Thread: Best way to handle the missing comma on the iPhone without opening Control Center?

Feedback Score

Best way to handle the missing comma on the iPhone without opening Control Center?

This Tracfone iPhone SE2 is my very first iPhone. Never used an iPhone before, just Androids.

A few things about the iPhone frustrate me no end. The biggest frustration is the lack of a comma on the iPhone's keypad. I tried the solution I found on Google (long-press 123, slide over to the comma, let go) - but it doesn't work well. I end up opening the Control Center.

How do you veteran iPhone users handle the comma? Any tips?

The other thing is the lack of a "close all windows" or "clear all" button, something I have gotten very used to on Android phones. It is frustrating to have so many app windows open all the time on the iPhone, or having to scroll through all the open apps to find the one I want. Is there any solution to that?

Thank you for any help!!

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S21 5G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I did a Google search and found this:

Tap the 123 button, the comma is the second button from the left on the bottom row. Tap ABC to get back to the letters.
    Just another day in paradise.....

Feedback Score

Best way to handle the missing comma on the iPhone without opening Control Center?

Quote Originally Posted by sillyette View Post
    This Tracfone iPhone SE2 is my very first iPhone. Never used an iPhone before, just Androids.

A few things about the iPhone frustrate me no end. The biggest frustration is the lack of a comma on the iPhone's keypad. I tried the solution I found on Google (long-press 123, slide over to the comma, let go) - but it doesn't work well. I end up opening the Control Center.

The other thing is the lack of a "close all windows" or "clear all" button, something I have gotten very used to on Android phones. It is frustrating to have so many app windows open all the time on the iPhone, or having to scroll through all the open apps to find the one I want. Is there any solution to that?

Thank you for any help!!
    You really don’t need to close apps on the iPhone since the iPhone does a great job managing the memory Apps are allowed to use.

Double-clicking the home button shows all open apps but they are sorted so you find your most recent ones. To find an app not used recently you will need to return to the Home Screen or App Library to open it.

The commas grouped on the 123 with other punctuation. Give it some time and you will get used to it.

Think of it like a Tesla. It’s all designed and figured out for you already. You don’t want to try and change the oil or the spark plugs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tekfranz View Post
    ...Think of it like a Tesla. It’s all designed and figured out for you already. You don’t want to try and change the oil or the spark plugs...
    Or think of it as there's only 1 way to do things & it's not your way.
    I will be Judged on how I helped the poor, sick & others in need; strangers & loved ones alike.

Visible (Verizon) UTT & Unlimited Data $25/mo
    Liberty Wireless (T-Mobile) UTT 07.26.21
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.05.22
    Truphone (AT&T) every 180 days by 07.04.21

Device(s)
    LG Q7+, LG Journey, LG Stylo 4+
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Think of it like a Tesla. It’s all designed and figured out for you already.
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    Or think of it as there's only 1 way to do things & it's not your way.
    That's the main reason I don't like/use Apple products. Being a retired IT guy, I want to do things my way, not what Mother Apple thinks is the best way for me.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    You really don’t need to close apps on the iPhone since the iPhone does a great job managing the memory Apps are allowed to use.

Double-clicking the home button shows all open apps but they are sorted so you find your most recent ones. To find an app not used recently you will need to return to the Home Screen or App Library to open it.

The commas grouped on the 123 with other punctuation. Give it some time and you will get used to it.

Think of it like a Tesla. It’s all designed and figured out for you already. You don’t want to try and change the oil or the spark plugs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I know there's no need to close apps, but I hate the clutter of having too many apps open.

Just to add, since it might not be obvious, but once you double click to get all the open apps, swipe up on each to close it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sillyette View Post
    This Tracfone iPhone SE2 is my very first iPhone....

\
    Perhaps the solution is simply to lower your standards for proper grammar, sentence structure, and punctuation. (Said mostly in jest, as I struggle internally with my inclination for proper use against the awkward problem of doing it correctly on cellphone text entry, even on Android.)
    My Tello referral code is P3BSR5HV, and gets both of us 10 Tello Dollars to pay for a plan.
    https://tello.com/account/register?_referral=P3BSR5HV

Feedback Score
    You can install a 3rd party keyboard that may be more to your liking. Google's Gboard is one example.

Feedback Score
    I recently got my first iphone using the Rewards Points. I got the iphone SE. I really like the small size, it's hard to find a small quality phone these days. (I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S7 as my main phone right now, I still like the S7 a lot.) Setting it up I was frustrated at first and resisted the urge to immediately put it up on ebay.

I have figured most things out now. I installed itunes on my PC and loaded my music mp3 files. I'm getting used to the keyboard but may do as mrpuny suggests and load a different keyboard.

I have not moved my main service from the S7 to the Iphone yet. I did activate the iphone and will load it with service from rewards and unlock it in 12 months. I may use the iphone on some other service in the future.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Doing the hold on 123 and slide actually works pretty well once you get used to it. I was in the same position you are when I got my first iPhone se a couple years ago. It was total culture shock after using android for a decade, but after an adoption period I find I can use it just as efficiently now. Try going slowly at first and you'll pick it up pretty quickly.