Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Does Tracfone include other brands?

Feedback Score

Does Tracfone include other brands?

Is Total Wireless a part of Tracfone? Are there any Total Wireless discussions?

I've been trying to activate a Total Wireless iPhone for 5 days. I'm job hunting and missing important calls.

Does anyone know how I can program a Total Wireless phone? Their CS has asked me about 1,000 time to power on/off.

Sorry if this is the wrong place for Total Wireless. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 20 5G, Galaxy Note 9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Sprint,
    Feedback Score
    What are you trying to do with it? Use on total or on another carrier?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Helio Touch...

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 20 5G, Galaxy Note 9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Sprint,
    Feedback Score
    I will say though you have to have used that phone with them for 12 months before they will unlock it for use on another carrier but there are ways around that with iPhones by using a special (per say) sim card.

You have to give more details though if you want an answer.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Total Wireless is a Tracfone sister company. They sell their phones with Verizon service only. Simple Mobile sells their phones with T-Mobile service only. But the phones are capable of operating with all three providers' SIM cards. You have to know what to say to "rebrand" a phone for use with a sister company and to change the SIM for another service provider.

You cannot program the phone yourself, Total Wireless or Verizon has to do that. You really haven't given us much information about the specific problem. Activation is a multi-step process. The phone has to be set up/programmed with the phone number and then TW has to pass your airtime information along to Verizon.

Are you phoning or using chat?
    Here is the link to chat. If you do not see the RED link your browser or an extension is blocking it.
    https://www.totalwireless.com/contactus

Feedback Score
    I think you're in the right place for help: the process should be similar to Tracfone (and I think the same customer service agents might handle contacts for both brands.)

I had problems recently activating a Total Wireless line. An agent on Chat helped me out-- checked a couple of IMEI's for me, worked with me to activate it, and stuck with me until the phone was working properly-- which did take a couple of attempts on their end.
    My Tello referral code is P3BSR5HV, and gets both of us 10 Tello Dollars to pay for a plan.
    https://tello.com/account/register?_referral=P3BSR5HV

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I think this could be the same person that I asked a few questions already on Reddit.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ninja_unmatched View Post
    What are you trying to do with it? Use on total or on another carrier?

Wow, it's great to get so many replies. Yes, I asked Reddit too. I've been using MVNOs for a decade and never experienced anything like this.

I ordered an iPHone SE and plan from Total Wireless. Which apparently uses the same agents as Tracfone.

I followed all of the directions to port my number and activate the phone. I filled out a form on their website. That was on Sunday night, I believe.

On Tuesday, I got a voicemail on a different contact number (my wife's phone.) They said that the phone would be activated on June 3rd, which was Thursday. They left a "hotline" number and a "pin."

On Thursday June 3rd, my old device and carrier stopped working. I checked my Total Wireless phone and I was getting
    "Welcome to Verizon Wireless. Please hold while your call is transferred to an external operated, where you will be able to complete your call with a credit card, calling card, or via collect call. Announcement:10switch28-5"

I called Total Wireless on the "hotline number." It took me ages to figure out how to get past their automated menu. I worked with agents for hours and hours. Finally a guy at the "Corporate Office" promised me that the phone would work in 24 hours. He gave me a phone number and an extension to call, but the extension never worked. I called back 24 hours later and they told me that my ticket had been closed.

• Under device info, the phone does display my ported phone number. (I feel like that's a good thing?)
      I have 2 bars.
      Roaming is turned on.
      VoLTE is turned on.

Is there anything else I can do?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by advcomp2019 View Post
    I think this could be the same person that I asked a few questions already on Reddit.
    Wow. Cover blown, lol. Yes. Same person.

My wife uses total wireless in the same house as me. I checked a cell tower map and there are several towers nearby.
    I also drove a few miles to a spot with 4 bars and tried turning my phone on and off again.

Would it help if I drove to more metro area and called CS for help while I'm in a more metro area?

Feedback Score
    This is embarrassing, but I can't seem to get a CS on chat. I only get sales representatives that tell me they can't help me. Is it my popup blocker or something? How do I get CS on chat?

Device(s)
    LG Q7+, LG Journey, LG Stylo 4+
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    The phone shows your ported number means it's been activated and the port-in is completed. The Verizon message indicates your account has no prepaid balance to make the call. You need to add airtime to the phone. If the phone comes bundled with airtime like some Tracfones, then the bundle did not get applied.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    The phone shows your ported number means it's been activated and the port-in is completed. The Verizon message indicates your account has no prepaid balance to make the call. You need to add airtime to the phone. If the phone comes bundled with airtime like some Tracfones, then the bundle did not get applied.
    This sounds like an easy fix, then! How do I give them money and get service? :-)

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    My guess is to go to their web site www.totalwireless.com and buy a time plan for your phone. If your wife uses Total Wireless, she should be able to give you the details.

Feedback Score
    So, I logged into to Total Wireless with the email I used to open business with them and it says that there are no devices on my account?

How do I get the device, that has my phone number in its settings, which I ordered from Total Wireless, to show up in my Total Wireless account?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Looking at TW web site, it appears you should select Refill, put in your phone number, then select Buy Service Plan, using your credit card.

Feedback Score
    LOL, I'm the one that setup her phone last year. She has no clue.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast