Thread: Use Straight Talk Phone With TracFone Service?

Device(s)
    Moto G Power 2020
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score

Use Straight Talk Phone With TracFone Service?

Is this possible?

If so what are the steps to re-brand the Straight Talk phone for TF so I can use it with my TF service?

Device(s)
    LG Q7+, LG Journey, LG Stylo 4+
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    As far as I know, it's possible, and you just need to tell the rep that it's a Straight Talk phone but you want to activate it on Tracfone.

Device(s)
    Moto G Power 2020
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    As far as I know, it's possible, and you just need to tell the rep that it's a Straight Talk phone but you want to activate it on Tracfone.
    Thank you.

Feedback Score
    I have a Net 10 phone that is now activated with Tracfone service. I had a rep on TF website chat help me to activate it on Tracfone.

Device(s)
    Moto G Power 2020
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by eohippus View Post
    I have a Net 10 phone that is now activated with Tracfone service. I had a rep on TF website chat help me to activate it on Tracfone.
    Thank you!
    Did you just tell the rep you had a Net 10 phone you wanted to activate on TracFone?
    Do I need to leave the phone turned off until I chat with a TF rep?
    Could I take the sim card out of the phone before I turn it on so I can check the phone out? Then turn it off and put sim back in before I contact TF CS.

Device(s)
    LG Q7+, LG Journey, LG Stylo 4+
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NanaC View Post
    Could I take the sim card out of the phone before I turn it on so I can check the phone out? Then turn it off and put sim back in before I contact TF CS.
    There's no harm in removing the SIM, turn it on, load apps/contacts/calendar, and test it out using WiFi, camera, apps, even making Google Voice calls via WiFi, then put the SIM back for activation with a cell phone provider. Actually, removing the SIM is just extra precaution and not really necessary.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NanaC View Post
    Thank you!
    Did you just tell the rep you had a Net 10 phone you wanted to activate on TracFone?
    Do I need to leave the phone turned off until I chat with a TF rep?
    It was a few years ago, but yes, I told the rep that it was a Net 10 phone and I wanted to activate it on Tracfone service.

If you want to play with the phone on wifi, it might be a good idea to take the SIM out before turning it on for the first time. That is something that I would do.

Then when you want to activate it ask the TF rep when is a good time to put the SIM back in. Make sure not to lose the original SIM. When I had the Net 10 phone the rep wanted me to use the Net 10 SIM that came with the phone, not a TF BYOP SIM that I was thinking of using.

Device(s)
    Moto G Power 2020
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by eohippus View Post
    It was a few years ago, but yes, I told the rep that it was a Net 10 phone and I wanted to activate it on Tracfone service.

If you want to play with the phone on wifi, it might be a good idea to take the SIM out before turning it on for the first time. That is something that I would do.

Then when you want to activate it ask the TF rep when is a good time to put the SIM back in. Make sure not to lose the original SIM. When I had the Net 10 phone the rep wanted me to use the Net 10 SIM that came with the phone, not a TF BYOP SIM that I was thinking of using.
    Thanks for the info, much appreciated!
    Only reason I'm thinking about doing it this way is I'm thinking about getting the Moto G Stylus 2021 and Straight Talk's is $20 cheaper than TracFone's plus I can buy it at Walmart.

Device(s)
    LG phones, Motorola, ZTE, occasional Alcatel
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    My current primary TF is this Moto e6 that I got at Walmart, but it was a Straight Talk e6. I started a chat and asked to activate it on TF. At activation the TF chat rep transferred my airtime from a Moto e5 that had issues. The e6 has been working fine on TF.

I tried rebranding a different Straight Talk phone but that didn't work out. It was an LG Fiesta. Its SIM deactivated suddenly and I transferred the account to a TF branded LG Solo.

Usually I set up a phone before activation. I remove the SIM to stop it from trying to activate before I'm ready. Then after I finish deleting and adding apps, changing my Google and mobile network settings to reduce data use, I reinsert the SIM and activate.

Sent from my moto e6 (XT2005DL) using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Moto G Power 2020
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WheelieBoot View Post
    My current primary TF is this Moto e6 that I got at Walmart, but it was a Straight Talk e6. I started a chat and asked to activate it on TF. At activation the TF chat rep transferred my airtime from a Moto e5 that had issues. The e6 has been working fine on TF.

I tried rebranding a different Straight Talk phone but that didn't work out. It was an LG Fiesta. Its SIM deactivated suddenly and I transferred the account to a TF branded LG Solo.

Usually I set up a phone before activation. I remove the SIM to stop it from trying to activate before I'm ready. Then after I finish deleting and adding apps, changing my Google and mobile network settings to reduce data use, I reinsert the SIM and activate.

Sent from my moto e6 (XT2005DL) using HoFo mobile app
    Thanks for the reply. I've decided to go with a TF branded Moto G Stylus 2021. Good to know a ST will work on TF though.