Thread: Will active Verizon prepaid acct prevent byop Verizon sim activation?

Feedback Score

Will active Verizon prepaid acct prevent byop Verizon sim activation?

I have an Iphone se 2020 purchased from Verizon with an active prepaid acct., the phone is now unlocked.

I plan on switching so I got a Net 10 byop kit to test the signal strength of the 3 carriers at my house. I activated att first, then switched to tmobile online, but got an error when I tried to activate the Verizon sim. I also get an error when I put the imei number into the compatibility checker.

Phone support is useless, talking about no towers in my area. I told them it was purchased from Verizon and is on Verizon now, they just don't hear it

Would the fact the phone is currently active on Verizon be what is keeping it from being activated with the Net10 Verizon sim?

Thanks,
    Bgc

Device(s)
    LG Q7+, LG Journey, LG Stylo 4+
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    You can't have the same IMEI ACTIVE on multiple providers that use the same carrier network at the same time, especially with Verizon. Verizon pairs the IMEI to the SIM number. Having the same IMEI paired with more than one active SIM confuses/messes up their system.

If you want to use that iPhone with Net10, you'll need to deactivate your Verizon prepaid line first. If you want to port the phone number from Verizon prepaid to Net10, then during the porting process Net10 (Tracfone) will coordinate with Verizon to deactivate the line (freeing up the IMEI) and pair the IMEI to the NET10 SIM at that time.

Feedback Score
    Thanks, not sure why they couldn't tell me that. I think they deleted my acct. I hung up on cust serv, they called me twice for a survey so I told them to stop calling me. I think I will go with redpocket, this waas just a test to discover att and tmobile have bad signal at my house.

Bgc