that to me saying you can trade it into Apple and then resell the gift card. May be better options. I know when I got my second phone from Cricket I traded that as is to Amazon for a $200 gift card but that price had plummeted since then.

I am also not an iPhoner but for a little bit was having more luck with the Tracfone app on it. Now of course it sucks for everyone

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    I'm thinking about getting it with points and resell it. I don't use Apple products.
    I got the iphone SE with points. I'd never had an iphone before. At first I was frustrated with figuring out how to do some things to set it up and resisted the urge to just sell it right then. I have learned more about it now and I like it more. I really like the small size. It's not easy to find a small quality phone these days.

I'm not ready to move my main TF number and service to the SE. I did activate the SE and will load it up with 60 minute cards from rewards points so I can unlock it in a year. It may be more useful to me later on. And it does have an amazing camera too.