Thread: Tracfone Account Strangeness

Feedback Score

Tracfone Account Strangeness

Anyone noticed unusual activity with your TF account? A week or two ago I noticed an inactive phone show up in my account as well as the text bucket on one phone had doubled. The inactive phone appeared to be an old CDMA phone from the original BYOP days. I just removed it. The text balance is still doubled.

Yesterday, my brother got one of those "We want you back" mailers. He had not deactivated anything so I suggested he log into his account and see if anything looked wonky. Sure enough, he had 5 new inactive phones.

Device(s)
    LG Q7+, LG Journey, LG Stylo 4+
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    I just checked my 4 TF accounts and didn't see any strange inactive phones. Are the 5 inactive phones in your brother's account totally "strangers", or were resurrected from past history?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    I just checked my 4 TF accounts and didn't see any strange inactive phones. Are the 5 inactive phones in your brother's account totally "strangers", or were resurrected from past history?
    Hard to tell for sure but they appear to have appeared like 5 Phoenix rising from the ashes.

Feedback Score
    Yes, Tracfone is having one of their brainstorms. Apparently, they are updating something. Accounts being dredged up from somewhere and reappearing as either deactivated, or deactivated and then reactivated/updated.

The reactivated T-Mobile accounts are tending to get double texts.

I guess there is a new database format and old accounts are being reformatted.

One of my phones showed up one day as deactivated and then as updated several times (I guess to get it right, sigh).

The phone appeared in the account as deactivated and active simultaneously. Each entry had its own history, so you could see what was going on.

I eventually deleted the inactive entry because it was bugging me.

Device(s)
    LG Q7+, LG Journey, LG Stylo 4+
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cv91913 View Post
    Hard to tell for sure but they appear to have appeared like 5 Phoenix rising from the ashes.
    TF might have restored some databases on their system. It's similar to when an owner restores his computer files from backup copies and chooses "keep" instead of "replace" files with same name, ending up with multiple old files and current files. Just my speculation.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisme View Post
    Yes, Tracfone is having one of their brainstorms. Apparently, they are updating something. Accounts being dredged up from somewhere and reappearing as either deactivated, or deactivated and then reactivated/updated.

The reactivated T-Mobile accounts are tending to get double texts.

I guess there is a new database format and old accounts are being reformatted.

One of my phones showed up one day as deactivated and then as updated several times (I guess to get it right, sigh).

The phone appeared in the account as deactivated and active simultaneously. Each entry had its own history, so you could see what was going on.

I eventually deleted the inactive entry because it was bugging me.
    Yup, I figured it was some sort of database "clean up". The sim that got the double texts was a T-Mobile sim.

Device(s)
    A71 5G, Pixel 3aXL/4a5G, Moto E6/G7 Power/Z3 Play/G6 Play
    Carrier(s)
    H2O, TMO, Xfinity, PagePlus, TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cv91913 View Post
    Yup, I figured it was some sort of database "clean up". The sim that got the double texts was a T-Mobile sim.
    Same here. I have TracFone lines on all 3 carriers. Only the T-Mobile one had double texts. Too bad it didn't get double data or airtime, instead.

Device(s)
    motoGplay AT&T , Verizon
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Funny you should say that, mframe...added a 500 card to my wife's phone and got confirmation. Checked that i was added thru the TF app, everything checked. Later , for kicks I checked the totals on fastact portal and total minutes had tripled from 1700 to 5400. I just figured, duh, tracfone. Checked an hour later and got "down for maintenance "and that continued thru the evening....again, trafone.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gmannix View Post
    .....Later , for kicks I checked the totals on fastact portal and total minutes had tripled from 1700 to 5400. I just figured, duh, tracfone. Checked an hour later and got "down for maintenance "and that continued thru the evening....again, trafone.
    How recently did fastactportal work for you? I've been getting the site busy or experiencing delays message for the last five or six days. Thanks.