Thread: Mix&Match Plans

Feedback Score

Mix&Match Plans

I have a fairly old FIOS Double Play plan now - FIOS 75/75 and a Digital Voice landline. I'm in NY and am paying roughly $93 a month after taxes and fees.

They offered to me switch to a Mix&Match plan. Basically, they'd upgrade me to gigabit Internet and I'd keep my landline for slightly less than I'm paying now. Would all come to about $91 - $89.99 for the Internet and phone (taxes and fees INCLUDED) and a small amount in taxes for the equipment.

I have a few questions for anybody who actually has this plan, or someone on the inside at Verizon who can verify.

1) Are taxes and fees truly included?

2) They said they'd waive the $149 fee to come and upgrade my ONT. Mine is 10 years old and needs to be upgraded to support gigabit. Anything to be aware of with the new ONT? Would it be an ethernet connection like I have now? (I don't have TV and am not getting it)

3) Are there any other gotchas to be aware of? Fees they're conveniently not telling me about? Anything?

4) They said if I go without equipment, it would be $10 less ($79.99). I assume they're referring to a router. I don't use their router now - I have a TP_Link Archer C4000 so I'm assuming I wouldn't need their router - I could continue using mine. Is that right? (I have a Quantum gateway router I dumbed down to an access point that I get for free that they said would continue to be free)

Does this all sound legit? Anything to ask about specifically? It sounds like a pretty decent deal but I'm a bit skeptical.

Thanks.
    Last edited by ftres; 05-25-2021 at 06:52 PM.

Feedback Score
    Make sure that what they are offering is not a promo rate that will go way up in 6 months or a year.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    Make sure that what they are offering is not a promo rate that will go way up in 6 months or a year.
    They said this is not a contact price. It's the price it will remain until there's a price change. So it's not promotional but not guaranteed at all. I'm wary of that but am out of a contract now anyway, so they could raise me now too.