Thread: iPhone advise

Feedback Score

iPhone advise

Not sure if ok to post it here but Iím looking to upgrade my XS to either the 12 mini because of the smaller size or just get an 11 since it is cheaper than the 12 (since itís same size as my XS) I have a couple trade ins Iím going to do but waiting until prices drop in sept to upgrade. Any thoughts on this?

Phone
    iPhone SE2, iPhone 6, Blu V5
    Carrier
    Visible (VZN), Tracfone (VZN), TruPhone (ATT)
    Feedback Score
    Depends on what features are most important to you. If you donít plan to upgrade for a few years, I would get the 12-mini since it has 5G and the 11 does not.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

iPhone SE2 on Cricket (Primary)
    BLU V5 on TruPhone/Mint Mobile (Backup)
    iPhone 6 on Tracfone - VZ (Backup)

Phone
    Apple iPhone X, OnePlus Nord N10 5G
    Carrier
    T-Mobile, AT and T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by minij View Post
    Depends on what features are most important to you. If you donít plan to upgrade for a few years, I would get the 12-mini since it has 5G and the 11 does not.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    I agree. This device has had some aggressive promotions due to unexpectedly slow sales. You might be able to trade in a much older Smartphone for the 12 Mini and keep your XS for a future trade-up or re-sale (as it does have B71 which iPhone X and older do not).

The iPhone 11ís seem to be good enough but you could get 5G and be done upgrading for several years - most likely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score

iPhone advise

Quote Originally Posted by gdrenick74 View Post
    I agree. This device has had some aggressive promotions due to unexpectedly slow sales. You might be able to trade in a much older Smartphone for the 12 Mini and keep your XS for a future trade-up or re-sale (as it does have B71 which iPhone X and older do not).

The iPhone 11ís seem to be good enough but you could get 5G and be done upgrading for several years - most likely.

I was going to trade in an SE (1st and 2nd Gen) and a iPhone 8 and a friend of mine is likely going to buy my XS from me in a month from now. I was going to get the gift cards for now while trade in value is good then get the mini in Sept since prices will drop unless I should prob do it sooner if the Mini isnít going to be around.

Iím not too big on the 5G part Iím more concerned with the phone size since sometimes my XS feels a bit big for me but Iíve gotten used to it mostly. I know I can use reach ability as well. Oh I forgot to mention I plan to get an unlocked version from Apple directly too

Phone
    iPhone 12mini 64gig (me), iPhone 12pro 128gig (wife)
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by punisherbv View Post
    ... upgrade my XS to either the 12 mini because of the smaller size or just get an 11 since it is cheaper than the 12 ...
    With T-Mobile upgrade, I got a mini, my wife a Pro (not max) for the better camera. I'm amazed at the number of places I get 5G and the overall improvement in available signals.

I've also seen the reports of less popularity of the mini, but I wanted smaller phone. I liked the old 5 size personally.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gbynum View Post
    With T-Mobile upgrade, I got a mini, my wife a Pro (not max) for the better camera. I'm amazed at the number of places I get 5G and the overall improvement in available signals.

I've also seen the reports of less popularity of the mini, but I wanted smaller phone. I liked the old 5 size personally.
    Me too. And thatís cool to know about 5G signals!

Phone
    Apple iPhone X, OnePlus Nord N10 5G
    Carrier
    T-Mobile, AT and T
    Feedback Score

iPhone advise

I was going to trade in an SE (1st and 2nd Gen) and a iPhone 8 and a friend of mine is likely going to buy my XS from me in a month from now. I was going to get the gift cards for now while trade in value is good then get the mini in Sept since prices will drop unless I should prob do it sooner if the Mini isnít going to be around.

Iím not too big on the 5G part Iím more concerned with the phone size since sometimes my XS feels a bit big for me but Iíve gotten used to it mostly. I know I can use reach ability as well. Oh I forgot to mention I plan to get an unlocked version from Apple directly too
    Looking at Appleís Online Store, it looks the iPhone 11 Pro and Pro Max are only available at resellers. That might mean it would be locked. If true, then only the iPhone 11 and iPhone 12 Mini are available unlocked from Apple Online.

You might want to check that out to verify.

Phone
    iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone SE, Galaxy a10e
    Carrier
    Boom Mobile, Mobi
    Feedback Score
    I would have gone with the mini except for the camera. I like the 2X lens, which is helpful for quick photos zoomed in some.
    iPhone 12 Pro is my current primary phone. And also have a Galaxy a10e as a backup travel phone.

Phone
    iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPad 8th Gen, MacBook Pro mid-2012 13Ē, Apple TV 4.
    Carrier
    ROGERS
    Feedback Score
    Not sure if ok to post it here but Iím looking to upgrade my XS to either the 12 mini because of the smaller size or just get an 11 since it is cheaper than the 12 (since itís same size as my XS) I have a couple trade ins Iím going to do but waiting until prices drop in sept to upgrade. Any thoughts on this?
    Try the regular one too. I used to have the 11 Pro Max only for itís size so I could hold it better (thanks rounded edges). I got the 12 and I definitely donít regret it!

Sent from my iPhone 12 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    The iPhone 11 is larger than the iPhone XS.
    https://www.phonearena.com/phones/si...es/11175,10766

Feedback Score

iPhone advise

Quote Originally Posted by aKansasKid View Post
    The iPhone 11 is larger than the iPhone XS.
    https://www.phonearena.com/phones/si...es/11175,10766
    Yes by .3 inches really lol not that large tho compared to the other bigger sizes. XS is 5.8 while 11/12 is 6.1 so not a large difference

Oh I see what you mean I said before itís same size. Sorry I meant to say AROUND same size. Oops lol

Phone
    iPhone 12 Pro Max
    Carrier
    Pacific Bell Wireless / AT&T MX / Movistar MX / Telcel MX
    Feedback Score
    I would get the 12 of your choice because you will be able to use it as a trade in when the next iPhone comes out if you plan on upgrading to each model. Make no mistake, (slightly older) Apple devices generally hold their value over time, but you'll want to get the most of what you can by owning a previous model. The 11 is a strong performer as well for everyday use so if you can't see any use for 5G then I wouldn't bother with the 12. I wish the 12 Pro Max had better battery life with 5G, this is why I think the 11 Pro Max is a strong performer.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by i0wnj00 View Post
    I would get the 12 of your choice because you will be able to use it as a trade in when the next iPhone comes out if you plan on upgrading to each model. Make no mistake, (slightly older) Apple devices generally hold their value over time, but you'll want to get the most of what you can by owning a previous model. The 11 is a strong performer as well for everyday use so if you can't see any use for 5G then I wouldn't bother with the 12. I wish the 12 Pro Max had better battery life with 5G, this is why I think the 11 Pro Max is a strong performer.
    I was only more concerned about the size of the 12 mini as opposed to 5G but with that said I do see your point tho