Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: data connection issues

Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score

data connection issues

i am having a issues with my data losing connection while i am listening to streaming. I had cricket before and never lost my data connection so i know it is not a tower issue in my area. I called att pre pay tech support and they refresh my connection which usually solves the problem but the problem is it continues to happen a lot. I have to constantly refresh my connection. I never had this issue with Cricket as I said, so I was wondering, if anyone on here has any suggestions on how I can fix this issue.

Device(s)
    Moto G Stylus, Moto E4 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Liberty Wireless, FreedomPop, Red Pocket (AT&T & Verizon)
    Feedback Score
    Are you using the same phone that you had with Cricket?

Sent from my moto g stylus using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S21 5G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    What is the phone make/model? When I have that problem with my Samsung Galaxy S21, I turn Airplane mode on and back off and it usually resolves the issue while streaming Pandora. I don't know what causes the issue, only that it solves the issue for me.

FWIW: I am using T-mobile postpaid.
    Just another day in paradise.....

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Serial Port View Post
    What is the phone make/model? When I have that problem with my Samsung Galaxy S21, I turn Airplane mode on and back off and it usually resolves the issue while streaming Pandora. I don't know what causes the issue, only that it solves the issue for me.

FWIW: I am using T-mobile postpaid.
    This.^^^

I have to do this from time to time on my phone and my wife's. It also happened to my sister. Don't know why, but it seems to have started when T started rolling out 5G in my area.
    Durham, NC

Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    I am using my cricket phone which is a Motorola g7 supra. I also will will say that I have tried using a ATT branded phone and have had the same issue. I also have tried new sim cards and that has not resolved the issue either. I feel it must be something internal in ATT system but the tech support people do not know.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S21 5G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Clearly, this issue is not limited to At&t. Same issue for me with T-mobile postpaid from time to time.

Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    I am not sure what is going on. I wonder if it is the way that ATT provisions their lines. I know Cricket does not have this problem so ATT should be able to fix this issue. I just think I need someone that is really knowledge on how to go about fixing this.

Feedback Score
    I am on Red Pocket GSMA which is AT&T. I stream YouTube everyday. I have not had this problem a Galaxy S10e and S20 5G

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using HoFo mobile app

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Mint, Red Pocket
    Feedback Score
    I have the same issue on my AT&T prepaid line. I use an AT&T GoPhone as a hotspot and will lose connection multiple times a day. Irritating as heck. Never had this problem with Mint, H2O, Simple, Verizon, TMO...

Feedback Score
    I had this same issue also with att prepaid. What’s funny is I occasionally get the call issue with Verizon prepaid but att sometimes data doesn’t work until a refresh goes through. Seems like with these prepaid services can’t always win lol

Feedback Score
    I have been with AT&T prepaid for years now and just switched to the $30 per month with with 5Gig. During my years of experience I have found out to have a phone that AT&T is offering is advantageous and I have not experienced any difficulties. Just purchased on Amazon during prime day the Samsung Galaxy S21 5G with 256 Gig, which AT&T sells, for $600 unlocked only that one day for that price on Amazon. Changed the IME number to a new device on the myprepaid website and I couldn't be happier.

Feedback Score
    I've been watching this thread for a while, just to make sure my wife wasn't going to experience this issue, and so far, she hasn't.

She's been using the AT&T Prepaid $300 plan on a Pixel 3a since July, 2020.

Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    I've been watching this thread for a while, just to make sure my wife wasn't going to experience this issue, and so far, she hasn't.

She's been using the AT&T Prepaid $300 plan on a Pixel 3a since July, 2020.

I just do not understand this I have reset my network settings on my phone and still the same issue. ATT prepaid tech support has been no help. ATT tech support said to take my phone to a ATT corporate store which I did and the store said nothing is wrong with my phone. I still have my data cutting out every day and I am just frustrated because I can not get ATT to fix it.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S21 5G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    It is possible it is a local network issue and not a phone issue. It is also possible that there is a network setting feature set incorrectly in the phone or a feature code missing in the billing system.

Just curious, does turning the phone off and back on resolve the issue when you encounter the problem?

Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Serial Port View Post
    It is possible it is a local network issue and not a phone issue. It is also possible that there is a network setting feature set incorrectly in the phone or a feature code missing in the billing system.

Just curious, does turning the phone off and back on resolve the issue when you encounter the problem?

I do that and it helps but then the issues comes back again. ATT tech support said everything is good on my account and is provisioned correctly. I can say when I had Cricket I never had this issue. I used my Cricket service in the same areas where I am using my ATT prepaid service.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast