Thread: Victimized by Tracfone and their Rewards program?

Device(s)
    Pixel 3 & 3a, iPhone SE (2020)
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score

Victimized by Tracfone and their Rewards program?

If you used a referral code and were later victimized by Tracfone 1) taking away your referral points with no valid justification, or 2) your points just disappeared, or 3) you were the victim of their website bug and never got the points you were suppose to get then I recommend:

1. Don't try to get your problem resolved through standard support. They are unwilling and/or incapable of resolving problems such as these. All reports are that this was a waste of time.

2. Write a review here: https://www.bbb.org/us/fl/miami/prof...-0633-21000362

3. File a complaint here (you may want to wait to see if you get a response from #4 first): https://www.bbb.org/us/fl/miami/prof...-0633-21000362

4. Write to Tracfone per their dispute resolution. See below for section 10 of the terms of their rewards program.

5. Take screenshots of your points when the point value changes so you have records.

10. DISPUTE RESOLUTION

Most customer concerns can be resolved quickly and to the customer’s satisfaction by contacting Customer Care at (877) 878-7908. Before taking any formal action, You agree to first contact us in writing and provide a description of your dispute, all relevant documents, and your proposed resolution. If we are unable to resolve your dispute within thirty (30) days of your notice to us, you agree to submit your dispute to binding arbitration or small claims court as set forth in this provision. Please forward your dispute to TracFone Wireless, Inc., Attn: Legal Department-Consumer Claims, 9700 NW 112 Avenue, Miami, FL 33178.
    Tracfone BBB Complaint Response: A Tracfone representative told me that posting a referral code around on Internet forums and social media is a violation of the terms. The referral program is for referring known friends and family.

Feedback Score
    What do you think is causing TF to be so heavy handed with removing points? Is there actual fraud going on?

Feedback Score
    I always wondered if there were spiffs for TF CSRs acting heavy handed.

From a pat on the back & a smile from a supervisor, a laugh with other CSRs, a $.50 or $1 spiff (i.e. foreign country CSRs-low wages), more hours or preferential hours etc.
    I will be Judged on how I helped the poor, sick & others in need; strangers & loved ones alike.

Visible (Verizon) UTT & Unlimited Data $25/mo
    Liberty Wireless (T-Mobile) UTT 07.26.21
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.05.22
    Truphone (AT&T) every 180 days by 07.04.21

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by phonetower135 View Post
    What do you think is causing TF to be so heavy handed with removing points? Is there actual fraud going on?
    The problems are Tracfone's own fault.

They roll out half-baked promotions of various kinds that have problems from the get-go. Bad programming leading to unintended consequences.

Then the flaws are circulated on forums, and it's off to the races.

It takes quite a while before the company seems to notice or do anything.

Then they just do whatever they want to whomever they want. The CSRs might have a quota, don't know.

Feedback Score
    Thank you for posting this and best of luck getting a acceptable resolution.

I was part of #3, the website bug that didn't give points upon activating a line.

I returned the phone/service time per ebay's 30 day return policy and left them negative feedback.

I will take my money elsewhere, not that they care.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by phonetower135 View Post
    My theory is that they realized their rewards program is too generous and they are making points vanish, especially on accounts with a lot of referrals/points, in order to try to save money, using any "excuse" they can (valid or not) or no excuse at all. The terms basically say they can do whatever they want if accounts show signs of "suspicious" activity... so you can guess what they are probably doing. Again, this is only my suspicion; I really have no idea, but I think it is a logical theory.

And exactly what Lisme said too... much of this is Tracfone's own making with their incompetent roll-out of the rewards programs and all the bugs in their system.

Feedback Score
    I was wondering if some of the points that are taken away might be from other people using your referral number and then maybe not keeping the service active for the 60 days it takes for the points to finish pending. Most of my referrals are within my own TF accounts I set up for my various phones. A couple of other random people used my code, one recently. I will see if the points finish pending.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by eohippus View Post
    I was wondering if some of the points that are taken away might be from other people using your referral number and then maybe not keeping the service active for the 60 days it takes for the points to finish pending. Most of my referrals are within my own TF accounts I set up for my various phones. A couple of other random people used my code, one recently. I will see if the points finish pending.
    It's possible that is the case for some of the points for some people, but when points from 10 referrals spread out over a month or two suddenly disappear in one day, it doesn't add up.

And one person I referred told me his points from using my code were deducted. He wasn't happy. I can only assume Tracfone thought all these referrals were "suspicious" and decided to save a ton of money and undo them. If Tracfone took back all the points from 10 of my referrals over the last couple of months, then 10 people plus myself got screwed.... let's see... that's 120,000 plus 80,000 points... that's 200,000 total points... so they "saved" themselves about $2000 worth of points assuming they undid 10 legitimate referrals. And this was all done suddenly, in one day.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    A couple things to add to this now.

1. The BBB told me that you can't do both a review and a complaint... so choose carefully which one you want to do.

2. It looks like BBB complaints do get a response from Tracfone and, as of now, my account has my points back. Someone from Tracfone called me and implied that her job was to handle BBB complaints.

Device(s)
    LG Q7+, LG Journey, LG Stylo 4+
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Common Sense Al View Post
    2. It looks like BBB complaints do get a response from Tracfone and, as of now, my account has my points back. Someone from Tracfone called me and implied that her job was to handle BBB complaints.
    That's what most people who filed a BBB complaint about TF said. The BBB complaint rattles TF's cage and usually someone from TF called the complainer to see how the issue could be resolved.