Thread: Prepaid SIM cards

Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Visible
    Feedback Score

Prepaid SIM cards

Does anyone know where i can get t mobile SIM cards from? Call me cheap but i feel 10.00 is a bit steep compared to Verizon and ATT prepaid who give them for free and .99 respectively.

TommyTwisted

3q9Qzf

Feedback Score
    Apple Store gives them out free. Just tell them you need it for your phone.

Also I though SIM cards are free now from T-Mobile? When they raise the support fee from $20 to $30.

Prepaid SIM is the same as postpaid SIM. There is no difference.

Device(s)
    Flip phone, Samsung J3 on Tello
    Carrier(s)
    Tello, H2O, Page Plus, Tmobile
    Feedback Score
    I went to the Tmo store and they wanted $10 also. Called c/s, begged a little and they sent me one n/c. You can probably get one for $3 on Ebay. Might as well buy a Tello SIM for $3 or watch their specials, they were free in May with $5 or better plan.

Feedback Score
    If you buy from an individual on Ebay or Amazon, make sure the expiration date is specified. All T-Mobile SIM cards become unusable after the date printed on the card, and sometimes the lowest cost sellers on Ebay are selling cards that expire in a month or 2. (The expiration date only matters for activation-- you're fine once it's activated.)
    My Tello referral code is P3BSR5HV, and gets both of us 10 Tello Dollars to pay for a plan.
    https://tello.com/account/register?_referral=P3BSR5HV

Device(s)
    LG G Stylo
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    You can probably get a SIM card for less if you get it from an MVNO that uses the T-Mobile network - like Tello, or, US Mobile ($3), etc.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S20+, REVVL 5G
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, TMobile prepaid
    Feedback Score
    I paid $3 from an ebay seller last year. When I got a 5G device, I called CS and they sent me a 5G device free of charge.

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I was looking at the E-bay sim cards and many say that you need the T-Mobile Prepaid Activation Kit to join, not just the sim card. Is that true?

I'm looking to switch from Net10 AT&T to this.

Also, how do you port using the E-bay sim? Is there a website link or do you call?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by grayson73 View Post
    I was looking at the E-bay sim cards and many say that you need the T-Mobile Prepaid Activation Kit to join, not just the sim card. Is that true?

I'm looking to switch from Net10 AT&T to this.

Also, how do you port using the E-bay sim? Is there a website link or do you call?
    The Prepaid Activation Kit used to be a thing on the old billing system. You'd get a code to enter during the setup process (not really sure why other than to add a layer of complexity and prevent random SIMs from being used). With the current billing system, any unused, non-expired SIM by itself will work for prepaid.

What I've found works the best is to activate service with a new number (use a 6-digit PIN to avoid headaches later), sign up for online account management, and then there's an option under Line Details > Change My Number to port a number in. You can do this at any time, and just need the phone number, account number, and PIN.

Device(s)
    Moto X4, Moto G6, Moto E5 Play, ZTE F160, Kyo Dura XT
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone, FreeUp, Freedompop, Tello, T-Mo Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    ecs0013, why a 6-digit PIN? Is there a problem somewhere with 4-digit PINs?

Sent from my Z5157V using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by millept View Post
    ecs0013, why a 6-digit PIN? Is there a problem somewhere with 4-digit PINs?
    There's two systems...one to place the "order" and activate (either using a SIM card you have on hand or ordering you a new SIM card) and then one to manage the account. The first one requires at least a 6-digit PIN, but the field lets you go longer. When you go to create your account to manage things, it expects a 6-digit PIN and nothing longer, so if you selected a longer one earlier, it will fail. Even if you call 611 and reset your PIN to 6 digits, it doesn't seem to work and you have to get customer service involved. It's one of those weird things that seemed to get broken recently when PINs went from only 4 digits to being at least 6.