Thread: Lg journey on qvc

Feedback Score

Lg journey on qvc

I'm considering getting this LG Journey from QVC for $50 for my 83 year old father-in-law:

https://www.qvc.com/Tracfone-545%22-...6.html?sc=SRCH

He would probably never need to use it and just needs it for emergencies when out of the house. However, the ad never mentions service time. It includes 1500 talk/text/data, but there's no indication that it also includes 365 days of service. Does Tracfone sell phones with buckets but no service time, or is it a given that the service time is included?

Device(s)
    LG Q7+, LG Journey, LG Stylo 4+
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Such bundle typically includes 1-year service, but it's best to confirm with QVC.

If your father-in-law only uses the phone in emergencies, make sure he makes at least one call or text every 6 months. Otherwise TF will consider it "inactive" and deactivate it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jerry430 View Post
    I'm considering getting this LG Journey from QVC for $50 for my 83 year old father-in-law:

https://www.qvc.com/Tracfone-545%22-...6.html?sc=SRCH

He would probably never need to use it and just needs it for emergencies when out of the house. However, the ad never mentions service time. It includes 1500 talk/text/data, but there's no indication that it also includes 365 days of service. Does Tracfone sell phones with buckets but no service time, or is it a given that the service time is included?
    read the community Q&A at the bottom of the page, - The phone will come with 1500 minutes, 1500 texts and 1.5 GB of data. You have up to 1 year to use it. After you use all of each category, you will need to purchase more.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Days are always included with the airtime. But for a time they tested including less than 365 days on a few bundles. So the number of days should always be verified.

Device(s)
    Flip phone, Samsung J3 on Tello
    Carrier(s)
    Tello, H2O, Page Plus, Tmobile
    Feedback Score
    That LG Journey should come with a bunch of airtime for that price. Store bought Tracfones can be put on Page Plus, not 100% sure about QVC ones. PP would cost $30 a year minimum.

Kroger's website had the LG Journey for $30 without having to buy airtime card. $5 more and get a Moto E6. Just put it on PP.

If you can find a Tmobile phone, buy a $5 SIM from Textnow and you will have free voice & text forever (more or less). Just have to make a call or send text once a week to keep the number, or they give you a new number if you don't use it. You can pay $5 a year to lock in your number.

Feedback Score
    You can attempt to activate it on PP but it may say the phone is not for the network. Verizon based phones may have a better chance of activating. Go to chat and see if they can rebrand it to work on that service. I have a iPhone 6s I bought intended for Total Wireless but went to the Tracfone website put in the MEID of the device and it went just fine. No problems activating it was done in less than 8 minutes.