Thread: Rogers attitude

Feedback Score

Rogers attitude

Been an almost 12 year Rogers customer and am about 7 months from the end of my contract. This is about when I start investigating what’s out there as to devices and contract promotions. Over two years you spend a not inconsiderable a out of money so it pays to be informed. Plus I usually get a flagship device. It’s been my past experience when one has been a long term customer here and never missed a monthly bill payment they aggressively find promotions to retain you.

This time it seems like Rogers has zero interest in keeping my business.

Curious if others are experiencing this attitude.

May be time to look at another provider which would be sad as I’ve been very pleased with Rogers over all these years. Till now.

Any responses would be appreciated.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dbw1 View Post
    Been an almost 12 year Rogers customer and am about 7 months from the end of my contract. This is about when I start investigating what’s out there as to devices and contract promotions. Over two years you spend a not inconsiderable a out of money so it pays to be informed. Plus I usually get a flagship device. It’s been my past experience when one has been a long term customer here and never missed a monthly bill payment they aggressively find promotions to retain you.

May be time to look at another provider which would be sad as I’ve been very pleased with Rogers over all these years. Till now.

Are you looking 7 months in advance for the best deal?
    Disclaimer: All my posts, replies, comments and/or opinions expressed on www.howardforums.com are my own contribution only. The views expressed on this page do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of Fido, its management or employees.
    Fritz Z24...

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S21 5G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Personally I don't know Roger or anything about his attitude.

In all seriousness, you are replaceable as a customer. Even though I have shopped at the same grocery store or gas station for several years, I don't get any special incentives/discounts from them in an attempt to keep my business. My community power company threatened to shut off my power today because my payment was one day overdue, even though I have routinely paid my bill to them without fail since 2007.

They owe you nothing outside your regular service as a paying customer. Yes, you might start looking to use a different provider if you are not happy.
    Just another day in paradise.....

Feedback Score
    Fritz, It has not been uncommon to been able to renew early without penalty. I’ve had good luck doing this. Usually I start inside of 6 months to go but Rogers has been having some interesting device promotions the last week or so.

Feedback Score
    Serial Port. Sorry to hear about your success rate with incentives/discounts. I’ve usually done pretty good. Vehicles, cell service, business class no charge upgrades when traveling till retirement and airline travel stopped. There can be more than a few unpublished incentives.... sounds like you have quite the utility company.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPad 8th Gen, MacBook Pro mid-2012 13”, Apple TV 4.
    Carrier(s)
    ROGERS
    Feedback Score

Tell them what you’d like. I’m a BYOD customer so I have zero obligations to them, yet I was able to get pretty sweet deals!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TwitchyPuppy View Post
    Tell them what you’d like. I’m a BYOD customer so I have zero obligations to them, yet I was able to get pretty sweet deals!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I called back this afternoon, got a different sales rep, someone who worked with me and I think we have a package put together that will work.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPad 8th Gen, MacBook Pro mid-2012 13”, Apple TV 4.
    Carrier(s)
    ROGERS
    Feedback Score
    I called back this afternoon, got a different sales rep, someone who worked with me and I think we have a package put together that will work.
    Oh, nice! I’m glad to hear that

Sent from my iPhone 12 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    The end of this story..... The rep that I was working with said they'd call me back. Never happened. Attempts to contact this individual were unsuccessful. Subsequent reps were less than helpful. After almost 12 years with Rogers I went to another carrier. They had the device i wanted, a plan that worked and wanted my business.

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score

Rogers attitude

Your experience with Rogers is a complete 180 from mine. For me, Rogers’ customer service has been far better than the service I used to get from Bell and the service I currently get from Telus.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by toolcube View Post
    Your experience with Rogers is a complete 180 from mine. For me, Rogers’ customer service has been far better than the service I used to get from Bell and the service I currently get from Telus.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    Yes, I was surprised. In the past they have treated me well. if they hadn't I would not have stayed this length of time with them, My experience has been that it gets down to what person answers the Rogers phone. This time after multiple calls I could not get the right person. At the end of the day what it gets down to is I am the customer and if I take exception to perceived treatment received then I will vote with my wallet.

Glad your experience continues to be good.